Segway Tour of Antigua

MerryBee

We took this tour on our Nov. 30 Celebrity Silhouette cruise. It was the highlight of our cruise.

We were on the 12/12 Silhouette and I would say it was among the top highlights of the cruise. Very highly recommended, really nice people.

I had been considering the Segway tour in San Juan but they would not let me book directly (wanted me to book through Celebrity -- no thanks!). Glad I decided to do it in Antigua instead!

We were on the 12/12 Silhouette and I would say it was among the top highlights of the cruise. Very highly recommended, really nice people.

I had been considering the Segway tour in San Juan but they would not let me book directly (wanted me to book through Celebrity -- no thanks!). Glad I decided to do it in Antigua instead!

If you can do it in San Juan, go for it. We did it a couple of years ago, and it's an amazing tour. I guess we did book it through the ship.

If you can do it in San Juan, go for it. We did it a couple of years ago, and it's an amazing tour. I guess we did book it through the ship.

We saw the Segway tour while we were walking around OSJ and it did not seem to be going anyplace we had not been before. I was much better off spending my SJ "excursion" money on a wonderful dinner at Marmalade!

I just printed off my confirmation from Segway Antigua. I am happy I was able to book as there was not an offering of segways from my ship, the Enchantment. Someone on my board replied that the roads and sidewalks in Antigua are 'uneven' and a challenge to manuveur, but I hadn't heard anyone else comment on them. I'm still looking forward to the excursion.

Lynette

I just printed off my confirmation from Segway Antigua. I am happy I was able to book as there was not an offering of segways from my ship, the Enchantment. Someone on my board replied that the roads and sidewalks in Antigua are 'uneven' and a challenge to manuveur, but I hadn't heard anyone else comment on them. I'm still looking forward to the excursion.

Lynette

We took this tour in December and no trouble navigating the roads. We even road on the beach! The guides are very attentive and very good at instructing you where to ride so that that part of the road is as easy to maneuver as possible. I hope you signed up for the lunch also, as it is awesome.

We saw the Segway tour while we were walking around OSJ and it did not seem to be going anyplace we had not been before. I was much better off spending my SJ "excursion" money on a wonderful dinner at Marmalade!

It beats walking out to the fort

We did this tour in the summer and, as we whizzed by people walking up to the fort, they were so jealous of us. We had a great time!

Hey...you were getting on the Silhouette as we were getting off.

• 3 weeks later...

Did this tour a week ago and it was one of the best things we have ever done in port. We have been on Segways 3-4 before but this was the most fun and challenging tour because of all the different terrain--grass, sand, uneven roads, etc. The tour guides are very accommodating and pleasant and constantly make sure everyone is safe. They give terrific instruction all along the way. We enjoyed all the interesting sights, local food samples and the gorgeous beach. Bring hand sanitizer for the beach as restrooms have no soap. We had the $20 lunch which was a beverage and average grilled chicken breast and fries (although there were some other choices). Highly recommend.

We had the $20 lunch which was a beverage and average grilled chicken breast and fries (although there were some other choices). Highly recommend.

You can order food at the restaurant/bar yourself, so I don't know that paying $20 is that great of a deal (I am not sure what the price is on the menu). The drink is included for everyone whether you get lunch or not. My wife and I split an order of wings. They weren't spicy (as the name claimed) but they were huge.

BTW, I highly recommend the Australian Ice Cream place at the shops near the pier when you get back from the excursion.

Edited by MisterBill99

You can order food at the restaurant/bar yourself, so I don't know that paying $20 is that great of a deal (I am not sure what the price is on the menu). The drink is included for everyone whether you get lunch or not. My wife and I split an order of wings. They weren't spicy (as the name claimed) but they were huge.

BTW, I highly recommend the Australian Ice Cream place at the shops near the pier when you get back from the excursion.

You do get a second beverage with the lunch package. We went to the beach and then had the lunch and second drink. However, I do agree that the $20 lunch is not necessarily a bargain and you can just order ala carte..

You do get a second beverage with the lunch package. We went to the beach and then had the lunch and second drink. However, I do agree that the $20 lunch is not necessarily a bargain and you can just order ala carte..
We rarely eat a big lunch when we're on a cruise and in port, so the wings we split were more than enough. Plus we had room for ice cream back at the pier. The only place we had a big lunch in port was in St. Marteen because we drove over to the French side and ate at one of the Lolo bbq places in Grand Case.

