How safe is the ship's water?

feenix

Quick answer - YES!

Longer answer - Since the ships basically have a complete water treatment plant on board, and they create drinking water from sea water through reverse osmosis and/or distillation, the water is as good or better than most cities in the United States. Only problem - the water from the tap is not at all cold. In fact, its not even cool!

The water is fine to drink. It's also very, very "soft" (no minerals), so when using shampoo, use only about 1/4 of the normal amount, or you will be rinsing suds for DAYS!!!! Soaps and detergents will suds like crazy in soft water!

I agree with everyone. The water is very good. In fact, some friends who use CPAP machines use the water out of the tap instead of bringing on gallons of distilled water.

I've also found that I don't need conditioner on board. The water is so soft my hair feels softer than it does at home with conditioner.

I always found the water to be excellent on ships but you need some ice in it to be cold. While I am not a picky eater I'm definitely very picky about water since we have excellent source water here and never had a problem with ship water (and I sometimes have a problem with some bottled water).

I use the ship's water all the time and have no problem with it. I bring reusable water bottles and keep them in the fridge so they are nice and cool. My husband prefers using the water found at the buffet to the room water, though I can't tell any difference.

• Administrators
I use the ship's water all the time and have no problem with it. I bring reusable water bottles and keep them in the fridge so they are nice and cool. My husband prefers using the water found at the buffet to the room water, though I can't tell any difference.

And it's almost certain that the "buffet water" and the "room water" come from the same tank! You don't have to tell your DH that, though! :)

And it's almost certain that the "buffet water" and the "room water" come from the same tank! You don't have to tell your DH that, though! :)

I know, I know, I've tried telling him that, but he thinks that somehow the plumbing lines to the cabin make it taste 'off'. Like I said, I can't tell any difference at all.

I know, I know, I've tried telling him that, but he thinks that somehow the plumbing lines to the cabin make it taste 'off'. Like I said, I can't tell any difference at all.

The buffet water might be colder too.

Archived