Live from the Monarch - Panama Canal repositioning

rubrrick

Hi,

Do you know if your current cruise director will stay with the Monarch when she sails out of Port Canaveral or will there be a new crew. If so, who is your current cruise director?

The current Cruise Director is the magnificent Johnny O who leaves on vacation when the Monarch gets to Miami. We were on the last LA weekend cruise and he told us that he is going to be reassigned when he returns after vacation. Those of us who live in California hope he will be the C.D. on the Mariner when she arrives in Los Angeles in February.

The current Cruise Director is the magnificent Johnny O who leaves on vacation when the Monarch gets to Miami. We were on the last LA weekend cruise and he told us that he is going to be reassigned when he returns after vacation. Those of us who live in California hope he will be the C.D. on the Mariner when she arrives in Los Angeles in February.

If he leaves the E.W.I. on Monarch I could go with that.:)

Not "all" of us who live in California want to see him as the CD on the Mariner.

I've sailed with the "old" and the "new" version, and frankly I am not impressed. This is just MY opinion sorry!

Thank you to all who captured photos and posted them for all to enjoy. I miss the Monarch, and have fond memories of the times we enjoyed on board with her and the crew. We were on board for one of the last west coast trips, and said good bye to many of our favorite crew members.

Thanks for all the photos to enjoy the Panama Canal...

Not "all" of us who live in California want to see him as the CD on the Mariner.

I've sailed with the "old" and the "new" version, and frankly I am not impressed. This is just MY opinion sorry!

Completely agree with you Juli. I'll be nice and just say the east coast can keep him!! Letty

she is sold, Capt Rune told us on Sovereign last month that Majesty goes next then Monarch in 2010/2011. One of them was going to the TUI company instead of Pullmantur

So they switched? We had been told Monarch in 2009 and Majesty in 2010. We are booked through 4/12/10 on the Majesty.... so maybe neither will leave in 09:)

Of course, anything can change.. and dependent on the economy... probably will.

I want to thank Rick for all those wonderful updates on the Monarch as she left the west coast, went through the Panama Canal, and made her way through the Caribbean to Miami. Thanks also to all of you who shared those wonderful pictures. Later. Robin :cool:

2008Nov2Daybreak-1.jpg?t=1225637006

This is a shot of Miami Beach and the Port of Miami at Daybreak today....

too dark to see but Monarch is in Port

2008Nov2RainClouds.jpg?t=1225636877

Rain coming in over South Beach... shows ships in port... Freedom is to far left facing the Monarch

2008Nov2MonarchandFreedom-PortofMia.jpg?t=1225636956

2008 Nov 2 the Monarch and Freedom in the Port of Miami

Thanks for the cool pictures from Miami. West Coast People: Look at that...there are FIVE ships there today. We will not have a ship in San Pedro tomorrow. :mad:

Rick and Bobbie, thanks for the daily updates as you took our ship on her long journey. I think we've all pretended at one point or another to be with you!

Thank you so much for posting those pics they are beautiful. Got off Freedom last month and boarding Monarch this month. Wow the size difference lol. Never been on Monarch before and taking my mom and sister who have never cruised before, I am so excited, especially after following the repositioning.

Thank you Rick for all your wonderful posts. :)

Archived