Back to Back cruise fares?

JAZBOC

I am thinking about booking a NCL Jade cruise in Jan. The 21 day itinerary is almost twice the cost of booking the 12 day and 9 day seperately. Is this normal? Can I book them separately or will I have to then waste a day debarking/reboarding the ship?

progress.gif

I am thinking about booking a NCL Jade cruise in Jan. The 21 day itinerary is almost twice the cost of booking the 12 day and 9 day seperately. Is this normal? Can I book them separately or will I have to then waste a day debarking/reboarding the ship?

progress.gif

The back to back rate should be the same or lower than the total of the two individual rates. You should contact the cruise line. If you were getting the pricing from their web site there must be an error with the data on their site.

Keith

Even if booked as a B2B, it only takes about 20 minutes to walk you thru customs and back onto the ship with your new card. We were waltzed right on past the line for customs the rest of those getting off the ship were in. You leave your things on the ship. If you have the same cabin, so much the better, if not then your cabin steward will give you a cart to load up with your things and move it for you.

We have done B2B cruises and the charge was exactly that of booking the two independently. These WERE in the summer tho, so I am not sure if the high booking rates of the summer are not as negotiable as the mid winter rates.

Good luck...you will love it. We were the only ones B2B on our cruise, and they walked us off the ship and processed us thru customs and right back aboard. You can at that point do anything you want, to include enjoy the ship to yourself or sightsee at the port. We chose to go and check out all the different cabin catagory as part of our day. :)

We have booked two b2b's for next year. One we booked as one cruise, the other as two. On the first there was a savings of a little more than the fuel surcharge (since refunded), by booking b2b. The other we could not find listed as one cruise.

Booking as one can be less, or more. I am doing a 32 day HAL cruise that is also sold as a 14 day and an 18 day. There is substantial savings booking as as a single cruise. But I was looking at a Princess cruise in Nov. from Athens to Manaus. It was sold as either one or two, and the price booking them separately was over $1200 LESS than booking as one. Go figure. EM

Archived