Live from the Monarch - Panama Canal repositioning

rubrrick

I hope you all in Florida and the east coast enjoy her as much as everyone out west did. Please take good care of her!

We will take good care of her, but remember, the west coast is getting one of the most beautiful ships in the RCCL fleet, Mariner of the Seas. We lover her over here in FLA, so please care for her and love her the way we do. You are getting a truly beautiful ship. Goodbye Mariner.:( Thanks for the wonderful memories.

Rusty

Patti, come sail with us! I have my eye on that 9-nighter. So far it's not open for booking, but tomorrow is another day...

Now that Radiance will be on the West Coast the end of 2009 and the beginning of 2010................that is a possibility that I would consider. I'd do anything to see "our" honey!!:D

We will take good care of her, but remember, the west coast is getting one of the most beautiful ships in the RCCL fleet, Mariner of the Seas. We lover her over here in FLA, so please care for her and love her the way we do. You are getting a truly beautiful ship. Goodbye Mariner.:( Thanks for the wonderful memories.

Rusty

You got it Rusty - although we don't have anything booked yet, we are planning something either fall '09 or spring '10. Sounds like she has a lot of fans just like Monarch.

Silly as yesterday might of been .... It was fun and a great escape from the world of cable news ... (if you know what I mean) ... Thanks Rick and all that post for the day..... I needed that..:D:):D

Ditto! That was fun and I too enjoyed the occassional escape from reality.

Maybe Rick and gang got some good pictures of us watching them through the webcams;)

Good morning everyone!! Morning NOOTS!!

We made it thru....and off to Cristobal pier.........and a downpour. Why anyone would want to get off is beyond me, but half the ship was lined up to depart. We were supposed to be at the pier by 6PM.....but as many of you know......there are delays in the locks, and so we did not show up till after 8PM.

Last night the thunder and lightning continued thru the night till after 8AM this morning. We are now in overcast skies and waves that seem to be hitting themselves.

Tomorrow is Columbia..........and the last stop before we reach Miami. It's good to be in the Caribbean Sea.

Doris was with us on our balcony last evening.......and says "Hi" to everyone.

I wish that you all could be with Bobbie and I as we have experienced this wonderful trip.

Will write again as we leave South America for the good 'ol USA!!:)

Rick

Hi, Rick!

I second the thanks to everybody for taking my mind off reality for a day. Although a tearjerker for many of us, it was a great way to spend the day!

Now that Radiance will be on the West Coast the end of 2009 and the beginning of 2010................that is a possibility that I would consider. I'd do anything to see "our" honey!!:D

OK, I'll share...;)

You got it Rusty - although we don't have anything booked yet, we are planning something either fall '09 or spring '10. Sounds like she has a lot of fans just like Monarch.

Mike,

We just finished our last cruise on the Mariner on Oct. 19. We sure will miss her. This cruise, we had cabin 9390, a corner aft cabin. The balcony isn't the largest, but it was a partial wraparound so the view was tremendous. Great sitting out there at night with a full moon, and a glass of wine. Let me know when you book, and I'll pass along a few suggestions and recommendations. Take good care of her. She is a beautiful Lady.

Rusty

I wish that you all could be with Bobbie and I as we have experienced this wonderful trip.

Will write again as we leave South America for the good 'ol USA!!:)

Rick

Kenny and I wish we could be there with you too! Give our love to Bobbie, and we hope you continue to have a wonderful trip!

Elisa

Silly as yesterday might of been .... It was fun and a great escape from the world of cable news ... (if you know what I mean) ... Thanks Rick and all that post for the day..... I needed that..:D:):D

I don't think it was silly, I enjoyed it AND AMEN to the great escape from the NEWS & yes I know exactly what you mean!!!

hey, now keep me posted, that might be one we can do??!!!:D

I wasn't able to watch the canal transit live so it has been really great to read about the event as it happened!

It was so exciting to read the progress reports: "Is that her? I think I see her. I see her. There she is! Will we be able to see her?" It was very suspenseful! And then, BAM, photos! Fantastic!

Thanks to everyone who posted the blow-by-blow responses and for the terrific photos. :) :) Very cool.

Nancy

For those of you that wanted to know.........the pilot hit the canal side three times.

I have no idea of who was at the helm.

SacGeorges wants everyone to know that "We are alive and well & having a fabulous cruise. Lately lots of thunder and lightinging at night.

Will post next week!!

OK.......here is the rest from me.

Our cabin was in a major smoke fire last evening. I won't go into what happened execpt to say that the ship was hit by lightning.........and we got a good bit of it. When we would turn off the living room lights.....the lights would give us a wonderful dancing evening light........well......some of us can remember from our days of the Viet Nam war.

We are OK!! And the cabin has been cleared!

We have a few dollars left for the internet. I'll use them wisely, and then write again when we are home.

Till tomorrow!!

Rick

Yikes! I'm glad you and Bobbi are ok! Perhaps that's Mother Nature's way of telling RCI to turn the ship around and come back to us!

Go see Leila, by the way. She has an email for you that I couldn't get to you because your mailbox was full. I'm glad you're not wasting Internet minutes reading emal!:D

For those of you that wanted to know.........the pilot hit the canal side three times.

I have no idea of who was at the helm.

SacGeorges wants everyone to know that "We are alive and well & having a fabulous cruise. Lately lots of thunder and lightinging at night.

Will post next week!!

OK.......here is the rest from me.

Our cabin was in a major smoke fire last evening. I won't go into what happened execpt to say that the ship was hit by lightning.........and we got a good bit of it. When we would turn off the living room lights.....the lights would give us a wonderful dancing evening light........well......some of us can remember from our days of the Viet Nam war.

We are OK!! And the cabin has been cleared!

We have a few dollars left for the internet. I'll use them wisely, and then write again when we are home.

Till tomorrow!!

Rick

WOW, what excitement. I hope nothing happened to the OS next door as we will be in that in less than 2 weeks:D

I will be going on my first cruise on the Monarch in Feb 09! CAN"T WAIT!!! The pictures of the boat look amazing! I can't get over how many of you know each other.

Thanks for the pics, posts and info on the ship. We will take care of her in FL!!

I think the Monarch was not meant to leave the West coast!!!

So glad that you are okay Rick and Bobbie.

Were you in your room when it happened? Cannot wait to hear all the stories.

Carol and Rich, glad your safe! I hope everyone is taking lots of pictures.

Larry is beat tonight, he will write in the morning.

Now I really wish I had gone with Bobbie, look at all the excitement I missed:mad: We have been busy today picking out bathroom tile and picked out a bedroom set to.:)

No wonder Larry is tired........ Stay healthy and safe everyone. Cherie

Archived