OT: Favorite Non Cruise Photograph

Well the 5th graders I deal with have a host of other issues (ADD, ADHD, and emotional issues) and some even come with parents who like to try and not give their kids their meds "just to see what would happen". This school is also in an upperclass neighborhood and many of the kids seem to have a sense of "entitlement" that is owed to them. That's not to say that there aren't some really sweet kids there...b/c most of them are. But it only takes a few to make my days sometimes seem really long.

But enough about that.

I admire you for working with special needs children. It takes a very special person to do that and to do it well.

I admire you for working with special needs children. It takes a very special person to do that and to do it well.

Thanks, Judy. The turnover rate for Spec. Ed. personnel, but lucky for me, the summer is long enough for me to rejuvenate and look forward to seeing the kids again in September. In fact...day before yesterday I took my camera in and took pictures of them all as they were putting frosting on sugar cookies (and on their faces, desks, and clothes) and making ornamnets for their parents. Good thing it was Friday and we were sending them home for the weekend :eek:

Dave, your granddaughters are beautiful, God bless them. And their parents are attractive too, so I can see why the grandkids are so cute. I think dealing with kids and taking photos is a bit rough. I remember when my girls were toddlers. I had to take a dozen pictures just to get the right one for my yearly Christmas card. :eek:

And, 2Vacrusers, I admire and kudos to you for doing what you do. I don't know if I could handle children with special needs.:)

Wow,there have been some wonderful images posted lately!

Volkoff,that top one is fantastic!

Paradis08,I'd like to see that top Banff image in a larger size.

Bob,those Paris photos are great night shots.

Pierce,great portraits as usual.

Ok I want to play too! Here are my two favorite non-cruise pictures from our vacation to Banff National Park.

MoraineLake.jpg

Moraine Lake, Banff National Park

100_0757.jpg

Post Hotel, Lake Louise Banff National Park, Canada

Michael

How wonderful, Michael, thanks, you have added these Beautiful pictures. I love them!!! Thanks for sharing and hope to see many more in the near future. Your pictures make me want to visit Banff National Park. What a calm and relaxing place.

volkoff, Wow great pictures. Thanks for adding them to this thread. And hkolln, I like the one with your daughter feeding the birds.

I think Moraine Lake is in my Top 10 most beautiful places I have ever seen. There was another lake, I think between Banff and Jasper, called Peyto Lake ?? that also was amazing. I rarely go back to places I have been to, but I will definitely make it back to the Canadian Rockies.

I think Moraine Lake is in my Top 10 most beautiful places I have ever seen. There was another lake, I think between Banff and Jasper, called Peyto Lake ?? that also was amazing. I rarely go back to places I have been to, but I will definitely make it back to the Canadian Rockies.

I agree with you that Moraine Lake is in the top places to be seen. I do so want to go back to see it again.

Yes, the lake you are referring to is Peyto Lake. Here is my favorite picture of Peyto Lake.:D

PeytoLakeValley2.jpg

Michael

Thanks for the Peyto Lake picture. When I was there, I didn't have a digital camera and my film camera didn't quite do the colour of the lake justice. Now that I have a decent camera, I have a reason to go back.:D

Thanks for the Peyto Lake picture. When I was there, I didn't have a digital camera and my film camera didn't quite do the colour of the lake justice. Now that I have a decent camera, I have a reason to go back.:D

LOL!:D This picture and all of the other pictures were taken 5 years ago on my old 3mp Kodak. I told my DH that we had to go back now because we have upgraded our camera. Now you had the same idea! I am thankful we did have a digital camera though!

Michael

A panorama from Steptoe Butte in southeast Washington State

stitched from seven images.

The finished image is 20000 x 4000 will be printed at 72"x15".

large.jpg

Dave

Could you please tell me what software (& how much patience) you used to stitch that together? It's absolutely seamless, amazing!!

This will be the first time I've posted pics here on CC so I hope it works! I just read this whole thread in one sitting & now I want to share, too. First, some from my trip to New Zealand 5 years ago, easily one of the most photogenic countries in the world. The hardest part is not uploading all of them!

1. is a pic from this amazing swimming hole out along this trail through the woods, the water was SO clear.

2. was this great beach, those are all shells, not rocks - a beachcombers dream!

3. somewhere in Abel Tasman Natl Park

4. somewhere else in the natl park

5. this was taken out of the window of the tower at a vineyard on the south island.

100_0595.jpg.e621f84afadf85612b4469c901513f1f.jpg

100_0605.jpg.50174499188511b891c86d673d9b2ad7.jpg

100_1023.jpg.2772f306376b0a06da7e7f315caf837c.jpg

100_0906.jpg.262626c8b0df5221a5c67d704b5245c4.jpg

100_1065.jpg.ddfdeac561253a930edee465c79bedc9.jpg

I think of these as my fern series, also from my trip to NZ. I have A LOT more of these but I thought I'd pick out some good examples. The tree ferns & other foliage in the forests there are beautiful. I understand why the silver fern is their national "flower" (at least I think it is... :rolleyes:)

100_0914.jpg.30230424a14e24ef1e9fffbf05fe97f6.jpg

100_0995.jpg.1472355068b215148cb097a711db9db7.jpg

100_1010.jpg.00ecc6ed0cb1a82061c9c685968f9497.jpg

I also had to post a few from my Dad's house - I'm probably biased but I think it might be one of the nicest places on earth. It could be that the company I keep when I'm there might cloud my judgment - I won't deny that I'm a total Daddy's girl! He lives on Wolfe Island, which is in an area called the Thousand Islands, it's where the St. Lawrence river joins Lake Ontario. In fact, Wolfe Island is half in the river & half in the lake. I don't know if there's actually 1,000 islands but there sure is a lot of them! All of these photos were taken from his property.

101_5153.jpg.4f845e5ced51378ac32323095285e723.jpg

101_5481.jpg.09336a6a82dd14e413f347181cb5cc35.jpg

340265391_mirrorboat.jpg.ff0d6f7efdcefcb0af2a7bb3018c715f.jpg

sunset1.jpg.3ce6d795aecb6e40bebaa5356b4da033.jpg

Archived