Live from the Monarch - Panama Canal repositioning

rubrrick

She entered the Caribbean...

It is time to say:

Welcome back home...

:)

how long was she out of SP? guess I'm lucky in that we are in between & I will have gone on her form both coasts--guess that makes me bi-coastal;)

Oh wait ... I think she's backing up!!! :D ;)

good one Lorna

hey those of us that cruise from Galveston know exactly how you feel since they took our Rhapsody away. Voyager just isn't the same

how long was she out of SP? guess I'm lucky in that we are in between & I will have gone on her form both coasts--guess that makes me bi-coastal;)

We had her for five great years. Have a good time with here!

Now she's just all blurry (and my eyes are dry for the moment), so I guess that's it. Does Miami have a port cam? Maybe I can stay up all night to see a photo of her coming in there.:eek:

I'm looking forward to checking her out over on our coast... taking her first 3nighter on the 14th.

We'll take care of her for you!

I'll wave as we are getting off of her & you are getting on. when we booked, I did not realize that this was her first cruise after the repositioning.

I found a neat web-site about the PC. it lists cruise ships and when they are going through

http://seacruisechat.com/

I really am sorry for your loss west coasters--you really will go through grieving process. but then when you go to FLorida and sail on her--it will be incredible!!!! really, that's what happened to us after losing the Rhapsody, then we went on her in August in Alaska and WOW, there were even some of the same crew, even tho she went to Asia & it was incredible when they recognized us and we recognized them!!!!

gotta get something done

Darn, or other such language that can't be posted here, the boss came in and I missed the last several views of her moving into the open water.

Well, that was my first "crossing" of the PC. Hopefully, I will get to do it for real someday. Thank goodness for the internet and modern technology. It allowed all of us, especially those of you who were true Monarch affeciondos, to get another look at her that wasn't available a few short years ago.

That's our Oliver...;)

Here's a link to the Webshots album I put together with all the pictures I could cobble together. Thanks to Don, Oliver and Celia for providing much of the content!

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/568336597bhudon

I'm going to go drink for real now...:(

great job & so quick--you are a wonder at webshots. thanks

Good afternoon everyone!!

Great pictures of us going thru the locks!! Someone caught the party on our balcony!!

We are just getting into Gatun Lake, and it's coming up on 3PM Canal time. We should be in line for the Gatun locks sometime around 5 PM....maybe later.

The weather is hot, with a bit of clouds and a gentle breeze. Now we are starting to cloud over as we get into Gatun Lake.

There are so many crew onboard that want to say "Hi" to all of their favorite 3/4 night passengers. They are sad to be leaving the west coast.....and hope that many of us will fly to the east coast to once again be on the Monarch.

I have some wonderful pictures.......plus we will purchase the DVD of the trip.

I wish that I could mention everyones name that is being missed by the crew. For one thing........it's everyone that has been posting for this trip!!

We are now getting into the main part of the lake. I'm headed back up to get ready for the next function in our cabin!!:D :D It's called the Gatun Locks party!! Look for us!!:)

Rick

Rick - so glad you and Bobbie got to experience this! We enjoyed the pictures and web cams so much. Actually this morning I was in doctor office and the doc comes in and there sits my computer in the corner with pictures of the web came showing the Monarch - I know he thought I was nuts......:D Thanks for the great updates - we missed being on there with you all. Enjoy the rest of the trip! Mary (and Dennis) Tell Doris hi!!

Rick and Bobbi,

You know the shots from the Cam almost made me miss my tennis game this morning. Who can ever say they would miss a tennis game due to a ship going through the canal? LOL!

Please give a hug and squeeze to everyone with you. Tell them all we are living through them and we are so glad you gave us the updates to let us know that this day was going to be very special. ;) :D

Let Doris know I miss her. Hope you're taking good care of her!

Archived