WHO'S ON BOARD: Officers, Staff and Crew

C 2 C

If I'm understanding correctly there is a chart of who's onboard but I can't seem to find it.

We are sailing on the Solstice in a bit over a week and wondered who the captain is. I'm hoping it's Captain Dimitros Kafetzie as he has such a great sense of humor.

Thanks-

He is in Silohouette so very unlikely.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I'm understanding correctly there is a chart of who's onboard but I can't seem to find it.

We are sailing on the Solstice in a bit over a week and wondered who the captain is. I'm hoping it's Captain Dimitros Kafetzie as he has such a great sense of humor.

Thanks-

Unfortunately as mentioned he's currently on the silhouette which I believe he joined earlier in the year, I also believe captains are generally on 2 year contracts so I believe he will be on there for the foreseeable future...

We are on the silhouette in March 2017 but working out the 3 month on/off system it looks like we will just miss him on our cruise...

Hopefully things slightly change and he is onboard with us as like you said he has a great sense of humour and the best captain we have come across in our short cruising life... He was in fact our first captain and so far no one else has come close... [emoji4]

Equinox October 27-November 9, 2015 TA

Captain: Michael Karatzas

HD: Christophe Belaubre

Chief Engineer: Ioannis Tseronis

CD: Alejandro Tortorelli

Staff Captain: Teocharis Charalampos

F&B: Vlado Momiroski

GR Manager: Monica Gomez

Executive Chef: Josh Becker

CC Hostess: Rossy Anguelova

house band: The Airband

DJ Flow & the Emulator

DJ Gio

MC Concierge: Bartosz. He was from Poland.

Many of the staff were going on vacation as we arrived in FLL and many more were scheduled to leave in the following weeks.

Linda

Unfortunately as mentioned he's currently on the silhouette which I believe he joined earlier in the year, I also believe captains are generally on 2 year contracts so I believe he will be on there for the foreseeable future...

We are on the silhouette in March 2017 but working out the 3 month on/off system it looks like we will just miss him on our cruise...

Hopefully things slightly change and he is onboard with us as like you said he has a great sense of humour and the best captain we have come across in our short cruising life... He was in fact our first captain and so far no one else has come close... [emoji4]

He was our first captain too, and no one came close since then until we were on the Constellation with his younger brother Captain Tasos. He comes VERY close. (I love them both :D)

He was our first captain too, and no one came close since then until we were on the Constellation with his younger brother Captain Tasos. He comes VERY close. (I love them both :D)

I have heard good things about his brother... Must be in the genes... One day hopefully we will get to experience his captainship first hand [emoji4]

Master - Captain Leo Palaiokrassas

Hotel Director - Christophe Belaubre

Cruise Director - Alejandro Tortorelli

Food & Beverage - Vlado Momiroski

Staff Captain - Charalampos Theocharis

Guest Relations - Monica Gomez

Executive Chef - Javier DeJesus

Am I missing something, why does the ship crew make a difference, would you cancel your cruise if you didn't "like" the crew?

(I am not being a "wise guy" just curious)

I still keep in contact with many crew members. I wouldn't cancel a cruise because of the crew but it's nice to know who the officers are. They are very nice people and I enjoy seeing them again when I cruise on their ships. I have lunched with them on shore and their alot of fun to be around!

Arrived in San Juan from a great 7 night Southern Caribbean cruise.

Word is that Captain Kate McCue will remain on board until approximately 9th January.

ALSO - Captain Leo is to go to [i think] Eclipse.

The usual suspects:

Master - Captain Kate McCue

Hotel - Mario Tavares

Cruise D - John Grantham

F&B - Cemal Ozcelik

GRelations - Kim Bird

Exec Chef - Kenny Ramos

Captains Club - Ashley W [brilliant]!!

Michaels Club - Kimberley Reed

Lounge band - 4 Elements

House band - Funk It Up

Duo - Sugar and Honey

Guitar - Sam Barker

DJs - Lenny and Andy.

Arrived in San Juan from a great 7 night Southern Caribbean cruise.

Word is that Captain Kate McCue will remain on board until approximately 9th January.

ALSO - Captain Leo is to go to [i think] Eclipse.

The usual suspects:

Master - Captain Kate McCue

Hotel - Mario Tavares

Cruise D - John Grantham

F&B - Cemal Ozcelik

GRelations - Kim Bird

Exec Chef - Kenny Ramos

Captains Club - Ashley W [brilliant]!!

Michaels Club - Kimberley Reed

Lounge band - 4 Elements

House band - Funk It Up

Duo - Sugar and Honey

Guitar - Sam Barker

DJs - Lenny and Andy.

Who was the Staff Captain- Nigel Smyth?

Which ship are you talking about, Celebrity have a large fleet of ships in the Caribbean in winter and at least 2 do Southern Caribbean cruises.

Eclipse comes to mind, as we have done a 14 night cruise in March 2013.

There will be Spring breakers on the shorter itineraries, but I believe that will be February / March time.

BY THE .WAY this thread is for officers and crew on the ships in the fleet, you might get more response if you start a new thread with your question.

There will also be a roll call already started for the cruise, but as I am uncertain which ship you are referring to I cannot provide the link to the particular cruise.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=206

Edited by upwarduk

Sara is Michaels Club host on the Eclipse through mid January and then she goes to the Summit. She mentioned Sophie comes back to Eclipse when she leaves.

Emma is CC host.

Any chance Sara is a former activities director from the Solstice 2013 New Zealand/Australia?