OBC for Stock Ownership?

Loving this one, but just trying to resist the urge to jump in. Just sittin back and watching my profit from those golden RC shares I bought at $21. And I bought them without any of that there "book learnin" either!

Any words of wisdom for those who bought them without "book learnin" at $45?

Yep, don't sell till them there shares get to $46. Cordin to some siphering I did by countin on fingers and toes, I'm spectin that 'round January.

Good luck to you! RCL at 46 by January will mean interest rates have declined, the price of oil will have dropped in spectacular fashion, the economy will have rebounded, etc. etc..

As an owner of RCL, I'm with you, but realistically, I somehow think you need to state if January is 2009 or 2012!

Whoops, made a mistake!!! With RC pushin 29 this PM, I just put my yardstick on a piece of that there graphin paper, and now I'm figurin RC to hit 46 this December- Merry Xmas!! We just gotta stop worryin 'bout that there foreign oil and not get so serious 'bout this vestin business. Gotta run - go book another cruise for that free, free OBC!

Loving this one, but just trying to resist the urge to jump in. Just sittin back and watching my profit from those golden RC shares I bought at $21. And I bought them without any of that there "book learnin" either!

We have done well recently, but we know, that "past performance( 4 weeks , 4 months or 4 years) does not guarantee future performance". We make our decisions as to when to buy or when to sell and we roll with the crap shoot. If anyone knew what the stock price, or the price of oil would be in Dec. they would not have to worry about OBC, they would own their own ship.

LOL....I was just sitting here wondering why I didn't pull the trigger and buy more when it was below $20 like I wanted to......and didn't :rolleyes: . I'm just tickled to see it back up. :D

Hi just joined this thread. I emailed my brokerage statement to RCI this morning and received my confirmation email this afternoon. Now I just have to wait 9months to use my $200 obc. Thanks for all the info on this thread.

Cheers:)

Hi just joined this thread. I emailed my brokerage statement to RCI this morning and received my confirmation email this afternoon.

Cheers:)

They are fast with processing OBC requests; that has to be the most efficient branch of RCL!

They are fast with processing OBC requests; that has to be the most efficient branch of RCL!

I agree with that. If the rest of the organization was as good as that department the stock would be at $100!:D Since my next cruise is so far in the future I didn't bother contacting them until last Friday when I had some down time. I got the response in less than 4 hours after doing it via email.

All I did was a bad cut and paste from my brokerage site with horrible formatting and bingo... OBC.

jc

We just brought 100 shares a couple of weeks ago. We are going on a cruise in October 12th and was wondering how soon should you send your information to RCCL.

Thanks

Ann

You can send it in as soon as you have a deposit down for a cruise.

I agree with that. If the rest of the organization was as good as that department the stock would be at $100!:D Since my next cruise is so far in the future I didn't bother contacting them until last Friday when I had some down time. I got the response in less than 4 hours after doing it via email.

All I did was a bad cut and paste from my brokerage site with horrible formatting and bingo... OBC.

jc

Ok, JC, the "what if" moral question of the day. So, for whatever reason, you decide to sell your stock in Oct. next year before your cruise. Do you call RCL and tell them to take off your OBC? You don't have to answer if you don't want to, I would understand.

Ok, JC, the "what if" moral question of the day. So, for whatever reason, you decide to sell your stock in Oct. next year before your cruise. Do you call RCL and tell them to take off your OBC? You don't have to answer if you don't want to, I would understand.

I am not selling the stock. No matter how many times Gonzo tells me to. That being said, I have the OBC applied to my account. They will never ask me about it again(per past experience).

If they did ask and I had succumbed to yogi and gonzo dark vision of Isreal doing what the world is forcing it to do to in order to survive. I would tell them I no longer owned the stock if asked, if not... nope can't see why I am responsible to tell them something that they can find out on their own. I have given them exactly what they asked for already.

Do I pass or fail the morality test?

jc

I am not selling the stock. No matter how many times Gonzo tells me to. That being said, I have the OBC applied to my account. They will never ask me about it again(per past experience).

If they did ask and I had succumbed to yogi and gonzo dark vision of Isreal doing what the world is forcing it to do to in order to survive. I would tell them I no longer owned the stock if asked, if not... nope can't see why I am responsible to tell them something that they can find out on their own. I have given them exactly what they asked for already.

Do I pass or fail the morality test?

jc

I would say you and I and my DW would fail the test ,since the Rules state you must own the stock at the time of the cruise. Iam sure Gonzo is reading this and probably would call Richard Fain every month to have them make sure we own the stock at the time of our cruise, so I guess we better not sell.

I would say you and I and my DW would fail the test ,since the Rules state you must own the stock at the time of the cruise. Iam sure Gonzo is reading this and probably would call Richard Fain every month to have them make sure we own the stock at the time of our cruise, so I guess we better not sell.

Nope he has me on ignore, so I am home free, as long as nobody quotes me! :D Have a good weekend!

jc

Don, he is attacking you again... saying you make juvenile comments. Maybe someday Gonzo can explain why he feels like he can attack people? Somehow I doubt it.:rolleyes:

jc

Some people have a sense of humor and some dont. He his so upset oil is going down, he wants so badly to tell the world how he and the commodity experts were right.

For those who bought high, there is a way to still take advantage of the stock ownership, but get some help on your taxes. I am no accountant or financial planner, and have no desire to get into the name calling or character assassinations on this site, but for those of you who need some losses to offset gains on your taxes, you can buy 100 shares more and sell the original 100 shares after 31 days (or vice versa - sell your 100 shares and buy 100 more after 31 days). This only works if you have some gains, but can save a few bucks on next year's taxes.

Some people have a sense of humor and some dont. He his so upset oil is going down, he wants so badly to tell the world how he and the commodity experts were right.

I am thrilled oil has gone down. I hope it keeps going down.

If you own RCL stock, can you get OBC for Celebrity?

The only exception is no OBC for Celebrity Xpedition (their ship that does the Galapagos Islands); all other Celebrity ships you can recevie the OBC. Also can get it on all Azamara ships as well.

Archived