Difference Between Crown Grill and Sterlings?

rickcherryb

Can anyone tell me the differences between Sterlings and the Crown Grill? We are sailing on the Ruby Princess and am confused between these two, and if they are both even on the Ruby Princess. We want to dine one evening at a specialty restaurant with great steaks. Thanks

Can anyone tell me the differences between Sterlings and the Crown Grill? We are sailing on the Ruby Princess and am confused between these two, and if they are both even on the Ruby Princess. We want to dine one evening at a specialty restaurant with great steaks. Thanks

Rognish is correct. There is no Sterling on the Ruby. The Crown Grill is where you want to go if you want a GREAT steak dinner.;)

Can anyone tell me the differences between Sterlings and the Crown Grill?

The steak restaurant has different names on different ships, so these two names are used on different ships and you will not find them on the same ship.

Crown Grill has a much more extensive menu than Sterlings, both for appetizers and entrees. A ship has one or the other -- the newer ships like the Crown and Ruby have the Crown Grill, I believe that some of the older ones are switching when they go into drydock. Also, at least some of the Sterlings used to be Tex-Mex restaurants and lack the dark wood, "steakhouse" decor.

Crown Grill has a much more extensive menu than Sterlings, both for appetizers and entrees. A ship has one or the other -- the newer ships like the Crown and Ruby have the Crown Grill, I believe that some of the older ones are switching when they go into drydock. Also, at least some of the Sterlings used to be Tex-Mex restaurants and lack the dark wood, "steakhouse" decor.

You speak true. On Grand princess, Sterling was the Painted Desert.

I've been to Sterling's Steakhouse, Sabatini's and the Crown Grill -- they are all very different. The Crown Grill is NOT the Sterling Steakhouse with a different name; the menu is quite different. Of the three, I thought the Crown Grill was the most outstanding. The French onion soup had Roquefort cheese and was richer (it didn't have all that soggy bread); the filet mignon with a cracked pepper crust was without a doubt, the best steak I've ever had; the Chocolate Obsession dessert was absolutely to die for. I'm not sure how to describe it but if you think liquid gold where the liquid is chocolate, that's what it was. It comes in a pot and the chocolate is liquid without being hot. I don't remember the rest of the menu but it was very different from Sterlings, particularly the appetizers, salads and desserts.

I've been to Sterling's Steakhouse, Sabatini's and the Crown Grill -- they are all very different. The Crown Grill is NOT the Sterling Steakhouse with a different name; the menu is quite different. Of the three, I thought the Crown Grill was the most outstanding. The French onion soup had Roquefort cheese and was richer (it didn't have all that soggy bread); the filet mignon with a cracked pepper crust was without a doubt, the best steak I've ever had; the Chocolate Obsession dessert was absolutely to die for. I'm not sure how to describe it but if you think liquid gold where the liquid is chocolate, that's what it was. It comes in a pot and the chocolate is liquid without being hot. I don't remember the rest of the menu but it was very different from Sterlings, particularly the appetizers, salads and desserts.

Thanks for the info

Archived