Solstice Preview Tomorrow (July 8th) in Miami

Host Anne

Mike and I have posted our photos from today's Solstice preview event. We wanted to be able to show the menus and all of the features of this fabulous ship "to be" in a large format. You may view our effort at www.thepreismans.com and click on the Solstice.

Enjoy,

OMG! What a fantastic job you did with your photos....thank you! I simply cannot wait till next March......Solstice is going to be incredible.

Patsy

Carol & Mike....thank you so much for posting the photos. I don't know how you found the time to snap so many pics....I would have been too busy sampling all the wonderful looking food and sipping on a yummy drink concoction!

Thanks to all of you who attended the event and have so graciously asked our questions and came back with answers.

I would have preferred the answer to the Concierge Lounge question be different tho. ;)

Although I'm not booked to go on the Solstice I will be going on the Equinox next year.....now I'm even more excited about it.

~Jill

Bill, yes there is a T-Pool. We asked and were assured that indeed the pool that we have seen in the photo's is a T-Pool and available to all adult guests free of charge. I love those pools also :p

This is the best news yet! I cannot tell you how much we use that T-pool, and miss it on ships that don't have it. Not having it would have been a HUGE mistake for X.

Thanks to all for funneling our questions and getting back to us. What an invaluable resource you all are! :D

Thanks... that was some marketing junket.

Did anyone notice on the BLU menu the "baked Airline Chicken":confused: What's up with that... otherwise the food looks awesome.

CuriousCat

I assume this is a typical BLU menu and would change nightly.

I don't use AOL browser, I use Mozilla and just tried the Internet Explorer browser, still no luck.

I give up. I will see the ship 12/09!:eek:

I use Mozilla's Firefox and it works great. Perhaps it is an issue with your service provider. Keep trying periodically. It will eventually be updated for you.

Mike and I have posted our photos from today's Solstice preview event. We wanted to be able to show the menus and all of the features of this fabulous ship "to be" in a large format. You may view our effort at www.thepreismans.com and click on the Solstice.

Enjoy,

Carol -- thanks for posting the photos. I didn't associate your screen name with your webpage. I always love looking at your photos on your web page. They're so great for planning. Thanks again.

OMG - I'm starting my pre-cruise diet NOW.

Thanks to all of you for the information. This sounds like quite a unique experience. With all the dining options, it appears eating in the dining room most nights will be unusual on this ship.

Thanks to all for posting the information and the links for the pictures- AOL would not let me see them either,changing over to IE solved the problem tho.

Everything looks very good and sure jumps up my anticipation for Equinox, even thought it is so far away.

An upscale resturant in our town also has 'airline chicken' on their menu, hope Celebrity's version is just as good.

Will be watching with anticipation all the good reports about this ship once it sails!

Bev

Just a quick and very large "Thank you" for all of everyones generosity and effort. I have been lurking here reading the posts and just enjoying the information.

We are on the "3rd" sailing on Solstice 7 Dec. 08 and looking forward to our first Celebrity cruise.

The menues look wonderful!. I suspect the airline chicken is what might be known as an "industry" term based on the definition link one of you good folks posted. Perhaps Pouli de Avion might be a more...appealing name;) .

Once again, thanks.

Thank you so much Mike and Carol for all the wonderful pictures!

I have only one question (for now)...PLEASE tell me that the chocolate sauce on the crepes was actually Nutella. :p Considering I didn't see it mentioned on the Creperie menu, I'm bringing a jar with me. *slurp*

Molly - it will be $30 for Murano and Tuscan Grille and $20 for Silk Harvest. That's all I've heard so far. I heard awhile back that Tuscan Grille would be open for brunch on sea days but nothing recent - wondering if the brunch price would be less.

Just a quick and very large "Thank you" for all of everyones generosity and effort. I have been lurking here reading the posts and just enjoying the information.

We are on the "3rd" sailing on Solstice 7 Dec. 08 and looking forward to our first Celebrity cruise.

The menues look wonderful!. I suspect the airline chicken is what might be known as an "industry" term based on the definition link one of you good folks posted. Perhaps Pouli de Avion might be a more...appealing name;) .

Once again, thanks.

:D I think that Pouli de Avion would certainly do the trick! :)

Carol -- thanks for posting the photos. I didn't associate your screen name with your webpage. I always love looking at your photos on your web page. They're so great for planning. Thanks again.

Mike and I both use our town in our CC names: "MVP in Boynton" and CAPinBoynton. The CC names came long before the website. With our name in both the www name and in our email addresses, we gave up a long time ago on being anonymous online. :rolleyes:

Thank you so much Mike and Carol for all the wonderful pictures!

I have only one question (for now)...PLEASE tell me that the chocolate sauce on the crepes was actually Nutella. :p Considering I didn't see it mentioned on the Creperie menu, I'm bringing a jar with me. *slurp*

Yes, it was Nutella and quite yummy!

Carol and Mike, thank you for your wonderful photos of the preview. We're on the 12/7/08 sailing, and I can't wait to see this ship.

On a side note, I've really enjoyed your previous photos of other cruises...especially the Australia/New Zealand, So. Pacific ones. We were fortunate to have had a cruise there this past Feb./Mar., and just loved it. Your photos gave us a taste of what was to see. Thank you.

Karyn

Hi gang ~ just got some answers to questions so I'll be pulling everything together in one post shortly. But just a couple quick notes:

Pricing in specialty restaurants (from the head of F&B on Solstice - Dominque Gamba - WOO HOO):

Murano -$30

Tuscan Grille - $25

Silk Harvest - $20

I have a list of when they'll be open but can't recall off the top of my head...

Marc ~ it really WAS nutella.....I saw the jar!!!! :)

I promise to get the list of questions done at lunch....

Thank you to those who has posted their reports and photos.

When I booked the original inaugural over a year ago I was a little disappointed with the itinerary. Seven day cruise, only three ports, all of which we've been to several times.

Now, I'm glad we'll have so much time on the ship. It'll take the full 7 days just to try all of the various dining venues!:)

I think those morning crepes are going to be the new waffles!

I think those morning crepes are going to be the new waffles!

Don't let Texed hear you say that! (I do agree though)

Karyn, we fell in love with New Zealand and Australia. We will be returning in Feb. 2010 on the Millie, so you can look for a new review after we return. :) Meanwhile, it's on to the pyramids in Sept.!

Great pics and info everyone and TY for providing it. But - what about the beds?? :D Did anyone not ask? I'd like to know which way my head is facing and whether I have to trip over my bed or not? Was no one able to provide insight on this? Food is nice but I'm going to have to eat the food anyway. Far more important to me to know whether my bed is beside the balcony or back from it. Did they give you guys any info on that? :)

Holly---Glad you re-asked this question... I like to know where my head is facing & where the bed is rel to the bathroom bed & balcony--. Seems we are also on similar cruise plan for the future-- after Solstice cruise in Jan 09, we will be getting off Solstice E. Medit as you board in Sept. 2009 & we will be taking the Connie Exotic cruise one month ahead of you in 2010--after that we'll be looking for a Panama canal

Carol, Lois & everyone else, much thanks for posting all you learned at the big event!

Hi, I know the question was asked about bed placement because

I was standing next to Host Anne when she posed it to

Dan Hanrahan.

Unless I misunderstood (which is always a possiblity) he

did not have an answer for it.

Archived