I'm so glad we took CC members' advice and booked with Juliette at Antigua Segways. This tour was not offered thru Princess excursions but we had no trouble getting confirmation and instructions via email.

Juliette met us at the end of the pier on her Segway, arranged for a taxi for us, and almost beat us back to the office. We watched a short video about Segways, were fitted with helmets and elbow pads and had personal instructions and practice time before we headed out for the tour. We travelled across grass, pavement, bricks and sand, saw beautiful coastlines & even dodged a few rain clouds. Juliette was a terrific tour guide. We had a great time and got our first taste of sugar cane! Can't wait for the pictures and video she took!

• 3 weeks later...

We are thinking of booking this tour and checked their website and they say the cruisers get 50% off of the transportation cost. What type of cost for transportation are we looking at per person ?

Also, if you choose to stay at the beach longer at the end do they charge you extra for that and if so what amount ?

I'm so glad we took CC members' advice and booked with Juliette at Antigua Segways. This tour was not offered thru Princess excursions but we had no trouble getting confirmation and instructions via email.

Juliette met us at the end of the pier on her Segway, arranged for a taxi for us, and almost beat us back to the office. We watched a short video about Segways, were fitted with helmets and elbow pads and had personal instructions and practice time before we headed out for the tour. We travelled across grass, pavement, bricks and sand, saw beautiful coastlines & even dodged a few rain clouds. Juliette was a terrific tour guide. We had a great time and got our first taste of sugar cane! Can't wait for the pictures and video she took!

I think the taxi was $15 total - added into the cost of the tour, for both of us. It was only a 5-10 minute ride from the pier to the Segway office. There was no extra cost to stay longer after the tour to enjoy the beach, Juliette told us just to let her know when we were ready to leave and she'd call a taxi for us. I believe they had change rooms as well. We would have stayed longer but had some souvenir shopping to do!

Juliette is very good at responding to emails. This seems to be a family-run business. Her nephew took the lead and she rode behind. Her mom even made the skewers of fresh fruit we had at the fort. The pictures and video turned out very nice. We were pleased with the whole tour. Hope this helps!

Faye

We are thinking of booking this tour and checked their website and they say the cruisers get 50% off of the transportation cost. What type of cost for transportation are we looking at per person ?

Also, if you choose to stay at the beach longer at the end do they charge you extra for that and if so what amount ?

My confirmation says $15.00 extra (for two people) for transportation on top of the Segway excursion price.

I would imagine that if you're staying longer they would charge you for a one way and then you'd have to find your own way back. But I'd email them and ask them to be sure.

Hi Bill,

Did you ever do the Segway?

Hi Bill,

Did you ever do the Segway?

Yes, I had posted my experience earlier in the thread. We had a great time. I recommend booking directly with them. A family we were with on our tour booked thru some online booking service and I doubt they got as good a deal and they almost definitely did not get the free video they would have if they booked directly with the company (for a party of 4).

As for the cab back, they ask you what time you want to go back and arrange for a cab at that time. I think we decided to go back at 2:30 (along with the family of 4) since our ship was leaving at 4 and we wanted to do some shopping at the pier but wanted to spend some time at the beach. The cab was actually late, he was apparently stuck with some other customers (allegedly in traffic). They finally got another cab to take us back but we were there in plenty of time. There are always cabs (vans) in that area since it's a popular beach.

Edited by MisterBill99

• 4 weeks later...

Just returned from the Explorer of the Seas. Spent a day in Antigua doing the segway tour. Had a great time, the package deal with lunch, taxi, and the segway tour is easy, safe, and was the highlight of our trip. Good food and real nice people.

We did the Segway at the end of Feb and was one of our highlights of the trip. Juliette and her staff are excellent. We had 12 in our tour with a guide leading the way, one following us and another taking pictures.

For the 4 of us in a cab in was $5.75 pp return which was a good deal and they allowed us to stay longer at the beach at no extra cost.

Would not hesitate in booking with them again.

Just returned from the Explorer of the Seas. Spent a day in Antigua doing the segway tour. Had a great time, the package deal with lunch, taxi, and the segway tour is easy, safe, and was the highlight of our trip. Good food and real nice people.