Equal/ sugar substitute on RC ships?

CruisingT

Thank you all for your posts. I may take a small bag for our room.. good idea!

When I say in excess... I really mean it. He uses 13 packets for a 22 oz coffee!! Can you say yuck!

Thanks.. leaving for the Majesty in the am.

Terri

From my experience, about a year and 1/2 ago RCI had pink, blue and yellow packets, but, they were generic and all seemed to contain the same powder. Lately they have been the real Equal, Splenda, and Sweet-n-Low. Yippee !! But, YMMV. :) Have a great trip ! You've gotten good advice from everyone here.

We use the "yellow" packets and take our own with us.

Every RCI cruise I have been on seems to have plenty of "blue" and "pink" packets. Usually the "blue" is Equil but it may not always be.

Better safe than sorry! Take what you like to use!

We just got back....they do have the yellow...however you must ask, since they are not in plain sight. Weird

I also brought my own just in case.

Thank you all for your posts. I may take a small bag for our room.. good idea!

When I say in excess... I really mean it. He uses 13 packets for a 22 oz coffee!! Can you say yuck!

Thanks.. leaving for the Majesty in the am.

Terri

yuck!!!!

We just got back....they do have the yellow...however you must ask, since they are not in plain sight. Weird

I also brought my own just in case.

On the Majesty a couple of weeks ago, Splenda was everywhere you looked. MDR, WJ, Compass Deli, JR's...............

Are you still in the U.S. not able to buy sweeteners in tab form? :confused: We have had them here in UK for years and years and yet whenever I am no the ship or anywhere in U.S. people lift my sweeteners (ie splenda) and ask where did I get them? You know, little boxes of 300 tabs??? About the size of a matchbox full of sweetners?? Seems so odd that you only have packets??

It seems strange to me to care what make the sweeteners are. I have used sweeteners for over 40 years, but have never given a moment's thought to what brand they are! If buying them for myself, I just get the cheapest. Never noticed any difference at all! I obviously don't have sensitive taste buds!

It seems strange to me to care what make the sweeteners are. I have used sweeteners for over 40 years, but have never given a moment's thought to what brand they are! If buying them for myself, I just get the cheapest. Never noticed any difference at all! I obviously don't have sensitive taste buds!

Brand doesnt bother me either but i hate sacherin based just prefer aspartame based such as splenda. But loathe those packets those would drive me nuts!

Archived