Rhapsody out of OZ - REALLY high drink prices !!!!!

OK RCI - What gives ?????

Why have drink prices almost doubled on Rhapsody out of Sydney.

Examples -

Daquiri - 2 months ago in Alaska $6.50 US - now $11.00 US

Wine & Dine Package - Gold 5 bottles - RCI website $129.95 US - Selling on the Ship for $144.00 US.

Lava Flow - $9.00

Martini - $10.25

Cosmopolitan - $12.00

Margarita - $11.50

Corona - $6.25

Mai Tai - $9.50

This is REALLY unfair pricing.

If you click on my Photo Album link below, you will see the latest Drinks Menu.

Another thing we found quite confusing on the Rhapsody was the pricing in the shops.......for example.....they had a watch sale.....big signs up....40% off....50% off etc etc.....now maybe I just get easily confused, but we looked at a watch marked, say $100US....50% off would be $50US.....nope, it was still $100US...they said they had already taken the 50% off......so dont take any notice of the "sale" signs.....

Another thing we found quite confusing on the Rhapsody was the pricing in the shops.......for example.....they had a watch sale.....big signs up....40% off....50% off etc etc.....now maybe I just get easily confused, but we looked at a watch marked, say $100US....50% off would be $50US.....nope, it was still $100US...they said they had already taken the 50% off......so dont take any notice of the "sale" signs.....

Wow...in many states pricing like that is not even legal...

Perhaps its better to stick to cruising the Kangeroo Explorer out to the reef and back...beer etc...was priced very fair aboard...

I guess its all in what you drink. I drink mostly beer and found the cost of drinks on Rhapsody in Sept to be not all that far out of line with the cost at any local bar or restaurant

You were on Rhapsody in Alaska.

I believe that people are reporting these higher prices on Rhapsody since she has been in Australia.

Just a thought, but could it be they have to add some taxes?

The cruise companies all over the world buy their goods duty and tax free at all times.I know that I am delving in the past but in the liner days all alcholic drinks and tobacco products were sold tax and duty free in the bars on board.Times have changed but I still think that they all charge excesively for all drinks on board, that is why you are not allowed to bring your own preferred drinks to consume,which may I add is not very conducive to my and everybody elses pockets.Yes I do spend more on vacation but I do not believe in being ripped off.I also think that the wages of all staff on board needs to reflect positively as those of any industrialised country plus tips from happy paying cruisers would make it a greater and better experience for all.I for one would not begrudge a little increase in fares if this was to happen.

Sorry for carrying on so much.

regards Frank.

OK That does it. I'm going to start sneaking Booze on board-Who's with me?

ummm-hmmm...now we get defectors....

No worries sweetie....we are a happy bunch of smugglers...what do you need to know?

I was on Sovereign the end of September and the drink of the day was $9.49. I looked at my receipts and a Pomegrante Martini was $8.00 + $1.20 tip = $9.20 (we were at sea), earlier a Pear martini was $8.00+ $1.20 tip + .64 tax = $9.84 (we were still alongside in Port Canaveral). I didn't buy my usual Jack 'n Coke so I couldn't tell you if that has gone up from $5.00 ($5.25 total) or not.

I was on Sovereign the end of September and the drink of the day was $9.49. I looked at my receipts and a Pomegrante Martini was $8.00 + $1.20 tip = $9.20 (we were at sea), earlier a Pear martini was $8.00+ $1.20 tip + .64 tax = $9.84 (we were still alongside in Port Canaveral). I didn't buy my usual Jack 'n Coke so I couldn't tell you if that has gone up from $5.00 ($5.25 total) or not.

I had rum and coke last week and it was 5.50 plus the tip............

the DOTD are soooooooooo overpriced,its not funny........

My Mom and I just got off the Mariner of the Seas on Sunday and I thought the drinks were pretty expensive too. One afternoon we went up to Ellington's to enjoy the view, and decided to get drinks. I had a Mango Lava Flow and she had a virgin Pina Colada and it was $15.53, including tip. I thought that was pretty steep for only one drink having alcohol in it!! Those are the only "special" drinks we had all week. We stuck to tea, lemonade and coffee the rest of the time.

actually theose signs have been used for a very very long time. I want to say--of course I am usig my memory:eek: ont his---it says in little print--off original price or somethig ot other. the price tag on the jewelry says the origianl price and then the 50% off price. It does catch your eye thoough because the 50% off is soooooooo large. I'll check it out on Monarch next week

Archived