Segway Tour of Antigua

MerryBee

• 3 weeks later...

Tried emailing them twice but haven't had an answer from them, so wondering if someone here can help.

I noticed there's an excursion called SWEET ISLAND HOME. There's no information about this one on their website. Does anyone have information about this one? Trying to decide between Conquerors one and this one.

Thanks in advance.

Juliette did get back to me. :)

She also told me about a new tour that they have (which we booked). Details below. BTW I called them today because I didn't want to leave CC info on the internet and they took my reservation and marked it "cash" and I didn't have to give them anything. Very helpful and friendly. Here's the info on the new tour for anyone that's interested (it's $69 pp):

I’d be happy to provide some information on our newest tour – Sweet Island Home. Whereas the Conquerors tour takes a historic look at Antigua and its rich heritage and is centered around the western side of the island, where you'd pass by historic attractions, landmarks and visit Fort James which has all its cannons intact, also riding through a large picnic park and two beaches, getting a real feeling of thrill and adventure while sampling local treats; the Sweet Island home tour takes a look at Island Life. You'd ride through three neighbourhoods getting a feel of the residential areas and a local celebrity home. Its narration highlights current day facts about islanders and the country on a whole with an alluring view of the ocean. This too is a lot of fun but mostly appeals to return clients who want to experience not just the tourist attractions but something a little different. The tour last 3.5 hours inclusive of orientation and transfer from your cruise ship.

Edited by KAWS

We did the Conquerors tour last week and it was a blast. Since it is "off season", there was only my wife and myself with two quides. We were met at the dock and a quick cab ride to their office. They do an orientation video and practice session then off you go. The Segways are a blast and it only takes a few minutes to get the hang of them. For those that want something other than a beach or snorkle this is a great alternative. Riding them on the beach was a real treat.

• 2 months later...

We took the Segway tour as well Nov 10th. Excellent experience. We purchased the taxi service through the tour (1/2 priced) $7.50 p/p.

We were provided an excellent orientation before going out and about. All the tour guides were patient and very friendly.

My husband and I had a blast...I was nervous at first but after sometime on the segway it gets easy. Great time.

I really want to do this tour but am hesitant since I had a hip replacement about 1 1/2 years ago. I have no problem climbing stairs, etc. around home, but I'm nervous about the amount of hopping on and off the Segway when you stop it.

How much on and off is involved? Should I pass on it? :confused: Just looking for some opinions from those who have done it.

Thanks!

I really want to do this tour but am hesitant since I had a hip replacement about 1 1/2 years ago. I have no problem climbing stairs, etc. around home, but I'm nervous about the amount of hopping on and off the Segway when you stop it.

How much on and off is involved? Should I pass on it? :confused: Just looking for some opinions from those who have done it.

Thanks!

They will teach you how to bring it to a stop and just stand still on it. To dismount, you get off carefully, one foot at a time. You just have to be careful not to pull back on the handlebars as you step off causing it to move. There will be a good training course before you take off on the tour. I'm mid-60's, overweight and clumsy and I have done this tour twice with one more booked. I got the hang of it easily and I love it.

Thanks!

Well I sure hope it will be ok because I had a total knee replacement done 6 weeks ago and we're signed up for March.

They will teach you how to bring it to a stop and just stand still on it. To dismount, you get off carefully, one foot at a time. You just have to be careful not to pull back on the handlebars as you step off causing it to move. There will be a good training course before you take off on the tour. I'm mid-60's, overweight and clumsy and I have done this tour twice with one more booked. I got the hang of it easily and I love it.

Thank you so much for the replies and words of encouragement! Right now I have my family signed up for it, and with this new info, might add myself to the group. Either way, I'll be sure to post a review when we return!

Cruise3122

I had THR 3 years ago and need a knee done now. I did this tour this summer and had no problems with getting on or off. Go for it.

Ahhh, you are an adventurer indeed! Knowing that more than likely there will never be a chance to Segway through the sites of Antigua again with my family, is making this very tempting! They are all signed up. I may just wait unitl we are at the port to decide and then, if they can add one more on, then I might just join in.

Thanks for the encouragement!

Ahhh, you are an adventurer indeed! Knowing that more than likely there will never be a chance to Segway through the sites of Antigua again with my family, is making this very tempting! They are all signed up. I may just wait unitl we are at the port to decide and then, if they can add one more on, then I might just join in.

Thanks for the encouragement!

We took this tour on our Nov. 30 Celebrity Silhouette cruise. It was the highlight of our cruise. We had a wonderful time. Even though it rained (poured) half-way through the tour. We went back to the office and waited until the rain ended and then resumed our adventure. At the end of the tour, we went to the beach (right across the street from the Segway office) and had a scrumptious lobster lunch (part of the tour if you select the lunch option) and swam for about an hour. Very highly recommended tour!!

Have a go!! We have done Segway tours all over the world (best one so far in Wellington, NZ). If you can stand up, you can ride a Segway. The worst bit is the first 15 seconds or so when you get on. Your brain naturally assumes the Segway must topple over and it takes a few seconds for it to work out that you are still right way up! Its great fun. Ask the guide to take the limiter off so you can go flat out!!

Simon

I agree with Simon, but you must watch where your wheels are going because if you hit a curb with one side it is going to suddenly turn you sideways and probably through you off. Watch where your wheels are going

• 2 weeks later...
I'm also having trouble booking this tour. No response to email, and my email that I sent came back "mailer demon". I filled out the on-line sign up WITH credit card so I'm hoping that they will get back with me!!

Lynette

When I first contacted them they responded with a confirmation and then they responded stating they were booked. They had contracted with the ship so I booked with the ship.

1-268-562-7433

reservations@segwayantigua.com

info@segwayantigua.com

I think there is only one Segway business on Antigua. Not sure if the above information will help;

I'm not sure which of those e-mail addresses got a response.

=======================================================

----- Original Message -----

To:

Sent: Wednesday, October 19, 2011 8:49 AM

Subject: Segway Antigua Booking

Hello Joe,

We are delighted that you are interested in experiencing a Segway Antigua tour and have received your booking for 12 January 2012. Unfortunately, all spaces are fully reserved. We also reserve spots for Silver Seas clients directly through them and perhaps you may want to check there to see if there may be some available spots. Hope it works out. Thanks again for considering us.

Kind Regards,

Juliette Bailey - Manager

Joe

Thanks for the info. I've tried both of those emails and still haven't gotten anything. Don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Lynette

I sent a test e-mail to two addresses and got and answer: The address I used was reservations@segwayantigua.com and the answer is below. Do a copy/paste on this address. Most of the time failures are due to typographical errors. I make many typos myself.

Hello Joe,

So far we are not aware of any problems. We have successfully received your email and I’m not sure of the difficulties others are experiencing. Please let me know we can be of assistance.

Kind Regards,

Juliette Bailey - Manager

Segway of Antigua & Barbuda

“Moving you to a fume free environment”

http://www.segwayantigua.com | info@segwayantigua.com | 268-562-7433 | 268-720-2609 | 268-723-9026 | 268-788-4891

Sent: Friday, December 30, 2011 1:57 AM

To: reservations@segwayantigua.com; info@segwayantigua.com

Subject: Test e-mai

People state they have been trying to reach you by e-mail without success. Is this a good e-mail address

Joe

Edited by scapel