Silver Spirit maiden

CASHIPman

Wellseasoned; You'll be welcome at our humble abode. If we can get stateroom #s for all of the CC group on the T/A I'll try to put a cocktail party together in our suite.

JUST WITHIN LAST TWO HOURS HOME FROM CLOUD Montreal/New York and find your lovely cocktail party invitation for the T/A -- I'm in one of the few Vista Gty suites, don't know # yet but traveling with other SS veterans -- Dusababy is looking forward to meeting all CC posters.

Now that I know what Col Wes looks like -- I guess I need to look for the duct tape patch too....

BTW -- St. Lawrence River cruise on refurbished Cloud w/Butler. I can't decide whether I was buteled or butlerd but in my opinion -- the jury is still out on whether this idea will be long lived.

Will write more details later --

Hi Valerie,

That would be nice. We are having dinner in the hotel aswell because

Nick can't walk very well due to MS and has to use a wheelchair. Hope that doesn't frighten you (it does some people) but other than the MS he is completely sane:p and a lovely man. We are looking forward to this sailing it's our second on Silversea. Have you sailed with them before?

Anyway on Saturday we will be somewhere in the bar to have a drink

before dinner. Hope to see you in Lisbon.

Regards,

Maria

Marie -

We will look for you in the bar on the 2nd. This is our first SS cruise, prior to this cruise we had been cruising with Regent. We leave for three weeks in Aruba next week, but I always have my laptop with us.

Doug and Col. Wes - don't know if you know Emmy from London, but she will also be doing this TA.

Valerie

Valerie, thanks for your note..do not know Emmy but look forward to sharing the

Maiden TA with Jim/Emmy and you. Ida and I sail both Regent and Silversea, believe

you will also very much enjoy Silversea...see you on board and on deck six. r/wes

dougburns

Dusababy occupies a suite alone as does her friend Winnie -- but long time SS cruisers Malcolm and Jean will also be on board and have been room mates for a long time !!

I"m beginning to wonder if this T/A will be Venetian Society members only?

Would be fitting.....:)

O.K., here's what I have so far. Did I miss anyone?

Wellseasoned 1010

Gary&Carol 752

Maria&Nick 528

Wes&Ida 610

Jim&Valerie 602

Warren&Judy Waite 511

Dusababy(2) unknown

Emma unknown

Craig and Wilfred. I hesitate to put my cabin nbr for fear that a certain retired Col. will knock on the stateroom door at an unsociable hour. (715 I think)

O.K., here's what I have so far. Did I miss anyone?

Wellseasoned 1010

Gary&Carol 752

Maria&Nick 528

Wes&Ida 610

Jim&Valerie 602

Warren&Judy Waite 511

Dusababy unknown

Emma unknown

Winnie unknown

Craig&Wilfred 715(I think)

Malcom&Jean unknown

We'll probably do this thing the second or third evening out, because we'll need time to coordinate with the butler and the ship. It'll depend on weather and sea conditions as well. For right now I'm going to shoot for the evening leaving Funchal. We'll send word to all of the noted staterooms once we have it firmed up.

DOUG BURNS -- FYI

Winifred suite 521

Mary Ann (aka Dusababy) suite 415

Scratch Malcolm and Jean

P.S. Just checked "ships in port" for arrival FLL January 19 -- Island Princess, Ruby Princess, Silver Spirit.

Hope the Princesses don't feel like wallflowers......:D

O.K., I'll redo this listing.

Doug&Miss Lynn 801

Gary&Carol 752

Maria&Nick 528

Wes&Ida 610

Jim&Valerie 602

Warren&Judy Waite 511

Winfred 521

Mary Ann(Dusababy) 415

Craig&Wilfred 715(I think)

Emma unknown

6 additional couples from B&K Travel(no staterooms or names yet)

If the list gets any bigger we may have to do this in shifts. Will have to see what the ship comes back with. Other than just a meet and greet, I think we have every type of suite covered except an Owners suite and I'd like us to be able to report back to others our opinions of the ship and digs as a whole.

I think we have every type of suite covered except an Owners suite and I'd like us to be able to report back to others our opinions of the ship and digs as a whole.
Dear Captain: Unless some of the six additional couples you mentioned include suites on deck 10 or 11, there seem to be no silver suites (you have forsaken yours to take the grand suite). Also, we may be mistaken, our "cruise critic reporter", travel agent DebbieH103 is not on the list. Perhaps she is on a different voyage?

P.S. Since you are a navy captain, will they let you visit the engine room (they did for some special guests in the past, including some who used to post here years ago). If so, perhaps you can take some pictures and post it on this board for the rest of us to see!

Meow, unfortunately for us Maiden TA cruisers, Debbie and Todd are on the Maiden

(Holiday) Spirit Voyage..but not continuing on for the maiden crossing...Doug, will clarify

but, am betting out of the six additional couples Doug cites above, one or more of them

have a Silver Suite.

Yes, we are on the Maiden Voyage, Spirit Holiday and have a 10:40 flight in the a.m., as do some others, as that is how we are avoiding two connections back from Lisbon. There's another list of who's going over on the other thread that was started by love@cruise. There are 4 cabins of us that I know of.

Wes; B&K can't release names and stateroom #s until they check with the folks individually to see if it's O.K. I'm waiting for word from the ship as to how many we can have in the suite and still meet the fire code restrictions. SS Guest Services has been very cooperative so far in working with our T/A. I think I'm going to shoot for the evening out of Funchal, since we're underway at 1600. Out of Las Palmas we're not underway until 1900 and out of Tenerife it's 1800. Just hope we have a good butler. I've asked for a bartender as well and canape's. I think we'll shoot for 1730-1830, so we don't interfere with dinner. I'll have the ship send invitations to each stateroom once we board. We did receive a pre-cruise package from SS via our T/A today.

I have enjoyed reading the posts on this thread, and hope that when you return you will post your thoughts and reviews.

Alas, I am booked on Spirit for a Transatlantic crossing from Lisbon, but it is not the Inaugural, so am leaking some envy for all of you.

Archived