Silver Spirit maiden

CASHIPman

Don't really like the location, but time will tell. It's too close to reception and it will be hard for those folks to conduct business; especially if there's music playing. Really like the size, layout and location of the bar on both Whisper and Shadow.

Anyone would be eligible for them, especially if they are all that is left, but I can't imagine anyone to enjoy seemingly being at that wall. I just wonder why the big redesign. I know they wanted to say "lobby bar", but it doesn't really look like a lobby setup at all. Maybe a rethink?

debbie,

pls see this link for your voyage on the spirit to get to your excursions:

http://www.silversea.com/destination.aspx?ShipID=&Month=12&Year=2009&RegionID=1&SearchBy=Date&voyageid=3018&search_type=viewpastexcursionlist&page_id=destination&Page=2

to get here do not click on the Spirit voyages link on the homepage, instead go to the voyages tab, click on 2009, click on Dec, click on Spirit

barcelona to lisbon..it just worked for me

Thank goodness we've been to all of the ports on the Spirit T/A numerous times. It will give us a chance to just relax and enjoy the new ship. The only thing we'll do in port is go for a "walk about". Glad to see on the Seatrade article that the Stars Supper Club will not be a charge dining venue. It will be a real zoo getting in though if reservations are not required.

Did you all happen to see the 8/12 posting in Cruise Critic's NEWS section on "New Silver Spirit Dining Developments". Notables are the new association with Italy's Slow Food Ass'n, and a paragraph about desserts. More info forthcoming, they state. This cruise will be our first with Silversea, so we cannot compare things with other Silversea ships. But it will be interesting to do a Silversea comparison with Regent, Crystal, Oceania & Azamara.

Gary

Talked to our TA this morning about possibly changing stateroom categories for the 3 Jan cruise. End result is that the ship is currently full. There are no staterooms available in any category. That may change as we approach the 120 day penalty period, but right now we're FULL! Hope the crew has had time to fully familiarize themselves with the ship by the time we get aboard or it's going to be a real zoo. I wonder when the bulk of the crew will report to Spirit. Hopefully, many of the hotel staff will be aboard for the sea trials and shakedown. I'm sure the ops and engineering folks will be aboard for those evolutions.

Thanks for that update doug...we're hoping/reasonably expecting SS & Spirit crew will put their best foot forward on the maiden voyage and maiden crossing..but since these are maiden voyages; will not expect perfection. Plssee this link on maiden voyages:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=650

Doug, did u see SS has now posted these lecuturers for our sailing: (well now only one lecturer is identified, Jim Brochu (actor/playright) dropped off the SS site)

For the History Enthusiast: Hosted by Roderick A. McDonald

RODERICK A. MCDONALD is Professor of History at Rider University, author of The Economy and Material Culture of Slaves: Goods and Chattels on the Sugar Plantations of Jamaica and Louisiana and Between Slavery and Freedom: Special Magistrate John Anderson’s Journal of St. Vincent during the Apprenticeship. He also edited West Indies Accounts: Essays on the History of the British Caribbean and the Atlantic Economy. Professor McDonald will discuss the Caribbean’s rich history and its West Indies heritage

ColWes, I am hoping that SS will collect a premier group of their elite crew for the maiden crossing! We are really looking forward to seeing many of our favorite "friends" among the crew. If they pick their best for the inaugural voyages, we shouldn't be disappointed. Here's hoping!

Doug, today, the information desk at Silversea answered the question on where reservations will be required on the Spirit:

Thank you for your e-mail! Yes all the speciality restaurants (including Stars Supper Club) will require reservations and Le Champagne and the Seishin will have a charge which will be advised.

Best Regards

Information Desk at Silversea

Wes; If you don't mind spending a bit of money the helicopter tour of Montserrat from Antigua is fantastic. Both Lynn and I really enjoyed it. The volcano was still very active at the time that we did it. They use a Bell Jet Ranger.

Been looking at the excursions but still owe over $1900 on the cruise and haven't booked air and hotel. Will make getting the rest paid a priority, we have till Sept 5. I was in the hospital a couple of days last week and am in recoup mode, and this cruise keeps lingering in my mind. I am looking more forward to it now that it doesn't seem like a million years off.

Todd loves the main dining, and getting him to the supper club and LT will be difficult enough, let alone Seishin. I hope I don't have to dine there alone just to report on it. He is not big on ethnic foods, though I am. I can't wait for the cruise, and I will be looking this fall for what on earth I am going to wear on New Year's. I am not a gown person, but now that I am out of plus size, perhaps I will get one. I keep hoping some of the holidayers will tell me the gammet of clothes worn on NYE.

Doug, thanks for the helicopter recommendation, tho the only Antigua excursions

now showing are; Overview (land) and Snorkel adventure...may do a two tank dive (but Antigua is not none for it's scuba diving). Debbie, hope u get todd u try the specialty

restaurants with you..and do go for the gown you deserve it! Had to hang up my mess dress when I retired 1 Jan, so just bought a dinner jacket with trinkets.

He will go wherever I put us, but even I feel like I am missing something when not in the main dining room. I don't get that feeling on Regent but do on Silversea. Everything is going to be so new on Spirit, and we have 11 nights, so we should squeeze things in.

Hi Debbie,

I have been on SS for the last two NYE celebrations - and will on the Spirit this year! So, looking forward to meeting you.

My recollection is that it is similar to other formal nights. There are some party hats, etc that one can put on (and horns to blow) but mostly people just wore "regular" formal night attire. Some short cocktail, some long, some sparkly/dressy pantsuits outfits. Of course, more tuxedos, but again, not everyone wore one and no one gave out dirty looks that I saw.

Just thinking about New Year's Eve is fun. It is hard to believe that this is now just a few months away!

Best, NJBelle

Latest news from Silversea on the Spirit on Twitter, rcvd 3 hours ago today:

SilverseaSilver Spirit departs Ancona 28Aug on first set of sea trials, sailing to Trieste for 1-week dry dock before embarking on final sea trials.

about 3 hours ago from web

Archived