SD II - 3/6/2009 - We're Booked As Well

MarDav

You should try to get them to lower your fare, or offer on-board credit. The other lines are presenting their soft white underbellies and I imagine SD has to be in similar straights....

SD has more than treated us well on this trip. Due to an itinerary change (went from 7 to 9 days), the fares went up but our 7 day fare was protected. Notwithstanding what the mass market lines are doing (and where I will never set foot again) , we still consider the price to be extremely reasonable (What we'd pay for a week at a Four Seasons with my never empty glass of champagne would probably run into 5 figures per person).

So I'm quite happy to be sending off the cc form authorization. :)

FT

Hello, and hope all is well with everyone. We made our final payment today and words can't describe how much we are looking forward to our 2nd SeaDream experience. Hopefully, the next 3 months will go by quickly.

Marilynn and Dave

As temerature with wind chill is currently 3 degrees below zero here, I agree - COME ON MARCH!!! We also hope that sea conditions will be as smooth in March as they were when my DH Dave and I went on our last cruise less than one month ago to the western Caribbean - perfect weather every day and barely any waves at all. He surprised me with last month's cruise as a gift for our recent 5th wedding annivesary. Even though we had a nice time, NOTHING comes close to the SeaDream experience! Wish we could be on the 12/7 sailing as well, but I don't think our bosses would be too happy about that. I guess the only "office" I will be in for now is my office here at home. Will be very interesting to read any posts that will be made from next week's voyage. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Congrats on your 5th anniversary Marilynn and Dave!

On the way home from the airport last night (DH had a week-long business trip to Sweden) we talked about what we will wear to our vow renewal with SD in March:D I suggested his tux but I think we agreed on something from Tommy Bahamas. Hard to believe ... 25 years of marriage ... most of them happy:p

The weather and seas we had last March were a fluke ... seriously. In the 30 years that I have been going to the Caribbean (cruises, bare boating, land vacations) I have NEVER seen weather and seas like we saw that cruise. I am sure that Capt. T will find a nice ride for us this cruise:D

What cruise line did you sail?

On the way home from the airport last night (DH had a week-long business trip to Sweden) we talked about what we will wear to our vow renewal with SD in March:D I suggested his tux but I think we agreed on something from Tommy Bahamas. Hard to believe ... 25 years of marriage ... most of them happy:p

The weather and seas we had last March were a fluke ... seriously. In the 30 years that I have been going to the Caribbean (cruises' date=' bare boating, land vacations) I have NEVER seen weather and seas like we saw that cruise. I am sure that Capt. T will find a nice ride for us this cruise:D

What cruise line did you sail?[/quote']

Sorry about that ... again.

It was ME posting but someone else didn't sign out of CC on that machine.:eek:

Guess I should just stick to posting from my computer instead of the family one:rolleyes:

In addition to getting away from this weather - Dave is clearing new snow from the driveway right now - we are looking forward to being there as you celebrate your 25th anniversary. We went on Norwegian Pearl out of Miami on 11/9. Ports were Roatan, Belize City, Cozumel, and Great Stirrup Cay. We had a great time, but we can tell everyone again that SeaDream is by far and away the BEST!! I'm sure you all know that.

The weather and seas we had last March were a fluke ... seriously. In the 30 years that I have been going to the Caribbean (cruises' date=' bare boating, land vacations) I have NEVER seen weather and seas like we saw that cruise. I am sure that Capt. T will find a nice ride for us this cruise:D

What cruise line did you sail?[/quote']

Mr. DJDH

Tuxes are not allowed and I will tell FT to cancel the festivities if anyone shows up in anything other than shorts Tommy Bahama shirts and flip flops!:)

You can expect your luggage to be inspect before you leave home, even if I have to do it. We have to stick together.;)

Mr. DJDH

Tuxes are not allowed and I will tell FT to cancel the festivities if anyone shows up in anything other than shorts Tommy Bahama shirts and flip flops!:)

You can expect your luggage to be inspect before you leave home, even if I have to do it. We have to stick together.;)

Heck zqvol ... DJ's DH doesn't pack his suitcase/rollerboard/travel clothes ... he leaves that to his expert packer/fashion police/love of his life:p

He has been known to get out of the house in morning in a non-approved outfit:rolleyes::D:p

Mr. DJDH

ZQVOL - I have not thoughts, aspirations, or otherwise, on wearing a tux. Quite the contrary (but that's illegal in St. John, and the passengers would be ill)...

