OT: Favorite Non Cruise Photograph

Since winter is fast approaching, :( I thought I would share this photo from a local park taken about 2 years ago in the middle of winter.

HPIM0215.jpg

It conveys a cold day out east in my mind.

As I said...favorite subjects.

A Rainbow Christie variation:

large.jpg

These blossoms can get to be 8" across!

Dave

Dave ,your flower images have been beautiful!

Fantastic aviation and flora pictures Dave and Deaf Dude. Very nice! Really nice photos by everyone.

I usually don’t get that close to another moving aircraft. Clouds are a different story. I call this one Chasing the Dog.

racingthedog.jpg

And for some flower pics. These are scans from my F-1 and K64 film days.

lilacsmall.jpg

Image5small.jpg

Larry

I "posed" them against a black felt backdrop and lit them with a very diffused flash. The photos were cleaned up a bit to remove stray specs of dirt and insect damage, but the color and contrast was largely unchanged.

Dave

I was wondering about the black background too. These pictures are so beautiful!!! Thanks Dave.:D

BTW, I simply love the flowers, forest and nature pictures. They are amazing!!!:) Two thumbs up. Everyone is doing an amazing job of sharing such breathtaking photos. I love viewing them.

This thread has become my favorite. I enjoy all of the different pictures. It also gives me ideas for future trips and photo opportunities.

Question - Does anyone recognize this bird? Photo taken in April on Whidbey Island, Washington State.

2926753480102292815S600x600Q85.jpg

Jamie

This thread has become my favorite. I enjoy all of the different pictures. It also gives me ideas for future trips and photo opportunities.

Question - Does anyone recognize this bird? Photo taken in April on Whidbey Island, Washington State.

Jamie

No I do not recognize this bird. Washington state, that is way across the country from my neck of the woods. Maybe it will make it way to N.Y. LOL ;) Jamie, Glad you like this thread, I agree so many different ideas and some really beautiful pictures. :)

From last winter here is one of a home near my daughter's college campus.

HPIM0149.jpg

2926753480102292815S600x600Q85.jpg

Jamie

This is a violet-green swallow. Beautiful bird! (source: Sibley bird book)

Here are some of my favs I have taken

baby ducklings at the ASU farm in Jonesboro, AR, An Iris in my backyard, Flowers at Epcot Center(Disney World)

All nice.

A ladybug in my yard

Now that's a picture!

Dave

Archived