Mariner - did you have to PAY for mini golf, rockwall, ice skates????

crusinmama06

Someone on the Disney board has been saying that they were nickeled and dimed to death on Mariner because they had to pay for Mini Golf, Rock Climbing and Ice Skate rentals????? :eek: :eek:

This is the first I am EVER hearing this. Did any of you EVER have to pay for these things on Mariner????

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=16319155&posted=1#post16319155

Wow, what a thread! I think she is terribly misinformed; I have never heard of a charge for those items on Royal Caribbean. She seemed to have a bad experience and to have read way too much into Royal Caribbean in general from her one bad experience. About the only point she makes that I agree with are too many smoky public areas.

There are a couple added fees the soda card which was our choice to purchase. On Disney soda is free.

Ben and Jerry's was a fee if you want their ice cream, and of course Johnny Rockets if you chose to eat their.

Other than that, when I compare the two ships for cost benefits, I would definitely sail the Mariner again. We got a Grand Suite on the Mariner for the same price as a Category 7 on Disney.

So we had the conciernge lounge (Our bar drinks were free during happy hour). We don't drink much, but it was nice not to pay when we did have one.

I will definitely sail RCI again.

Later

Someone on the Disney board has been saying that they were nickeled and dimed to death on Mariner because they had to pay for Mini Golf, Rock Climbing and Ice Skate rentals????? :eek: :eek:

This is the first I am EVER hearing this. Did any of you EVER have to pay for these things on Mariner????

Michele, as you suspected, s/he is full of Nittany Lion poo. :D

I read the entire thread and it appears someone had a bad experience on Mariner, which is definitely possible, but he/she somehow seemed to "forget" :rolleyes: about some other things and somehow "remember" :rolleyes: some things that definitely weren't true about their sailing.

The most ironic part of it all, that poster will be sailing Mariner again in 2009.:D

Someone's just bad mouthing RCCL for fun because no, you aren't charged for any of those. My 3 year old adored that mini golf and we played at least 1-2 rounds a day and will again in a couple of weeks.

Michelle - I just read your posts on the other Carnival board, and I really appreciate your information. This will be our 2nd cruise and our first on RCCL. We will be sailing on the Serenade in a few short days and I am looking forward to the trip, but was a little unsure of what to expect for our 2 girls. Now I am very excited for them and I know they will have a blast.

Wish you would post a rough schedule of what to do the first day on board to get everyone set up. (Where to head to first, sign ups, etc).Sort of like a run down of events maybe...so I know what to expect. hehe. Yeah, I am a planner. Some might even call me a control freak:rolleyes:

FYI,

I was in communication three years ago with people who travelled with the subject poster on that Mariner cruise..our son had stayed in the cabin they were booked in and they wanted info. Suffice it to say that they won't travel with her again (knew each other thru a work situation.)

They said she complained the entire trip and made life miserable. So, just consider the source. I actually tried to communicate with her regarding her concerns using her experience at Disney World as a comparison...she is a big DIS board poster. Got no where...just think she had a burr up her A$$ about RCCL and it tainted everything.

It does bother me that she is disciminating wrong info that might keep someone from trying Royal Caribbean. It's one thing to comment on something that is subjective...another to outright lie.

JMHO, Deb

Wish you would post a rough schedule of what to do the first day on board to get everyone set up. (Where to head to first, sign ups, etc).Sort of like a run down of events maybe...so I know what to expect. hehe. Yeah, I am a planner. Some might even call me a control freak:rolleyes:

Yep, Grade A control freak here too. ;)

If you need the kid schedules, they are at the link in my signature. What were you looking for exactly, maybe I can help? :D

...she is a big DIS board poster.

Disboard as in DISboard???? I am there too. Wonder why I haven't run into her before? My screen name is the same on both boards. Everyone seems sane there. ;)

What's even more of a shame is when a host of the board doesn't have their facts straight.:rolleyes:

Archived