Rest assured, that our vow renewal attire will be "appropriate."

Heck zqvol ... DJ's DH doesn't pack his suitcase/rollerboard/travel clothes ... he leaves that to his expert packer/fashion police/love of his life:p

He has been known to get out of the house in morning in a non-approved outfit:rolleyes::D:p

DJ, (who is standing over my shoulder as I am posting!)... I must say, that traveling overseas is a breeze, when you pack for me. My GarAnimals (for those of you who are old enough to know what that is) worked VERY well this week (didn't need the ties though).

SO, do we take our Disney (Mickey and Minnie) bride and groom ears for the vow renewal, or do we "rough it"???

DJ's DH

Just called in our final as well ... Had to wait for DH to land in CLT from Germany to make sure I used the right card to earn those FF miles:rolleyes:

Come on March!!!

Very glad I authorized final payment before checking the 401(k) statement. Guess retiring from the rat race has become even more of dreaming the impossible dream.

. . . . less than 90 days now . . . first time in a long time I wish the days would go by faster.

FT

DH will be sooo disapointed that tuxes are not the dress code for the vows:eek:. Just kidding! Can't wait for March to arrive. Let's please have a more calm sea!

While Christmas shopping on line just for the heck of it I Googled to see if there is a patron saint for calm seas. Didn't find one but I did find one for sailors and travelers:D

Very glad I authorized final payment before checking the 401(k) statement. Guess retiring from the rat race has become even more of dreaming the impossible dream.

. . . . less than 90 days now . . . first time in a long time I wish the days would go by faster.

FT

I don't even bother opening my statement. I just hand it to DJ's DH and tell him I don't want to know:eek:

Come to think of it ... that's what I do with most statements:p

so as to not hijack another thread .. . .I quote DisneyJen

.I love the idea that they are letting you pick the names for the PJs. I think we will get DisneyJen and DJ's DH and wear them to our vow renewal;) Actually all of our guests could wear them as well (can you tell it is martini time here ... WOO HOO!!).

just made my life easier . . . . so long as you are planning to wear them to the reception . . . no need to worry about clashing colors:D I guess you aren't making DH wear a suit or coat/tie?

FT

so as to not hijack another thread .. . .I quote DisneyJen

.I love the idea that they are letting you pick the names for the PJs. I think we will get DisneyJen and DJ's DH and wear them to our vow renewal;) Actually all of our guests could wear them as well (can you tell it is martini time here ... WOO HOO!!).

just made my life easier . . . . so long as you are planning to wear them to the reception . . . no need to worry about clashing colors:D I guess you aren't making DH wear a suit or coat/tie?

FT

It is DJ using DH's account while sitting in the USAir Club in CLT awaiting our flight to MCO..

I am thinking a change of outfits

For the reception!

Seriously I am looking for the perfect outfit for the renewal! DH is voting for bathing suits but after seeing some of those Speedos on the crossing I am leaning that way ....NOT!!!

It is DJ using DH's account while sitting in the USAir Club in CLT awaiting our flight to MCO..

I am thinking a change of outfits

For the reception!

Seriously I am looking for the perfect outfit for the renewal! DH is voting for bathing suits but after seeing some of those Speedos on the crossing I am leaning that way ....NOT!!!

I think you are on to something with the PJs. Anyone can buy some old Chico's stuff but only SeaDreamers get the PJs. Now, just what are you going to have embroidered on them?What are your "pet names" for each other anyway? Just please, no hearts or kissy lips on the PJs. Thank you.

J.

I think you are on to something with the PJs. Anyone can buy some old Chico's stuff but only SeaDreamers get the PJs. Now, just what are you going to have embroidered on them?What are your "pet names" for each other anyway? Just please, no hearts or kissy lips on the PJs. Thank you.

J.

he who is not on the cruise has no right to whine or make special requests :p so until you join us . . .

FT

You are so mean! (Donations cheerfully accepted)

the folks at the office would probably agree with your first sentence-I hear it a lot from my family too . . . .but as for donations, check the GTY rates brought to our attention by RAYSAN11 . . . Its awfully close to what we originally paid for a 7 day jaunt. Add that to knowing you will be sailing with DJ & DJ's DH and all the other guests posting in this thread. With Captain T driving and Stephane as hotel manager, couldn't ask for anything more (except calm seas).:)

FT

Archived