Live from the Monarch - Panama Canal repositioning

rubrrick

[quote name='hmsdos']Thanks for all the nice comments. Glad you enjoyed the pictures. We have had a light rain most of the day... so didn't get any "sunny" ones.:)[/quote]

pics are great. ESPECIALLY the bow to bow. WOW what a size difference. have not gone on freedom class and have seen her, but side by side with a dock in between in cozumel and san juan--YOUR picture tells a great story of size difference!!! I'm going to print it and take it with me on our cruise in a week so the crew can see the difference!!!

WOW, thanks for the pictures. Just looking at them and remembering my 3rd cruise which was on the Monarch its inaugural year (1992) and just how unbelievably huge it was. Just looking at that picture is amazing how small it actually is compared to what the "norm" pretty much is now-a-days.

Happy Cruising!

[quote name='tinkerme1']Jean, that's a real kick in the A*S don't you think? It's a sad day for us, but I know that Port Canaveral will treat her well. Of course, if they don't, we want her back!

Thanks for all the pictures! They were beautiful![/quote]

[quote name='critterchick']Ain't that a kick in the pants!

Thanks for posting those photos of our gal. I guess she's already in Nassau by now getting her face lift.[/quote]

we in Texas/Oklahoma/Louisiana know exactly how you feel --we only have a ship FOUR months of the year going out of Galveston:( :mad:

[quote name='cruzr4vr']Hi Dennis - Glad to see you posting. Hope we get to cruise again sometime soon. Letty[/quote]

Hi Letty - miss you guys! Like Dennis said, we checked the around the horn cruise out - could not get flights with my advantage miles and the cost is alot more than Independence. Believe me, we thought about changing to at least go on that part of the cruise with all of you! Hopefully someday soon we can.

Hope all is well...I am home for awhile...no traveling until after first of year and so glad!

Rick, thanks once again for the great reports from the Monarch. Wish we could have been with you and Bobbie. The pictures everyone has posted are great.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! Take care, Mary

[quote name='cruzr4vr']Completely agree with you Juli. I'll be nice and just say the east coast can keep him!! Letty[/quote]

Sorry, I'll have to disagree. He's a great CD, and if we were to get him on Mariner we would likely get some of his current CD staff people (a fantastic group) as well.

[quote name='hmsdos']Thanks for all the nice comments. Glad you enjoyed the pictures. We have had a light rain most of the day... so didn't get any "sunny" ones.:)[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=purple]Yes, thank you so much for posting the picture of my 2 favorite ships!! Rich and I were also on this cruise and would not trade any one of the 16 days on the Monarch. It was the cruise of a life-time for us. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='SacGeorges'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=purple]Yes, thank you so much for posting the picture of my 2 favorite ships!! Rich and I were also on this cruise and would not trade any one of the 16 days on the Monarch. It was the cruise of a life-time for us. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]
Hi Carol and Rich
Glad to hear you had a great cruise,,, Are you home or in your FL. condo ??

I wanted to post this morning, but CC was down for maintenance.

Bobbie and I are home, and have some wonderful stories to tell, and when I gather everything together, I will write more.

The posts on the Monarch were very short and quick and even then, with out Diamond coupons for the freebie internet.......and just writing short blurbs.......and getting the good discount (what discount) it was about $150.00 to keep everyone informed. Well worth it to me, as I know that so many of you were right there with us.

Bobbie and I finished our last night with the Drifters visiting our cabin for a short party.........and finished with them inviting us to come onstage for the last song of the last show!! What a great way to end such a great voyage.

I'll be back with regular posts when we finish unpacking and checking our mail!

Thanks everyone for sharing pictures of the sailaway (Jean and Don) from LA, and the pictures of the webcam in the Panama Canal.

Jean........I have not had a chance to look at what you have put together for the different cams at the canal......looking forward to seeing what we did.:)

Amazing that we had over 15,000 hits!! Almost as many as the $14.95 steak in the main dining room!!:D:D

Rick

WELCOME HOME RICK and BOBBIE!

It has been SO wonderful reading all the posts from the Monarch.
Thank you so very much for doing that for all of us!

Living through your posts is the next best thing to being there!

Now get some rest. I'm sure you have partied much too much on your B2B2B! lol

Julie

[quote name='HERnME2']Hi Carol and Rich
Glad to hear you had a great cruise,,, Are you home or in your FL. condo ??[/quote]

We are home, Lar. It was a wonderful cruise, but so nice to sleep in our own bed last night. We are all unpacked, 2 loads of laundry done. Chris painted our hallway while we were gone and dug up the concrete border that lined our front garden.

Thanks [B]hmsdos[/B] for the pics of Monarch and Freedom in Miami - what a contrast between the two.

Rick, welcome home and thanks again for all of the reports. Sounds like your last few days were full of excitement:D:eek:

Happy cruising to all who will be sailing the Monarch soon!

[quote name='rubrrick']
Bobbie and I finished our last night with the Drifters visiting our cabin for a short party.........and finished with them inviting us to come onstage for the last song of the last show!! What a great way to end such a great voyage.
[/quote]

You can sing????:eek::D

Welcome home, and thanks for the virtual cruise experience! See you soon - on Mariner, perhaps!;)

[quote name='SacGeorges']We are home, Lar. It was a wonderful cruise, but so nice to sleep in our own bed last night. We are all unpacked, 2 loads of laundry done. Chris painted our hallway while we were gone and dug up the concrete border that lined our front garden.[/quote]

Carol..........have a wonderful shot of Rich and you in our cabin, leaving Colombia. Also........thanks Carol for making the slot pull so exciting!!

Jean..........who needs to sing!:D;)

Rick

Archived