Live from the Monarch - Panama Canal repositioning

rubrrick

Evening everyone!!

Because of the cost of the Internet on the Monarch.........I have not had a chance to read all of your posts on this thread.

Thanks so much to each and everyone of you that participated in the movement of the Monarch from the West Coast to the East Coast......ie, Florida.

Tonight, the Monarch sits high above the water.......in dry dock. Yesterday..........there were glitches that no power was available to run anything.......and that has been restored as of about 6 hours ago.

There are so many that had such a great attachment to the Monarch when it was in Los Angeles...and I feel that is an era that, like great liners moving between France and New York, or England and New York.........that the 3 night/4night fun RCCL cruise..........has finally come to an end.

I salute each and every one of you that have enjoyed the Monarch, while she was on the West Coast.

It is unforgettable.........from the smooth seas.....to the thunderstorm that hit the ship.....to the "phantom pilot" that took us thru the Panama Canal.

I would start naming names of everyone of our friends that helped with this thread.......but......that would be too many pages.........so......you all know who you are.......and a "great big THANK YOU" for being there for us.

Till we can do another "unique" cruise!!;):D:)

Rick

Thanks for all the great posts and photos from everyone. And thanks for taking us along with your descriptions of your cruise, Rick.:) Can you tell us more about the lightning strike? Was there an actual fire because of it? Or just lots of flashing? :D

[quote name='pbhunt']Thanks for all the great posts and photos from everyone. And thanks for taking us along with your descriptions of your cruise, Rick.:) Can you tell us more about the lightning strike? Was there an actual fire because of it? Or just lots of flashing? :D[/quote]

We just had a great deal of smoke and smell in our cabin.......which....as far as any officer can tell.........was the closest to the strike. There are lighting rods that were above us..........and one was hit.

The Chief Res Engineer came to our cabin the day before we finished our cruise............and spent some time evaluating the problem.......which, we think he was able to fix.

If anyone has the RS in the near future......I truly feel that they will not have any problems. The Chief is totally aware of all of the problems that we encountered..........and right now..........probably the whole ceiling is torn off..........and the problem is being resolved.

All that I can say about the officers and staff onboard............they are the best that we have encountered...........and any and all problems should be resolved before they are back in the water.

How should I know............they have been kind enough to keep me informed while in drydock!:)

Rick

[quote name='rubrrick'][COLOR=red]We just had a great deal of smoke and smell in our cabin.......which....as far as any officer can tell.........was the closest to the strike.[/COLOR] There are lighting rods that were above us..........and one was hit.

The Chief Res Engineer came to our cabin the day before we finished our cruise............and spent some time evaluating the problem.......which, we think he was able to fix.

If anyone has the RS in the near future......I truly feel that they will not have any problems. The Chief is totally aware of all of the problems that we encountered..........and right now..........probably the whole ceiling is torn off..........and the problem is being resolved.

All that I can say about the officers and staff onboard............they are the best that we have encountered...........and any and all problems should be resolved before they are back in the water.

How should I know............they have been kind enough to keep me informed while in drydock!:)

Rick[/quote]

Uh oh, Rick!!! :eek: Had you been to the Naughty Room???? :p;):D

[quote name='ladylawyer']Uh oh, Rick!!! :eek: Had you been to the Naughty Room???? :p:D[/quote]

Uh.....Lorna....what does the naughty room have to to do.......ah....there were NO explosions in our cabin.........if that's what you mean!!:eek::D

Bobbie misses you.........we have to cruise again together......sooooon!!:)

Rick

Glad your lightning experience was not as bad as some folks next to our ranch. One strike took out the entire house...everyone survived alive, but everything they owned in the house fits in a small travel trailer now.

Enjoyed reading your and a few others' accounts of the trip. Wish I was on it...

WOW, thanks for the pictures. Just looking at them and remembering my 3rd cruise which was on the Monarch its inaugural year (1992) and just how unbelievably huge it was. Just looking at that picture is amazing how small it actually is compared to what the "norm" pretty much is now-a-days.

Happy Cruising!

We've come a long way baby! We're on the Monarch in Jan and the Freedom in July. Thanks for the pix. WOW! what a difference!

Archived