Quest Question

I have read a bit about Quest on these boards and I am definitely interested in going. My question is this: It sounds pretty crazy. Do you have to actively participate, or can you just watch others make fools of themselves? My DH will want to know before he agrees to go. He doesn't mind watching other make fools of themselves, but declines to join in.

Spoil Sport.

Thanks for the info!

You don't have to participate! Teams are formed for the Quest. Plenty of folks just watch. You don't want to miss it. Get there early so you'll have a seat where you can see all the action. If you can't sit really close to the stage you'll miss most of the fun.

:D No one that's been to Quest will give you too much info. If we did, it would spoil it. Push, pull, or drag ye stubborn hubby to the show. He'll thank you later. (Assuming he can stop laughing long enough to do so.)

Quest is a scavenger hunt, an 'adult' scavenger hunt. Pretty much billed just for adults and the CD will give his typical disclaimer (kids not allowed but make sure yours is next to you so he can explain it to you....Ive heard this at one show or another lol cute!!!!) Anyway, it takes place at Studio B on voyager class ships- the audience is divided into groups, you yell loudly, you clap, you feed off the frenzy of tghe next, lol. It is some of the most amazing fun on a cruiseship! You do NOT have to participate but sit close anyway, they are the best seats in the house. We've been to 4 or 5 of them, always fun, doesnt get old, dont tire, cant happen. Every CD will tweak it a bit differently. Our Quest Team in December even had a mascot....a 'blow up doll' :eek: :) Our Team this past June was lead by my DD and we WON. :D

Oh, If I recall correctly, I can say you will be singing a QUEEN song pretty often!

We were part of a team on the Vision last year - like I said in a previous post - extreme fun :D :p :D

Don't forget the medals!!! We cherish our bronze medals - working our way up on the next cruise :D

We were part of a team on the Vision last year - like I said in a previous post - extreme fun :D :p :D

Don't forget the medals!!! We cherish our bronze medals - working our way up on the next cruise :D

I don't think we got a medal on the Brilliance in November 2006. But we got a nice prize - an over the shoulder bag that is great while out and about on the ship or anytime for that matter.

I think it depends on what ship you go on as to what they hand out as prizes. DD was just Team Captain on our 6/28/08 cruise and we won. If I remember correctly they gave her and her co-captain draw string gym bags with some stuff inside. There was one of those plastic air-tight (wish I knew what they were called,lol) money/ credit card holder on a string- to take with youin the water and keep those things dry. It just came in handy when we went tubing on the Delaware!

I guess it depends on one's perspective and each individual Quest.

On our particular VOS Quest, we just found it to be very silly fun and didn't take it seriously. Of course, a martini did help :D :eek: :D ...

But like I said - it's a personal thing. I'm sure there are things that I don't, like that others find ok - different strokes for different folks :)

The Quest is totally demeaning to women.

Doesn't anyone else get it?

It's only demeaning if you happen to be one of those poor sods that is always looking for some hidden insult in everything and has no sense of humor.

Don't like it, don't go. End of story. I, however, am going to go have a good laugh, along with all the participants that are having a good time.

The Quest is totally demeaning to women.

Doesn't anyone else get it?

There is that aspect but it's an equal opportunity game and is demeaning of men, too, if you want to look at it that way. And I say as someone who's been a feminist since the early 1970s.

But it's also silly, raunchy fun which is why I laughed so much the one and only time I played it.

This is an absolutely hysterical, fun had by all time. We went the first time and had no clue. The second time, not only did hubby want to sit up front in the first row, but he volunteered a couple times. I was BLOWN away since that was so out of character. And no, adult beverages were not part of his decision process. LOL

Erika

Without saying why or saying too much to 'let the cat out of the bag'......

I think it is way more demeaning for men, lmao (& thats IF I was forced to think about it being demeaning for one or the other).......but as someone else said.....thats if you're unable to find the fun and silliness in it and you cant deal with some fun raunchy stuff and you're trying to make more of it than it really is lol

To the poster who was surprised her husband participated...SAME HERE!

Woe to anyone who does not like Quest.

Liking it or not has nothing to do with someone's sense of humor, or morality; it's just an opinion on the game. People need to stop asserting their superiority because they happen to enjoy it.

Archived