Check room assignment

LSUtraveler

I am booked as a group. I call TA yesterday and got booking #'s to do Funpass (which worked by the way) then entered it into gifts like Serene said and it gave me a cabin #. It seems like thats it. We got 1 deck upgrade. Is that possible? That the cabin# for a group is correct? Everything I read says it wont work, but it seems to have.

Going with the funpass way--it will work for the group- Lots of people on our group are now placed for a February cruise. (2 weeks ago)

You still wont be able to access the modify page since you are booked with a group.

Glad to see you at least got one deck upgrade.

Donna: Could you please do me a favor while on the Miracle. could you check the dress code for Nick and Noras on a NON formal night for me?

I am getting conflicting info that jackets are to be worn at all times in Nick & Noras but on the capers I read that its only for formal nights. PLEASE?

[b][i][size=3][color=darkorchid]serene 56[/color][/size][/i][/b]

[b][i][size=3][color=#9932cc]Got a call this morning from my TA saying she was mailing our documents to us and telling us that we had been upgraded, etc. This is 30 days before our cruise date.[/color][/size][/i][/b]
[b][i][size=3][color=#9932cc][/color][/size][/i][/b]
[b][i][size=3][color=#9932cc]It was about 20 days ago that we used the modify page to check our cabins and our TA was surprised that we already knew about the cabin assignments. She didn't know it was possible to find out that info.[/color][/size][/i][/b]
[b][i][size=3][color=#9932cc]Point is that the cabin assignment which was posted some 52 days out was correct and not changed since then. So far![/color][/size][/i][/b]
[b][i][size=3][color=#9932cc]So apparently Carnivals system, if you can log onto the site using the modify page or funpass or whatever, is working and seems to hold at least to this point.[/color][/size][/i][/b]

LSUTraveler-
What ship are you sailing? We are on the Valor on January 16 and haven't been placed in a cabin, according to our daily checks of the Carnival web site. I am holding out for the documents to check the sail and sign page, but somehow feel like I am going to wait until I get to the peer to find out for sure.

That sucks Kelly- We are sailing on February 12th and the people that booked gauarantees for that week are now set also-
Did you fill out your fun pass? Coz you can check on there also.

Laura: What about you--- is that cabin showin gup on the fun pass page if you try to buy a gift?

[b][i][size=3][color=darkorchid]Kelly,[/color][/size][/i][/b]
[b][i][size=3][color=#9932cc]We're on the Conquest for Jan 16th.[/color][/size][/i][/b]
[b][i][size=3][color=#9932cc]Don't give up on trying to find out your cabin assignment. It's all part of the fun anyway.[/color][/size][/i][/b]
[b][i][size=3][color=#9932cc]Good Luck.[/color][/size][/i][/b]

[quote name='serene56']Laura: What about you--- is that cabin showin gup on the fun pass page if you try to buy a gift?[/QUOTE]
[size=3][color=magenta]Nope. Still no love for me. lol. Funpass method says GUAR in the stateroom no. spot. Book Modify still has me listed as TBA and GTEE. I'm 24 days out. [/color][/size]
[size=3][color=#ff00ff][/color][/size]
[size=3][color=#ff00ff]AND I HAVEN'T GOTTEN MY DOCS YET EITHER!!!!! LOL[/color][/size]
[size=3][color=#ff00ff][/color][/size]
[size=3][color=#ff00ff]I think they're messing with me. They're all giggling down in Florida. Jerks. :p [/color][/size]

I dunno about that- When sailing on the Legend we got our documents a month before the cruise and the gauarantees were set by then also.

I am ?? your sailing- I mean its not a holiday or anything. How is it looking? Lot of cabins available. Hopefully you have been checking prices all this time.

I've been keeping an eye on it too. It is still wide open. There are considerable number of balcony rooms, 3 Cat 11 and 2 Cat 12's still available. The odd thing is the prices keep climbing. The DW and I paid less than 2K for the both of us for the 8A guarantee. That's including port and taxes.

A friend of ours was considering going with us, but he's a solo cruiser. I was thinking he might be able to get a last minute deal, but it doesn't look that way.

