Thanks Princess EZ check in

ucsbgirl

Ok, so I am being sarcastic. We decided to do EZ check in (we had 3 bags, going to pay $25 anyway for the extra bag) so figured, why not try this out? We would pay 32 vs. 25, plus not have to lug our bags around.

Check out was very smooth, ( love the way Princess does debarkation) and an uneventful flight.

My husband and I made it to LA, but not our bags. Upon talking to the Alaska Air rep, the bags never made it to the airport---thanks Princess. There were 4 others on our flight who did EZ check in, no luggage either.

We made a claim with ALaska, and went home. Stupid us, didn't call Princess.

Heard from Alaska, our bags are at LAX, but now we have to call princess to have them deliver the bags. I called 1800princess, but they had closed for the night. I then called the seattle # (from the website) the guy assured me he would look into it, and call me tonight (which he hasn't) and assured me that this NEVER happens. (Even though the rep at the airport says this ALWAYS happens) It is now 10, our bags are at LAX (over 1 hour from our house) have to call Princess in the morning so they can bring our bags to us.

So the point of this thread? 1. Beware of EZ check 2. Needed to vent.

BTW, had a great cruise, the Golden Princess was great, so was ALaska.

I lose luggage all the time with out a cruise line being involved. Unfortunately - it is part of flying in today's world.

I am running about 50% success rate of having my luggage arrive with me (at home) whenever I fly.

Ok, so I am being sarcastic. We decided to do EZ check in (we had 3 bags, going to pay $25 anyway for the extra bag) so figured, why not try this out? We would pay 32 vs. 25, plus not have to lug our bags around.

Check out was very smooth, ( love the way Princess does debarkation) and an uneventful flight.

My husband and I made it to LA, but not our bags. Upon talking to the Alaska Air rep, the bags never made it to the airport---thanks Princess. There were 4 others on our flight who did EZ check in, no luggage either.

Heard from Alaska, our bags are at LAX, but now we have to call princess to have them deliver the bags. I called 1800princess, but they had closed for the night. I then called the seattle # (from the website) the guy assured me he would look into it, and call me tonight (which he hasn't) and assured me that this NEVER happens. (Even though the rep at the airport says this ALWAYS happens) It is now 10, our bags are at LAX (over 1 hour from our house) have to call Princess in the morning so they can bring our bags to us.

So the point of this thread? 1. Beware of EZ check 2. Needed to vent.

BTW, had a great cruise, the Golden Princess was great, so was ALaska.

How about the rest of the cruise? Disaster too? :confused:

Heard from Alaska, our bags are at LAX, but now we have to call princess to have them deliver the bags. I called 1800princess, but they had closed for the night. I then called the seattle # (from the website) the guy assured me he would look into it, and call me tonight (which he hasn't) and assured me that this NEVER happens. (Even though the rep at the airport says this ALWAYS happens)

Wow, the rep at the airport must be very well traveled and important.. But it would be a drag to have to keep track of all the EZ check bags at all the EZ check airports so that he is able to make a statement as definitive as it ALWAYS happens. Sorry this happenned to you though. It would also be an incredibly assumptive statement on the seattle reps part to say it Never happens.

I lose luggage all the time with out a cruise line being involved. Unfortunately - it is part of flying in today's world.

I am running about 50% success rate of having my luggage arrive with me (at home) whenever I fly.

You sure are unlucky. I do not know the official numbers for late luggage, but I am sure that is not very high on average. I have flown many times and have never had a problem. 50% indicates some really bad luck. Good luck in the future. I mostly use American, but have flown on several other airlines as well.

You sure are unlucky. I do not know the official numbers for late luggage, but I am sure that is not very high on average. I have flown many times and have never had a problem. 50% indicates some really bad luck. Good luck in the future. I mostly use American, but have flown on several other airlines as well.

While I do lose luggage periodically (it has always show up eventually) - many times the luggage doesn't make it to my flight or there isn't room. So it isn't always lost, it just isn't with my flight.

I fly out of a small airport. For some reason, it is often difficult for luggage to make it to the end (and out of the way) gates that I am often at. Additionally, I fly on regional jets mostly. For some reason, if there is a weight issue (too many people or too much luggage), people always win and the luggage is then delayed for a later flight or the following day.

I also have the unfortunate luck of flying through blizzards and trying to get on any flight I can even if my luggage doesn't. I flew through Denver 2 years ago after the airport had been closed for many days. I talked myself into an earlier flight and was thankful because my flight didn't go and it was Dec 23rd. My luggage was thrown in with thousands of others who had been at the airport for days and arrived a week later. I was just thankful that I got on a flight because if I stayed with the original flight - I would have had a cancelled flight and it would have taken 3-4 days to get that rescheduled.

