Silver Spirit maiden

CASHIPman

Has anyone on the maiden noticed on "My Voyage" when you go into the info about the ship that it brings up info about Shadow?

Just checked tonight, and now Silversea's website gives no info about the ship under "my voyage" and "about your ship". We board the Silver Spirit in Lisbon.

Gary

Gary, thanks for the update, though it was not the info I hoped for!

Debbie, go to Silversea's website & click on the "Silver Spirit" box and then click on "Silver Spirit blog". It gives a lot of current status info and links on the right to more info, photos, video, etc. Finally, information from Silversea!

Gary

Gary, I check the blog every few hours to see if anything is new, I just thought it was odd they were pointing to the Shadow on My Voyage instead of just not having the ship link if it was not ready. They did get enough complaints to take the Shadow reference off.

Thirty percent of the customers booking Silver Spirit’s ‘Grand Inaugural Voyage’ are sailing for the full 91-day cruise, from Fort Lauderdale around South America to Los Angeles and on to New York. More than 30 passengers are staying even longer, with one couple booking 154 days straight.

And 20% of the full-voyage contingent are new to Silversea Cruises.

‘We knew our past guests would appreciate the ship and all the new bells and whistles. But we’re pleasantly surprised by the 20% who are new to Silversea,’ said Brad Ball, the line’s director of media relations. What these people are hearing and reading about Silver Spirit gives them the confidence to book a long voyage, he added.

The 540-passenger vessel is nearing completion at Fincantieri’s Ancona yard for a December delivery. After a Mediterranean holiday cruise and a crossing from Lisbon to Fort Lauderdale, where the naming ceremony is scheduled on Jan. 21, the ‘Grand Inaugural Voyage’ sets off for more than 45 ports in 20 countries.

The new ship is selling from top to bottom, Ball said, with Silver Spirit offering the richest accommodations mix in the fleet. All the Owner’s and Grand Suites are booked for the full 91-day voyage, and most of the Silver Suites are taken, too. A few are available on some segments. ‘We do expect all the segments to sell out,’ Ball said.

The price for a two-bedroom Owner’s Suite is $129,000 per person. Full-voyage pricing starts at $42,108 per person, including all available incentives and complimentary amenities such as four exclusive on-shore events.

In line with Silversea’s target mix, half of the ‘Grand Inaugural Voyage’ customers are from North America, and half are international, particularly from the UK, continental Europe and Australia/New Zealand. Some Latin Americans are booking, too, with Brazil one of the line’s fastest growing international markets.

Certain segments of the 91-day voyage, such as the one that visits Brazil during Carnaval in Rio -- where full-cruise guests are treated to prime seating for the samba school parades -- are drawing younger customers.

‘This ship is attractive to a younger demographic overall because of the six dining venues, the outdoor dining options, the more than 8,000sq ft spa and all the entertainment venues,’ Ball said. ‘It has a lively vibe that is very appealing to a younger demographic.’

For Dusababy, Swindy, any other Maiden TA cruisers that are booked at the Lisbon Marriott...we just got the Rewards deal (from November thru 7 Feb) for our two nights at the Marriott, includes breakfast daily for two.

Also, just went through this thread a few minutes ago, here are the CCr's I found booked on the Maiden TA:

Craig

Swindy,

Doug and Miss Lynn

Wellseasoned

Maria

Gary and Carol

Dusababy

Wes and Ida

Did I miss anyone?

Yesterday was a bad day in that we lost 2 of our 6 for the T/A. Jerry Neuman has a recurrence of stomach cancer, so he and Diane will have to cancel. That leaves Lynn and me along with Warren and Judy Waite. Also heard from our friends from NC who recently completed the Pacific rim cruise aboard Shadow. They said a couple from England who were with them on the cruise, Graham and Valerie, will board in Lisbon for the T/A and continue on the SA cruise with them. We should have an interesting mix of pax.

Just a slight change to previous posts. The "Lovely Miss Lynn"( she is my bride of 35 years by the way. The monicker was hung on her @ 36 years ago ) and I will now be in suite 801. We had waitlisted for a Grand Suite from the Silver that we had(1007) and 801 came available today, so we grabbed it. Maybe one nice evening at sea we can have a group cocktail party there. We're gettin' close!

Just a slight change to previous posts. The "Lovely Miss Lynn"( she is my bride of 35 years by the way. The monicker was hung on her @ 36 years ago ) and I will now be in suite 801. We had waitlisted for a Grand Suite from the Silver that we had(1007) and 801 came available today, so we grabbed it. Maybe one nice evening at sea we can have a group cocktail party there. We're gettin' close!

Doug we are on Barcelona to Lisbon . . .is that with you? If so, would love an invite to your cocktail party in your Grand Suite --- or anywhere else you paln to throw a party =) (the only catch is, we have a mid-ship verandah guarantee so don't know our suite number yet =)

Wellseasoned; You'll be welcome at our humble abode. If we can get stateroom #s for all of the CC group on the T/A I'll try to put a cocktail party together in our suite.

Thanks for the offer! We're in 752.

Gary & Carol

Archived