Can I Bring Fruit On-Board at Embarkation?

robinbtigger

AI don't understand why you would want to bring it aboard. All the ships have wonderful fresh fruit. The buffets always have sliced melons, berries, fresh fruits of all kinds. HAL has fruit basket in every cabin. I'd be very surprised if Carnival doesn't also have all the fresh fruit you could want.

I would just like to pack a couple apples for my daughter to snack on for the time between when we board and when we eat dinner.

They'll have plenty available on board so there's no need to bring apples. You definitely won't lack for fresh fruit. Just check out the lido deck buffet and if they don't have any out, just ask.

They'll have plenty available on board so there's no need to bring apples. You definitely won't lack for fresh fruit. Just check out the lido deck buffet and if they don't have any out, just ask.
Thank you :). It's been quite a while since we were on a cruise and I don't remember fruit being readily available all the time.

You will find all the apples your DD can eat.

You can even call Room Service (on HAL) and I'm sure they'd bring you a few. I imagine most cruise lines would do the same.

No need to bring your own apples.

I was thinking you wanted something a bit more exotic like passion fruit. :D

My first thought also was why in the world would she want to bring fruit on board when there is great fruit in the buffet. But we recently had a cruise where boarding was delayed. By the time I got our table for dinner fixed (there was just no table # on our seapass card), the buffet had closed for muster drill.

I would like to suggest some packaged granola bars, gummi bears or other packaged fruit things (I'm sorry I don't know what they are called but they sell these in the granola bar section). That way you can also take this off at ports. I know how it is to get stuck with young children with no food, or a husband without water for that matter.

Thank you :). It's been quite a while since we were on a cruise and I don't remember fruit being readily available all the time.

No problem. If you hit the buffet right after you get on board, there should be plenty to tide everybody over until dinner. And if you like fruit, be sure to have the fruit plate in the dining room at dinner. Yummy!

You can bring food aboard if you want to. It could be useful if there is a really long line for embarkation (ever been to Manhattan Cruise Terminal :eek: ). When we got aboard the Carnival Miracle in May the Horatio's restaurant (the buffet) on Lido deck was open and doing a roaring trade - there was plenty of fruit. Room service can be slow on embarkation day as they're delivering all the preordered platters etc.

There was a thread a while back about the dumbest questions asked on this site. I need to find that one again.

WHY?

This is a new cruiser and she asked an honest question. No need to be rude!

I was thinking of asking a similar question! :o

DH wants to bring home some Maine blueberries and lobster.

(I say we should just enjoy it while we're there and start planning another trip when we get home!);)

Hope you mean he wants to bring 'cooked' lobster meat. :) What in the world would he do with a live one. Knock on the galley door and ask Chef to steam it for him? :rolleyes: :D

We get all the wonderful blueberries we want on HAL ships. I have them all the time.

I'm from Boston and know what 'good' blueberries taste like. ;) Good lobster, too, for that matter.

I was thinking of asking a similar question! :o

DH wants to bring home some Maine blueberries and lobster.

(I say we should just enjoy it while we're there and start planning another trip when we get home!);)

Tell him to listen to his wife!:p You might be able to bring the lobster home (if you can figure out the logistics), but it's a definite no on the blueberries due to USDA rules.

AI don't understand why you would want to bring it aboard. All the ships have wonderful fresh fruit. The buffets always have sliced melons, berries, fresh fruits of all kinds. HAL has fruit basket in every cabin. I'd be very surprised if Carnival doesn't also have all the fresh fruit you could want.

I know on Princess you can get a fresh fruit basket in your state room every day. I'd be surprised it Carnival doesn't have the same.

Tee

We always bring food items on board, i.e., nuts to have with drinks in our cabin, dried fruit, chocolates and even pastries we buy in ports along with way. This is especially fun in European ports of call where the treats are different.

We are not a big fan of some the ship desserts. So we bring with we like.

For the first time that I can remember, there was a sign when we were boarding Monarch last weekend that said we were entering a quarantine zone and couldn't bring fruits & vegetables onboard (I'm paraphrasing). There was even a bin to throw things away. Nobody was monitoring it, though, and I didn't see anybody having stuff confiscated going through security, so it was more of a request than a command.:)

Why would you want to? :confused::confused:

I think there are some good answers here.

I have brought limes on board because twice, the ship ran out and we weren't even half way through the cruise.

Archived