OBC for Stock Ownership?

You have to own 100 shares. Redemption is extremely easy. You just email you name, address, confirmation #, ship, and sailing date along with current brokerage statement showing proof of shareholder ownership to shareholderbenefit@rccl.com. They will email you back and let you know the OBC has been applied to your acct. I then call Royal and have them send me a new confirmation that shows the OBC is there.

That easy! You get $50 for a 3 nighter, and $100 for a 7 nighter. I think even more for longer cruises, but we haven't done one longer than 7.

These Shareholder benefits also apply to Celebrity and Azamara cruises. There is no limit on the number of times you can take advantage - so if you take 5 cruises a year - you can use the benefit for each of them. No limit !! We just

did this and are getting $ 500 OBC for our Jan. 4th Mariner of the Seas to South America.

It's crazy..........but we have.............at $3700.00 for one hundred shares.............which is much more than it's going for now............over the past 4 years............have paid for our stock.........with OBC's

I'm happy to answer anyones questions about RCCL stock.

Rick

I just learned about this the other day. I have a government 457 retirement plan (like a 401K) for mutual funds , but knowing about this makes me want to buy some. At current prices ($25/share) that is $2500, still it would pay for itself eventually. Plus the stock is at a historical low, and I have a lot of faith in RCCL, it will probably go up. I'm gunna open an account w/TD Ameritrade to do it soon.

It's always best to go straight to the horse's mouth:

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-shareholderbenefit

All of your questions will be answered:

RCCL Shareholder Benefit

Frequently Asked Questions

1. Who is eligible for this offer?

2. What is the offer?

3. How do I redeem this offer?

4. I am sailing with my family and some friends. Can they redeem the offer too?

5. Can I use the offer each time I sail?

6. Can this offer be combined with other offers, onboard credits and coupons?

7. Is offer transferrable?

8. Are there any restrictions?

I just learned about this the other day. I have a government 457 retirement plan (like a 401K) for mutual funds , but knowing about this makes me want to buy some. At current prices ($25/share) that is $2500, still it would pay for itself eventually. Plus the stock is at a historical low, and I have a lot of faith in RCCL, it will probably go up. I'm gunna open an account w/TD Ameritrade to do it soon.

You can roll some of your 401K money over to a Sharebuilder IRA. From there, you can invest in RCL stock with that money.Your stock dividends are rolled back into your IRA account. No penalty for a direct rollover between tax deferred retirement plans.Sharebuilder will walk you through the process.

My DW purchased 2 shares for me about two years ago since we fell in love with cruising. We had been talking about purchasing another 98 shares to make our 100.

When the cost went down to around $20 a share, we purchased the 98 and now it is up around $25/share.

We haven't sent in our portfolio yet, but need to do it pretty quickly.

It's crazy..........but we have.............at $3700.00 for one hundred shares.............which is much more than it's going for now............over the past 4 years............have paid for our stock.........with OBC's

I'm happy to answer anyones questions about RCCL stock.

Rick

WOW. One day I would love to be able to say I have paid for my stocks with OBC's! :cool:

It is not anywhere near it's historical low. It has traded in the single digits in the past (on different occasions). It was at it's 52-week low a few weeks ago, but it is already up over 33% just from there (most likely due to the recent sell off in oil). If you are a frequent cruiser and the OBC perk remains in place as is, it may very will be a great buy. However, one needs to be aware that the OBC perk can be changed or abandoned at any time. RCL stock tends to trade with the price of oil as their profits are so signiticantly impacted by oil. If you think this recent drop in oil is a sign oil is going lower it may very well be a great buy. If you think this dip in oil is temporary and oil is going to climb significantly higher in the coming years, RCL stock may very well go back to historic lows or even lower and the OBC perk may be in danger. One has to consider these factors before making a decision whether or not to purchase the stock.

I will probably get flamed for not saying RCL stock is the best thing since apple pie and alerting people that the OBC perk is not set in stone and that the stock price potentially could go much lower, but people need to know the truth before purchasing stock and not just hear the positive reasons for buying.

I guess my statement about being a historic low is technically inacurrate, what I meant is that it is low realative to what it used to sell for. Judging from the papers I've seen, RCCL has been offering this for at least 3 years, so they have a track record of providing it (at least in the short term). I doubt many people take advantage of it, also the OBC credit is money I wouldn't spend anyway, so the cruise isn't loosing money, at least not with me. I'll probably just get pictures that they would have thrown away otherwise.

As far as oil goes, I think it will continue to go down until the election in Novemeber (in an effort to get McCain elected). After that it will go back up to over $4/gal, so if what you saying is true, RCCL will go back down more after Nov.

It will be intertesting to see...

