Live from the Monarch - Panama Canal repositioning

rubrrick

Welcome everyone.........as we are about ready to set sail from the port of Los Angeles headed for Miami!

Lots of wonderful CC friends have been aboard for the past week, saying goodbye to an old friend.

I'm staying aboard with my DW........and will be writing as we work our way south........and thru the Panama Canal......to our final destination......Miami.

Jump in and join me.......as we can do this virtually!!:) :)

Rick

Hi Rick,

It was very nice meeting you and Bobbie on the 10/13 sailing...as well as all the other cc members.

I got off this morning at LAST CALL around 9:30am. It was sad to be getting off for the last time. Thank you for giving us your LIVE reports from the Monarch...it's the next best thing to being there!

Enjoy your cruise!

Julie

Hope you have a nice trip. It will be interesting to see what kind of entertainment they provide you with. We also wouldn't mind 16 days of 'Focus', as we love that band.

We both watched as you sailed out tonight...and both started crying.

Thanks for the work you did for our 10/10 cruise.

Dave and Debbie

I'll be interested to follow your posts. We will be on her again Nov 10 & I did not realize that this was the first sailing from FLA--didn't realize she was going into dry dock. We got a VERY VERY good deal on an OS--cheaper than a JS--it was a special that I was looking for a cruise at the right time, obviously!!! Hoping that some of the same crew will still be on her--we've been on her for 2 cruises, 1 being our first B2B & have fond memories. All of us that LOVE the Rhapsody & lost her out of Glaveston can certainly feel y'all's pain with losing the Monarch on the west coast--it is not a good feeling , is it?

who is the CD?

Thanks Rick. have a great time!!!

I'll be interested to follow your posts. We will be on her again Nov 10 & I did not realize that this was the first sailing from FLA--didn't realize she was going into dry dock. We got a VERY VERY good deal on an OS--cheaper than a JS--it was a special that I was looking for a cruise at the right time, obviously!!! Hoping that some of the same crew will still be on her--we've been on her for 2 cruises, 1 being our first B2B & have fond memories. All of us that LOVE the Rhapsody & lost her out of Glaveston can certainly feel y'all's pain with losing the Monarch on the west coast--it is not a good feeling , is it?

who is the CD?

Thanks Rick. have a great time!!!

Second this post. We took the Rhapsody when she was moved from Galveston through the Panama Canal last September. It was an awesome cruise. You might not know that there is a web cam at the Miraflores Lock (maybe the Gatun Lock as well) We were sailing with madforcruising (Gunnar) and he had a friend in Germany take pictures of the Rhapsody going through the Lock. It is a fantastic sight. You can see the ship at different levels.

We miss the Rhapsody in Galveston so know how you feel, about losing Monarch. The morning we arrived in San Diego from the PC the Monarch was just coming in as well. Have a wonderful cruise Rick, and thanks for sharing with us.

I get misty just thinking about it. I am SO going to miss the Monarch. Please keep us posted. Since the cruise is no longer on the site, will you please tell us what day you sail through the canal? I want to check the cams so I can see her going through the locks. Thanks.

Archived