Segway Tour of Antigua

MerryBee

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We are considering this tour for our cruise in March. We are already booked for a private segway tour in Barbados, so I'm not sure we would want to do a second one on the same trip.

Has anyone done both of these segway tours and can compare them?

We are considering this tour for our cruise in March. We are already booked for a private segway tour in Barbados, so I'm not sure we would want to do a second one on the same trip.

Has anyone done both of these segway tours and can compare them?

We've done both tours. I think that the Barbados tour is off-road and starts in a grassy field. The Antigua one was more of a sight-seeing tour. They were both extremely enjoyable.

We have only done the Antigua tour, but we have done it 3 times. That gives you an idea of how much we enjoyed it. The Antigua tour is on paved roads and also off road. We were able to ride on the beach although they are not able to do the beach at all times. Depends on the condition of the sand.

Go for it and enjoy :).

We've done both tours. I think that the Barbados tour is off-road and starts in a grassy field. The Antigua one was more of a sight-seeing tour. They were both extremely enjoyable.

We have only done the Antigua tour, but we have done it 3 times. That gives you an idea of how much we enjoyed it. The Antigua tour is on paved roads and also off road. We were able to ride on the beach although they are not able to do the beach at all times. Depends on the condition of the sand.

Go for it and enjoy :).

Thanks for the info! I'll take your advice and do both!!!

Lisa

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone recall the name of the beach the Segway tour starts from. We tried to take the tour a few years back. Went to the office for some training then departed in a van to a beautiful beach that had what looked to be a small bar. The beach was deserted except for our tour. We did abit more practice here. I always remember that beach being one of the most beautiful beaches I had ever seen. Unfortunately within a few minutes of being on the Segway, I had a accident and had to leave by ambulance so never got a chance to spend much time there. Am going back to Antigua this winter and would love to head back to that beach.

We did the tour last Feb and loved it. Based on our experience, I would recommend including the lunch in the package. We got good service, excellent food, and a few extra drinks were thrown in.

I disagree. Lunch was $20 per person and unless you really need to have a full lunch, I don't think it is worth it. You can always order lunch off the menu if you want. In my case, my wife and I split a portion of wings (not great, but OK) and spent the rest of our time on the beach. You'll be eating all week on the cruise and my feeling is that unless I'm going to be eating some really stellar food, I would rather have a light lunch. I can eat all week. I can't be at the beach all week. I think the family we ended up with had paid for lunch because they got full meals and boxed most of it up.

Edited by MisterBill99

• 4 months later...

I booked this tour and got a confirmation number and it says we will contact you to see if we are booked?? I haven't heard anything yet---don't like waiting...lol...I read that someone rented a jet ski on the beach at the end of the tour.....we booked the 9am tour and want to snorkel somewhere afterwards....did anyone see people snorkeling?? I am sure Juliette can tell us a good place to go,,,,this tour sounds wonderful!!

I booked this tour and got a confirmation number and it says we will contact you to see if we are booked?? I haven't heard anything yet---don't like waiting...lol...I read that someone rented a jet ski on the beach at the end of the tour.....we booked the 9am tour and want to snorkel somewhere afterwards....did anyone see people snorkeling?? I am sure Juliette can tell us a good place to go,,,,this tour sounds wonderful!!

I HAD A PHONE NUMBER 268-562-7433

If she doesn’t answer the email-- You have to put in the country code in front.

That trip was the first time I ever fell off a Segway, but it was because of not watching where my tires were going.

We were stopped at the top of the ramp we went up into a fort for a view. The tree roots got me. I should have got off the Segway instead of trying to ride over the tree roots.

It was a good tour.

I disagree. Lunch was $20 per person and unless you really need to have a full lunch, I don't think it is worth it. You can always order lunch off the menu if you want. In my case, my wife and I split a portion of wings (not great, but OK) and spent the rest of our time on the beach. You'll be eating all week on the cruise and my feeling is that unless I'm going to be eating some really stellar food, I would rather have a light lunch. I can eat all week. I can't be at the beach all week. I think the family we ended up with had paid for lunch because they got full meals and boxed most of it up.

I would agree.

I HAD A PHONE NUMBER 268-562-7433

If she doesn’t answer the email-- You have to put in the country code in front.

That trip was the first time I ever fell off a Segway, but it was because of not watching where my tires were going.

We were stopped at the top of the ramp we went up into a fort for a view. The tree roots got me. I should have got off the Segway instead of trying to ride over the tree roots.

It was a good tour.

Thank you---I will give it another day---I just noticed its says they will respond in 72 hours...lol

We are booked on this tour for March 27. Contemplating cancelling the lunch option, as we are going on the early morning tour and figure we can always get food back in town or on the ship.

Thoughts, anyone?

We are booked on this tour for March 27. Contemplating cancelling the lunch option, as we are going on the early morning tour and figure we can always get food back in town or on the ship.

Thoughts, anyone?

I booked 9am also---and did not choose lunch---someone wrote on here you can order from the menu. My son has some food allergies so I don't want to take any chances. I figured we will be done at noon and cruise back to the ship for lunch. They sent me confirmation!! A segway will meet us at the port at 8:40am!!:D

You will have a great time. Juliette is great. We have done the tour 3 times and loved it.

Thanks! We're looking forward to it. We love Segway tours- we've done them in several ports and are also doing one in Barbados on this trip!

Just did this tour on March 17th. We did the 9 am and stayed on the beach until 3:30 pm. We opted for the lunch but probably would have been better off on our own. We were told that we could order off the "lunch" menu. The prizes for these dishes ranted from $8 to $12 and two drinks were included ($3 for pop and $4 for beer). Since we paid $20 we would have been ahead to pay for lunch directly.

A cold front had gone through earlier that week and the waves on the beach were quite high so sadly we did get to do any snorkelling:( The beach was great. There were showers and change rooms and only about 20 of us on the beach. Chairs were $5 each.

The best day of our cruise.:D

The prices for these dishes ranted from $8 to $12 and two drinks were included ($3 for pop and $4 for beer). Since we paid $20 we would have been ahead to pay for lunch directly.

You get one drink included even if you don't buy lunch (at least that's how it was in late 2011). We had the rum punch.

Edited by MisterBill99

• 3 weeks later...

We just did a tour second week of April....One family member was afraid to ride and they still charged me. The area you tour is filled with trash and debris.....Riding the Segway was wonderful and a lot of fun....but the atmosphere wasn't. The time they post includes half hour beach time which I wasn't to happy about because they started late and we were only on bike for about and hour. I have not gotten the so called free video yet---but I did not see anything but a cheap camera they used to occasionally take photos.

Edited by KSCPA
add