It is not anywhere near it's historical low. It has traded in the single digits in the past (on different occasions). It was at it's 52-week low a few weeks ago, but it is already up over 33% just from there (most likely due to the recent sell off in oil). If you are a frequent cruiser and the OBC perk remains in place as is, it may very will be a great buy. However, one needs to be aware that the OBC perk can be changed or abandoned at any time. RCL stock tends to trade with the price of oil as their profits are so signiticantly impacted by oil. If you think this recent drop in oil is a sign oil is going lower it may very well be a great buy. If you think this dip in oil is temporary and oil is going to climb significantly higher in the coming years, RCL stock may very well go back to historic lows or even lower and the OBC perk may be in danger. One has to consider these factors before making a decision whether or not to purchase the stock.

I will probably get flamed for not saying RCL stock is the best thing since apple pie and alerting people that the OBC perk is not set in stone and that the stock price potentially could go much lower, but people need to know the truth before purchasing stock and not just hear the positive reasons for buying.

Oil higher=Rcl stock lower- Oil lower= Rcl stock higher, I wish it was that simple. The largest single day gain in the history of the stock after the conference call had very little to do with the price of oil. Price of oil is one of many, many factors. Oil could go to $75.00 a barrel and if they dont fill up their ships and meet their forecasts the stock could easly go down.

Oil higher=Rcl stock lower- Oil lower= Rcl stock higher, I wish it was that simple. The largest single day gain in the history of the stock after the conference call had very little to do with the price of oil. Price of oil is one of many, many factors. Oil could go to $75.00 a barrel and if they dont fill up their ships and meet their forecasts the stock could easly go down.

If oil goes to $75 RCL stock would go MUCH higher. The only way they would not meet their forecasts would be if the forecasts were raised much, much, much higher than they are now (which would drive up the price of the stock in advance of them releasing earnings). If you look at the price of oil during the past year and compare it to the price of RCL stock, you will see an extremely high correlation. Sure it is not the only factor and sure a few times per year there is significant news that drives the stock price that particular day, but it is by far the biggest overall factor moving the stock this year.

One should not extrapolate long term trends from day to day fluctuations in the stock.

In addition, the lower the price goes, the greater the possibility that the OBC will be modified or dropped. This is logical for two reasons. First, if the stock price is dropping, it probably means the future earnings outlook for RCL is negative. As such, the company would surely have reevaluation of this perk on its agenda. Second, a lower stock price increases the relative value of the OBC to the buyer and decreases it to RCL. As such, RCL would be tempted to modify the intrinsic value of the credit.

If oil goes to $75 RCL stock would go MUCH higher. The only way they would not meet their forecasts would be if the forecasts were raised much, much, much higher than they are now (which would drive up the price of the stock in advance of them releasing earnings). If you look at the price of oil during the past year and compare it to the price of RCL stock, you will see an extremely high correlation. Sure it is not the only factor and sure a few times per year there is significant news that drives the stock price that particular day, but it is by far the biggest overall factor moving the stock this year.

The price of oil as we know it is not relative to cruise ships since they purchase BUNKER FUEL. The cheapest and the bottom of the barrel which keeps on increasing. Rcl has hedged %40 of their future purchases for 09. I wish you could prove me wrong, I really do.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuel_oil

The price of oil as we know it is not relative to cruise ships since they purchase BUNKER FUEL. The cheapest and the bottom of the barrel which keeps on increasing. Rcl has hedged %40 of their future purchases for 09. I wish you could prove me wrong, I really do.

That is completely intrue. Royal Caribbean even stated when discussing their earnings that every dollar change in the price of oil per barrel causes an 11 cent per share swing in their earnings based on their most recent forecasts (taking into account the portion they have hedged). You need to stop attempting to harness your misinformed opinions against facts. I know this may shock you, but increased oil prices also cause bunker fuel prices to increase.

That is completely intrue. Royal Caribbean even stated when discussing their earnings that every dollar change in the price of oil per barrel causes an 11 cent per share swing in their earnings based on their most recent forecasts (taking into account the portion they have hedged). You need to stop attempting to harness your misinformed opinions against facts. I know this may shock you, but increased oil prices also cause bunker fuel prices to increase.

Funny how this is the first time you have used the term "bunker". Do you know what the price of bunker fuel is today or 30 days ago. That is what is important to RCL. Has bunker fuel gone down since oil prices have gone down?

Royal Caribbean even stated when discussing their earnings that every dollar change in the price of oil per barrel causes an 11 cent per share swing in their earnings

Gonzo - usually we are in total agreement. I'm just curious about this statement. On the surface it does not seem logical. That would mean a $20 increase in the price of oil would lead to $2.20 decrease in earnings. Is this correct?

Archived