Had our luggage EZ check through to San Diego from Seattle. No problem. I think our luggage got there before we did, because we took a tour of Seattle and did not fly out until 3PM. I would use EZ check again, made life a lot easier.:)

While I do lose luggage periodically (it has always show up eventually) - many times the luggage doesn't make it to my flight or there isn't room. So it isn't always lost, it just isn't with my flight.

I fly out of a small airport. For some reason, it is often difficult for luggage to make it to the end (and out of the way) gates that I am often at. Additionally, I fly on regional jets mostly. For some reason, if there is a weight issue (too many people or too much luggage), people always win and the luggage is then delayed for a later flight or the following day.

I also have the unfortunate luck of flying through blizzards and trying to get on any flight I can even if my luggage doesn't. I flew through Denver 2 years ago after the airport had been closed for many days. I talked myself into an earlier flight and was thankful because my flight didn't go and it was Dec 23rd. My luggage was thrown in with thousands of others who had been at the airport for days and arrived a week later. I was just thankful that I got on a flight because if I stayed with the original flight - I would have had a cancelled flight and it would have taken 3-4 days to get that rescheduled.

One of the advantages of living so close to Chicago.

I've had luggage lost several times, fortunately when returning from a cruise, by an airline. They found it the next day and deliver it. A couple of times, they tried to tell me I had to go to the airport to pick it up but in a few short words, I explained how it was their fault, they could deliver it, which they did.

On our Baltic cruise in July, we had a super early (4am) disembarkation in Copenhagen. There weren't many of us and Princess had one bin for our luggage which they brought out and put on the bus. Only my sister's big shocking yellow LL Bean duffle with their last name in 3" letters printed on it wasn't there. The bus driver wouldn't wait for anyone to go look so we had to take off after my brother-in-law filled out a lost luggage form. When he got home, he contacted Princess who said that nothing had been filed and he'd have to file a report. He did so and included a copy of the original form. Fast forward almost a month and the bag was finally "found" and was delivered this past week only because my brother-in-law told them that shipping it by post wasn't going to work; they could ship it DHL along with their other luggage shipments. (They're going on another trip next week and really needed their clothes.) It all worked out but only because my BIL pushed at Princess, calling daily.

Sorry about your experience.

My DB, on his first cruise, left his bags out the night before disembarkment.

The next day, he left the cruise and went directly to the airport.

Flew home and waited at the baggage claim area for his bags. No Bags!!! :eek:

When he got home he called Princess. Princess explained to him that he should have gone to the baggage claim area in the cruise terminal to pick up his bags. :o Anyway, the next day his bags arrived at his house. Princess flew them Next Day Delivery.

When he got home he called Princess. Princess explained to him that he should have gone to the baggage claim area in the cruise terminal to pick up his bags. :o Anyway, the next day his bags arrived at his house. Princess flew them Next Day Delivery.

that's funny! just got off the ship and walked right past them? hahaha :D

i'm glad princess handled it well, wish that there was consistent customer service practices!

Had our luggage EZ check through to San Diego from Seattle. No problem. I think our luggage got there before we did, because we took a tour of Seattle and did not fly out until 3PM. I would use EZ check again, made life a lot easier.:)

I think we'll use EZCheck this time...when & how do you sign up?

Thanx, Steve

i've been following your sister and bil's luggage story. glad they finally got it back. although bright yellow? how could princess have mis-placed that?!
Beats me! And, how/why it wasn't "found" for almost three weeks is a mystery, particularly if it was left over and had their name printed in large letters on the bag. They tried to tell my BIL that it would take another four weeks to ship the bag home which is when he really hit the roof. It was sent out the next day DHL. Originally, they told him he was going to have to pay to have it shipped but as it turned out, he didn't.

Beats me! And, how/why it wasn't "found" for almost three weeks is a mystery, particularly if it was left over and had their name printed in large letters on the bag. They tried to tell my BIL that it would take another four weeks to ship the bag home which is when he really hit the roof. It was sent out the next day DHL. Originally, they told him he was going to have to pay to have it shipped but as it turned out, he didn't.

these two situations is what's so frustrating! i'd do much better if i knew the customer service was consistently good, and i could even handle it if it was consistently bad. but not knowing from one instance to the next makes me crazy!!!

these two situations is what's so frustrating! i'd do much better if i knew the customer service was consistently good, and i could even handle it if it was consistently bad. but not knowing from one instance to the next makes me crazy!!!

This reminds me of Frank Sinatra's song

That's life

That's life, that's what all the people say.

You're riding high in April,

Shot down in May

But I know I'm gonna change that tune,

When I'm back on top, back on top in June.

I said that's life, and as funny as it may seem

Some people get their kicks,

Stompin' on a dream

But I don't let it, let it get me down,

'Cause this fine ol' world it keeps spinning around

:D

Nothing's perfect in this world and neither is Princess. :rolleyes:..;)..:p

Archived