Maybe it also has something to do with how booked the sailing is. If it's sold out or close to it, maybe there's very little shuffling they can do with the guarantees. Also I know that if a cruise is booked with a flight, they won't send the docs until the flights are booked. Evidently Carnival is notorious for waiting until the last minute on flights as well.

Then again knowing Carnival it's just a total random occurance like the way they assign the upgrades themselves.

[quote name='serene56']That sucks Kelly- We are sailing on February 12th and the people that booked gauarantees for that week are now set also-
Did you fill out your fun pass? Coz you can check on there also.

Laura: What about you--- is that cabin showin gup on the fun pass page if you try to buy a gift?[/QUOTE]

We sail feb. 6th and guarentees are not set yet. :( I'm checking everyday. Ship is still pretty open also.

The manual "gift" method is the only method that works for me so far. I actually discovered our cabin 57 days out this way. The Book/Modify and FunPass methods still both list it as a guarantee. I periodically check and it hasn't moved. It's an upgrade from a standard balcony to extended balcony if it holds. (8A to 8I). We're on the Panorama deck just below the Lido deck. The cabin is 8225 which underneath Horatio's Restaurant. We're not really concerned about the noise because we both sleep pretty well. I'm sure it would be nothing like a cabin under the pool area of the Lido deck.

All of this is just icing anyway...we would have been perfectly happy with the 8A.

[quote name='ccletzgo']We sail feb. 6th and guarentees are not set yet. :( I'm checking everyday. Ship is still pretty open also.[/QUOTE]

I know that "usually" carnival will set cabins 6 weeks out. I think its gonna be another week or two before its set. Look after the holidays.

[quote name='serene56']no docs??? YEOWCH-- is that normal??[/QUOTE]
[color=magenta]I don't know. I [i]thought[/i] we got our docs before now on our last cruise, but, it was a long time ago...so maybe I don't remember. I'm just excited and I WANT them! :) I booked my room on the last one though, so maybe neverenufcrusing is right and they send guar.'s last? [/color]

[quote name='lrizit'][color=magenta]I don't know. I [i]thought[/i] we got our docs before now on our last cruise, but, it was a long time ago...so maybe I don't remember. I'm just excited and I WANT them! :) I booked my room on the last one though, so maybe neverenufcrusing is right and they send guar.'s last? [/color][/QUOTE]
Is Carnival booking your airfare?

[quote name='serene56']I know that "usually" carnival will set cabins 6 weeks out. I think its gonna be another week or two before its set. Look after the holidays.[/QUOTE]
OK....we are 27 days away from our fun!! But trying both methods to find our room(Guarantee) is still coming up with nothing!! I know that the only cabins being shown as available are Inside cabins and we booked outside guarantees. But no documents yet..........maybe we are sleeping in the life boats!!

[quote name='lrizit'][color=magenta]No, we booked our own airfare. We're flying down 2 days before. I've never flown before, so my husband wants to make sure I'm good and settled down before the cruise. :) [/color][/QUOTE]
That's good. I've already read several stories about people not having their docs about 2 weeks out and the reason is that Carnival still hasn't booked their flights. Some of these have been for holiday sailings and one I read about was someone coming from Canada.:confused: Who waits until 2 weeks out to book flights during the holidays???

I sail Sunday. My TA has been trying to get my cabin assignment for weeks. She called again today and was told that my cabin is still not assigned and won't be until late Saturday evening or early Sunday morning. When checking book/modify or by way of Fun Pass, I am still coming up as a GUAR.

[color=magenta]Linda: I feel your pain! I'm 24 days out, no docs, no assignment. I think they're messing with my head too![/color]

[color=magenta][/color]
[color=magenta]I don't know if it's who you book with or not. I booked this cruise and my Victory sailing last October with the same agency, and I can't remember getting them this late last time. But, it was over a year ago, and I am a little senile. [/color]

[quote name='ccletzgo']We sail feb. 6th and guarentees are not set yet. :( I'm checking everyday. Ship is still pretty open also.[/QUOTE]

I take it back. Kids, inside guarentee, has a number. Pretty nice, right across from me. others in group paid $200 ea. more for those cabins.

:D

Archived