Live from the Monarch - Panama Canal repositioning

rubrrick

A question -

Since the ship is going from LA to Florida, doesn't it have to stop at one Distant foreign port to comply with the PVSA act? Usually that is Aruba or Curacao (off the coast of South America), since the Caribbean Islands and Mexico are not distant foreign ports?

A question -

Since the ship is going from LA to Florida, doesn't it have to stop at one Distant foreign port to comply with the PVSA act? Usually that is Aruba or Curacao (off the coast of South America), since the Caribbean Islands and Mexico are not distant foreign ports?

They stopped in Guatemala and Columbia.

A question -

It doesn't have to be "distant" as the Alaskan cruises stop at Ruppert or Victoria before returning to Seattle.

Monarch stopped at some of the Mexican Riviera ports, those are "distant" from Port Canaveral! In the winter Grandeur and Navigator's 4 day cruises only go to Cozumel or Costa Maya as a foreign port before returning to the US.

Hope the lightning strike and hitting the canal are not an omen. Hitting a reef could be a bad thing.;)

Lets not forget there heading for the "Bermuda Triangle" :D Spooky

Happy Halloween Everybody!!!

halloween-gifs8.gif

Rick,,, So glad you and Bobbie are safe.... What Next!!!

The Trip to Remember......:(

Please give our best to sacgeorge ( Rick & Carol )

It doesn't have to be "distant" as the Alaskan cruises stop at Ruppert or Victoria before returning to Seattle.

Monarch stopped at some of the Mexican Riviera ports, those are "distant" from Port Canaveral! In the winter Grandeur and Navigator's 4 day cruises only go to Cozumel or Costa Maya as a foreign port before returning to the US.

Round trip cruises don't have to stop anywhere "distant," which is why Rupert & Victoria work for the Seattle cruises. One way cruises have to stop someplace "distant" from the US, not one of the ports.

Nothing in Mexico qualifies as "distant," and I'm not sure about Central America. South America (Cartagena) does, though.

We only sailed on the Monarch one time :( but we loved her so much. We were suppose to go on her last month, but family issues stopped us of being able to. I am so sad to see her go.

Thanks so much for starting this thread so we could all share in experience of her relocation.

Plausible deniability. It's all about plausible deniability. ;) :p :eek: :D

At least as long as there is no photographic evidence of things like Quest and "From Here to Eternity." Oh wait, there is evidence for at least one of those events!!

[i am mainly just using this as a good excuse to write you and say congratualtions on the Phillies -- Mary was supposed to give me your email address but hasn't yet]

Dennis

Good evening and Happy Halloween all!!

Bobbie and I are fine!! Our cabin has no heat!! And the flourscent lights are at about half on!! And when they are off.......they flash!!:rolleyes:

We are somewhere between Cuba and Haiti!! We will be turning Northwest as we round the corner of Cuba and be on our final leg for Miami.

There is another electrical storm outside........not nearly as bad as a few nights ago.

Some great costumes are being worn by those that had the foresight to bring something great for Halloween!!:D

I'll write a short note tomorrow. Thanks for following this thread!!

Daryl just walked by......in his sleazy.......or was that snoopy..grumpy.....oh well.........he is one of the 7 dwarfs.

He misses you Lorna!!

Rick

At least as long as there is no photographic evidence of things like Quest and "From Here to Eternity." Oh wait, there is evidence for at least one of those events!!

[i am mainly just using this as a good excuse to write you and say congratualtions on the Phillies -- Mary was supposed to give me your email address but hasn't yet]

Dennis

Hi, Dennis. Just use my Cruise Critic name, on aol dot com. No space or underscore.

Good evening and Happy Halloween all!!

Bobbie and I are fine!! Our cabin has no heat!! And the flourscent lights are at about half on!! And when they are off.......they flash!!:rolleyes:

We are somewhere between Cuba and Haiti!! We will be turning Northwest as we round the corner of Cuba and be on our final leg for Miami.

There is another electrical storm outside........not nearly as bad as a few nights ago.

Some great costumes are being worn by those that had the foresight to bring something great for Halloween!!:D

I'll write a short note tomorrow. Thanks for following this thread!!

Daryl just walked by......in his sleazy.......or was that snoopy..grumpy.....oh well.........he is one of the 7 dwarfs.

He misses you Lorna!!

Rick

Rick, you have been telling us how hot and humid and miserable it is.

Do you need the heat on now? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Rick... thanks for the update. I hope you have pictures of grumpy Darryl. :) You'll have to tell him that Celia's sidekick from the 10/6 sailing says hello as well!

If the Monarch is having problems, then don't you think it is her way of telling RCI that she didn't want to leave us? Solution.... just bring her back home and all will be well. :D

Good afternoon......on day 16 of this fantastic voyage thru the Panama Canal.

We have weather in the 80's and a bit of wind and cloudy, as we continue our way up the coast of Cuba toward Miami.

Bobbie and I will be having a few people in to say goodbye.......they have become like family to us on this trip.

Our next post will be from my comupter once we are back home and settled. I can't believe that we are just about to post #500 for this trip.

See you on land!!:)

Rick

Archived