Waiting for a NCL refund.

thephillykid

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone else had any experience with NCL in waiting for a refund to be sent back to a credit card? We originally booked with a TA for the same cruise and paid in full, then we cancelled it. We rebooked it the same day directly with NCL because the TA couldn't figure out how to give us the same obc as the cruise line directly. We have since paid in full because it is was time for final payment on Tuesday. We cancelled on 10/28 and have not seen the refund as of yet. The original monies that the TA took came thru on my account as NCL, so I think it's up to them to issue the refund. I'm still waiting. Anybody have an idea of how long I will have to wait?

Howard

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone else had any experience with NCL in waiting for a refund to be sent back to a credit card? We originally booked with a TA for the same cruise and paid in full, then we cancelled it. We rebooked it the same day directly with NCL because the TA couldn't figure out how to give us the same obc as the cruise line directly. We have since paid in full because it is was time for final payment on Tuesday. We cancelled on 10/28 and have not seen the refund as of yet. The original monies that the TA took came thru on my account as NCL, so I think it's up to them to issue the refund. I'm still waiting. Anybody have an idea of how long I will have to wait?

Howard

I sure hope that you don't have to wait too long or get the "run around" from NCL or whoever owes you the refund. One thing I have found out over many years of cruising,

is that the cruise lines HATE to refund cash to anyone. I'll give you a for instance. A few years ago I was on an NCL cruise and was supposed to get an OBC of $100. When I got my final statement, no OBC was noted on the statement. I should have gone to the info desk before leaving the ship, but the line was a mile long and it would have taken me forever to get any info. I called my TA immediately and he said that he would get in touch with NCL and straighten it all out. To make a long story short, seven months later after many, many inquiries and letters to NCL, I finally got my $100. That's one of the reasons I have taken NCL off my future cruise plans. :mad:

I had to cancel once and it took about 8 weeks and lots of phone calls to get my money back, sorry for the bad news.

I just remembered that my cruise was with NCL but I dealt with an internet Agency, that might have caused the delay (sorry, wanted to clear things up)

I had to cancel a cruise and they emailed me a confirmation showing a credit to my credit card but it never showed on my bill. It turns out my credit was put on someone else's card and NCL refused to give me my money until they got the money back from the account they issued it to in error. They actually told me they would not issue me my credit unless they got the money back from someone else. It took many many calls and 4 1/2 months to get my money.

If you used a credit card to pay, NCL needs to make the refund. If you paid by check or debit card, the TA would use company funds to pay NCL and would probably wait for NCL to refund her money before she refunds your money. Either way NCL needs to issue a refund.

Good luck. NCL does seem slow. I have canceled on both HAL and X and my card was credited within a few days.

I have recent experience with this. I paid a deposit on an NCL cruise 10/14, cancelled on 10/16/08 and the refund was posted on 10/21/08.

Yes, it is up to NCL to issue the refund.

Did your travel agent send you a confirmation showing that they had completed the cancellation?

I have recent experience with this. I paid a deposit on an NCL cruise 10/14, cancelled on 10/16/08 and the refund was posted on 10/21/08.

Yes, it is up to NCL to issue the refund.

Did your travel agent send you a confirmation showing that they had completed the cancellation?

Yes, I have an email that states it's cancelled and Ncl confirmed it as well.

Howard

Good, that would be my biggest concern, especially considering that you are now in the penalty period (if final payment date was due last Tuesday).

I agree wtih AWinkler that I wouldn't stress yet. You are still within normal parameters. In the past, 4-6 weeks was not uncommon, although it seems that things are happening quicker lately.

normally it takes about 10 business days to show the credit on your CC, but it can take up to 2 cycles or so they say. I have never seen it take that long. If it doesn't show up on your CC by the end of the week you need to investigate futher, I wouldn't be too concerned at this stage.

Nita

had almost the identical situation just two months ago. It took 7 weeks for the credit to show up. But my TA had warned it could be as much as 90 days. Hope not in your case.

I sure hope that I get the refund quicker than that. It's not fair for them to keep my money for that long

I had to cancel 3 bookings this year. Two were prior to final payment, one was after final payment. In each case the booking was made directly with NCL, all made by credit card. In each case, the refunds were made to my account within a week.

I had to cancel 3 bookings this year. Two were prior to final payment, one was after final payment. In each case the booking was made directly with NCL, all made by credit card. In each case, the refunds were made to my account within a week.

One way to book direct with NCL.

When we cancelled one cruise and booked another we called NCL direct. They kept our booking number (b/c we already paid the deposit) and changed the cruise. Quick and painless!

Also when we did not see our favoured tour (Overnight Cairo) online we called NCL direct to enquire and they said it was due to a computer glitch that that tour wasn't showing up for us to book so we booked it directly with NCL.

If you had used TA .....

We do not care about not getting OBC or discounts or whatever, but we prefer to book direct with NCL. We got the cabin of our choice fast.

Howard, you have to do what works for you, but what you are saying is so unfair to good and hard working TAs. No, they can not always get you want you want and some work harder than others, but to lump them together because you choose an on line company is unfair, not to mention, you are not supposed to mention the agency on these boards. Just an FYI..

Nita

You are sooooo right Nita.

My online TA is the BEST and guess what agency it just happens to be?;););)

One way to book direct with NCL.

When we cancelled one cruise and booked another we called NCL direct. They kept our booking number (b/c we already paid the deposit) and changed the cruise. Quick and painless!

I tried to do this but NCL would not talk to me about the prior reservation bacause they said "only the TA can access this information...It's locked out to us". So then I had no choice but to do what I could.

You are sooooo right Nita.

My online TA is the BEST and guess what agency it just happens to be?;););)

I used the BEST as well and it took several dozen phone calls, numerous emails and 90 days to get the money back on my credit card when they overcharged me.

Never used them again.

I booked directly with NCL, but had to cancel and rebook to get the OBC deal as my PCC couldn't ammend the current reservation for some reason. However, it only took a few days for the credit to appear.

As long as you have the invoice showing that the first booking was cancelled, I wouldn't worry. However, if you don't have proof that it was cancelled, I would worry as that depost will be forfitted once the final payment date comes around.

I used the BEST as well and it took several dozen phone calls, numerous emails and 90 days to get the money back on my credit card when they overcharged me.

Never used them again.

Didn't say anything about the agency being the BEST and that would be subjective anyway.;)

I said my TA was the best meaning TA's cannot be painted with a broad brush as all being bad.

BTW. On my last booking there was a discrepancy of $100 on my confirmation. When I pointed it out to the TA, she apologized for missing it and I had a check from the agency in a matter of days.:)

I called the TA last night and they supposedly called NCL who said a refund was processed on the 8th, but it still has not hit my bank. I am sure glad that I was not waiting for the money for anything special.

Other than pray, what do I do next?????????

Howard

I called the TA last night and they supposedly called NCL who said a refund was processed on the 8th, but it still has not hit my bank. I am sure glad that I was not waiting for the money for anything special.

Other than pray, what do I do next?????????

Howard

Did you confirm the CC #? This happened to my friend and it turned out that the card they were trying to credit had expired. She forgot what card she used since it was such a long time ago. NCL's refund kept bouncing back.

Archived