Back from Solstice today ... amazing!

ssgemini

I think the CC balconies - if you can get them for not much more than the standard balcony are worth the extra $$ for the added amenities

I have a CC balcony booked for only 29.00 per person for the week.

What were the extra amenities that you liked

thanks

Yep, I don't think they are just shaded anymore. It looked as though they were actually painting them when they arrived Fort Lauderdale.

Hi Hylasgirl !

It looks to be a last minute change. When the ship was built, the X appeared to be Frosted Glass. In the last few days, the X looks to have been painted white.

Many of us (myself included) had our doubts about the original design, as the X was barely noticible. The new paint job will solve the visability problem as you look at the ship, though it may create a diminished view from the balcony if you are seated. If you are standing, it should not be a problem. I will try to take a look at this when I am onboard Solstice.

I feel that Celebrity should revisit putting the Large X on the Funnel, as opposed to the small X that is currently there. They should create another idea for the X on the Hump on future S-Class ships. I was thinking they should try painting the Outline of the X, and leave the rest of it clear, to make for a better view.

I think the CC balconies - if you can get them for not much more than the standard balcony are worth the extra $$ for the added amenities

I have a CC balcony booked for only 29.00 per person for the week.

What were the extra amenities that you liked

thanks

What week, what ship, and where did you get that price?

I have booked a 1A "Hump" cabin on deck 9 midship. Now I have some concerns after reading the comments on this thread.

I wonder if the X will be giving us an obstructed view (although I don't think our cabin is near that). Did anyone find that the "hump" cabin balconies were bit larger than the other balconies? In looking at the photos as the ship was being built it appeared that the balconies that were angled looked larger than the others....did anyone find this to be the case? If not, I wonder why the 1A category cabins were more $$ than the other cabins. Any ideas why?

Marion

Marion: We also have a deck 9 midship hump "angled" cabin for May 09. I think WE will be fine as there is no opaque glass or "painting" on the glass balconies on the angled cabins. And YES, we do have a larger balcony, not wider, but they are deeper! I think that is why the 1As are a little more $$ and no cabin selction left on our cruise.

Lobster129

Thanks for the great review- my question- is there service or self service in the Cafe Al Baccio??? China or Papercups???

Greetings

Michael

Service. There are papercups to go if you like. Otherwise, china.

The door discussion interests me. It has gone back and forth on which way they open. So now I am wondering if they do all open out into a vestibule area, is that vestibule area part of the square footage of the cabin then. The cabins seem narrower to me than on M Class and while the overall square footage seems to be a 'good' number, it seems to be a tight fit.

Was anyone who was on her have any impression of this seemed to them?

Not one to be negative but two comments would make me think twice about sailing on such a large ship -

the sailing was 65% full yet people were waiting in line for coffee and the martini bar was so full someone gave it a miss.

What would they be like if the ship was full??

Thanks for the info Signman. It's really unfair to paint an X on the balcony glass unless we are told prior to booking that there is an obstruction and can pick accordingly. I called Celebrity last night to ask if the X is actually white paint but the lady I spoke to didn't know anything. I think I will try to switch to a cabin that looks unblocked, if possible.:o

Not one to be negative but two comments would make me think twice about sailing on such a large ship -

the sailing was 65% full yet people were waiting in line for coffee and the martini bar was so full someone gave it a miss.

What would they be like if the ship was full??

When the coffee and alcohol is free, one would expect a line.

Of you fortunate folks who have boarded the Solstice, can you please share a detailed description of the Persian Garden area AND the men's or women's changing/locker room facilities?

I am particularly interested in knowing if the sauna rooms are located in the respective changing rooms and overlook the ocean, as they do on the Millenium-class ships.

As much detailed information (# of showers, steam room locations, etc.) would be greatly appreciated.

Much obliged,

Gigglewolf-Of-The-Seas

[quote name='Deeliteful']Not one to be negative but two comments would make me think twice about sailing on such a large ship -

What would they be like if the ship was full??[/quote]

This is on a short cruise where everyone is trying to sample everything. As such I do not think you can then deduce it will be like this all the time

[quote name='Cruzinram']So how was the all the food? buffet and dining room. That's where the wife and I usually dine. Were the new menus used and how about the china...[/quote]

I'm with you Cruzinram -- How was the food?? :) I could care less about the whole cabin thing. It's cruise ship; the cabin will be small. What about the spaces around the ship?

Enjoy!
Kel

Dear Friends:

We have travelled quite a bit on Celebrity and one thing I noticed in looking at the schematics of the Solstice - it appears to only have two elevator banks rather than three. What will that be like with a full ship?
Anyone else notice this? Or is another bank of elevators not indicated on the original diagram?
Neil :)

[quote name='SRQfireman']Can any of you that have done the cruises this week know if they are allowing you to eat in the speciality restaurants now ? or do they have them closed during the pre-inaugurals? (hopefully not....I'm looking for a nice steak Friday night :p )[/quote]

They're open, but they are booked solid with invited guests. Check with your Celebrity contacts to see if you can get in.

Chuck

[quote name='LKN-NC']nice review!

What types of toiletries are they providing to non-suite/non-cc cabins? We have a 1-A next month and curious if its just the dispenser type in the shower or real lotion, shampoo and soaps? The only bathrooms so far shown in the various pictures people posted have baskets similar to hotels.

Thanks[/quote]

My cabin (9191, a 1B) had small bottles of the real lotion, etc. There were upgraded amenities in AQ, CC, and suites.

Chuck

[quote name='neilrr']Dear Friends:

We have travelled quite a bit on Celebrity and one thing I noticed in looking at the schematics of the Solstice - it appears to only have two elevator banks rather than three. What will that be like with a full ship?
Anyone else notice this? Or is another bank of elevators not indicated on the original diagram?
Neil :)[/QUOTE]

not going to be a huge problem for me at least. i refuse to take the elevator if i am not wearing extremely high heels or carrying all my bags.

[quote name='neilrr']Dear Friends:

Neil :)[/QUOTE]

Hi Neil !

Yes, there are only 2 banks of elevators. It seems Celebrity has compensated for this a bit, by placing the 2nd Bank of Elevators slightly aft of Mid-Ship. While I do not feel it will be a big concern, I wish they had 3 banks of elevators, like their other ships. Only time will tell if this new design will work smoothly.

Archived