Rumor about the Ecstasy!

Fighterone

Haven't heard that one - better replace her with something if it's true! My brother's got his wedding booked next December.

A newer ship would be pretty nice for us, as we have a cat 12 booked. I'd settle for any ship I haven't sailed on, I love sailing on all the different ships!

Heard today that they are pulling her from sailing some time next year...and I don't mean drydock. Is this true or just a rumor? If so, who might replace her for the much needed 4 and 5 day trips out of Galveston?

How reliable is the source of this rumor?

Cheers!

Not sure if this is what started the rumor or not.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MS_Ecstasy

"Evolutions of Fun"

As part of the program, Ecstasy will receive a new name. After it receives all of the refurbishments, it will be know as Carnival Ecstasy. All of the Fantasy class ships will have Carnival added to their current name, and the newer ships in the Carnival fleet enter service with "Carnival" as part of their name. Carnival considers the name change one of many ways they are bringing their Fantasy class ships up to modern cruise standards. As per the change, the name Ecstasy on the bow of the ship will be replaced with Carnival Ecstasy.

While its possible, it is fairly unlikely. I can't remember them ever retiring two ships in one year.

It is odd to think about, but once Holiday sails her last Carnival cruise a Fantasy class ship will be the next on the chopping block. They just don't seem that old!

Heard today that they are pulling her from sailing some time next year...and I don't mean drydock. Is this true or just a rumor? If so, who might replace her for the much needed 4 and 5 day trips out of Galveston?

Ecstacy is slated through April 2010 in Galveston. They might just be rotating ships in the future. A couple of years ago here in Tampa they rotated the Sensation out and brought the Inspiration in. They also rotated the Miracle out and brought the Legend in.

Gives cruisers that cruise from the same port often a change of pace...;)

Ecstacy is slated through April 2010 in Galveston. They might just be rotating ships in the future. A couple of years ago here in Tampa they rotated the Sensation out and brought the Inspiration in. They also rotated the Miracle out and brought the Legend in.

Gives cruisers that cruise from the same port often a change of pace...;)

.....I'm gonna miss Inspiration when she leaves. :( I just hope they keep a Fantasy class ship in Tampa doing short cruises. Although a new itinerary would be nice though huh?

.....I'm gonna miss Inspiration when she leaves. :( I just hope they keep a Fantasy class ship in Tampa doing short cruises. Although a new itinerary would be nice though huh?

I'm sure she'll be rotated one day. I like that ship too. I don't think they would ever pull a 4/5 nighter out of here. They always sail full plus. Your bachelors cruise is sold out by the way it looks like. Along with most others in January.

While its possible, it is fairly unlikely. I can't remember them ever retiring two ships in one year.

It is odd to think about, but once Holiday sails her last Carnival cruise a Fantasy class ship will be the next on the chopping block. They just don't seem that old!

Given the money they're spending on the Evolutions of Fun upgrades, and that Carnival has stated once the contracted new builds are done, they will not be building more ships, Fantasy class ships should be around for a while. They don't seem that old, although Fantasy will be 19 in 2009! I was very impressed with the Inspiration last month...they did a great job with the upgrades.

Given the money they're spending on the Evolutions of Fun upgrades, and that Carnival has stated once the contracted new builds are done, they will not be building more ships, Fantasy class ships should be around for a while. They don't seem that old, although Fantasy will be 19 in 2009! I was very impressed with the Inspiration last month...they did a great job with the upgrades.

That's sad :(

They better do a heck of a lot of great refurbs on the ships now in order to keep up with the lines that have more amenities. I'm not saying Oasis-like, heavens no.

But it would be nice to have a Carnival ship like Mariner or Adventure of the Seas in their fleet.

I don't want Carnival to die out and retire all of their ships, either :(

Have not heard of any other downtime other then the drydock - 9/19/09-10/16/09.

That's sad :(

They better do a heck of a lot of great refurbs on the ships now in order to keep up with the lines that have more amenities. I'm not saying Oasis-like, heavens no.

But it would be nice to have a Carnival ship like Mariner or Adventure of the Seas in their fleet.

I don't want Carnival to die out and retire all of their ships, either :(

I don't think the industry leader needs to keep up with anyone, when the other cruise lines are overspending to keep up with them.

As a harbinger of things to come, in addition to the evolutions of fun upgrades, the Sensation is to receive a number of cabin upgrades next year. There will be enlarged balconies for some cat 12's and quite a few cat 6's will have balconies added to make them cat 8's. The new deck plans can be seen at Carnival.com. With all the money that Carnival is spending upgrading the Fantasy Class, don't look for any of them to be retired anytime soon!

Just food for thought: Maritime Matters reported in Shipping News for Dec. 23 that Holiday will not be going to IberoCruceros as planned ...yet. Due to the economy. Have not seen it reported anywhere else. EM

No Holiday For HOLIDAY

December 23: In response to the global economic crisis, Carnival Cruise Lines have scrubbed their plans to transfer its oldest vessel, the 1985-built, 46,000 gt MV HOLIDAY to its Spanish subsidiary, Iberocruceros and will keep the ship in U.S.-based cruise service for the near future.

As a harbinger of things to come, in addition to the evolutions of fun upgrades, the Sensation is to receive a number of cabin upgrades next year. There will be enlarged balconies for some cat 12's and quite a few cat 6's will have balconies added to make them cat 8's. The new deck plans can be seen at Carnival.com. With all the money that Carnival is spending upgrading the Fantasy Class, don't look for any of them to be retired anytime soon!

I am very interested in seeing how these come out.

:D

• 2 weeks later...

I think you'll find when the "older" ships go in to dry dock Carnival is added to the front of the name. :) This was done to the Fantasy and others when they were in dry dock getting the upgrades. But I do agree I'd like to see a different ship come in to Galveston and do the 4-5 day if for no other reason that to sail on another CCL ship. After all isn't the goal to sail each one at least once? :p

• 2 weeks later...

I just spoke to Carnival and inquired about this rumor. The kind CS Representative, Jill, told me that the Ecstacy is due to be dry-docked in mid-September of 09. They will take away the children's wading pool, and convert the area into an adult (only) spa. So, as fary as she knew, the rumor is false.

Wow! I think you just made up my mind what cruise to book in March. I wasn't even looking at the Sensation, but have been dying to try out a balcony room. Suite's are out of our budget and a 7 day won't work during the school year for us. This is great I can finally get a balcony room :D I wish they would have done this on the other ships that have had the evolutions of fun upgrade. Hope this is successful for Carnival and they do it on the rest of the Fantasy class ships.

Archived