Two Final (I hope) Questions

cruzndiz

Through all my months of research, investigation and chatting there are two topics that I have never seen addressed in any of the Regent Forums:

1. How is the spa as far as massages? Is it more like a "resort" spa where the massage itself is serviceable and their added incentive is to sell you product; or is it like a true day spa where you are getting a good massage therapist?

2. Do Regent pax decorate their cabin doors or are we too "sophisticated" for that?? :p I have always decorated my cabin door in the past for a couple of reasons -- 1) it's a conversation piece & the other pax always seem to love it (sometimes too much as I tend to have very few decorations left by the end of the cruise) and 2) it helps me to quickly spot MY cabin when they all look alike and I am wandering the hall bleary-eyed at 2 in the morning -- but then again, those are on mainstream lines.

Hope these answers will help!

1. Spa - I generally get at least two massage appointments per cruise and have never, ever been asked to buy anything. The quality of the massage varies, as it does everywhere, depending on the masseuse and her ability. But I have not yet had a bad one and some have been excellent!

2. I have never in 80 nights of cruising on Regent seen a cabin door decorated. So you might be starting a new trend, but it doesn't seem very "Regent" to me. What you do see on cabin doors all the time are the newspapers, and letters of invitation and messages to passengers. There is a sort of hook thing that they stick these behind.

Have a great cruise. Mariner is a wonderful ship! My only issue with her now is that it seems almost impossible to find a PH suite (our preference) with a bath rather than a shower.

I have also been on a number of Regent cruises.

The spa is just OK. Personally, I have found the quality to be not as good as the spas I go to at home but they are also not bad and it is a great way to use up your SBC, if you have some.

I have seen doors decorated but these seem to be when people are sailing as part of a larger group on board.

You will have a great cruise. Regent is a wonderful product.

I haven't used the spa on Regent (too busy on shore during the day!), but I can tell you I have never seen a decorated door and would be surprised if I did.

We have decorated our door for Christmas and New Year's on multiple cruises. In addition, we have had door signs on a number of other cruises. Some of the door decorations over the holidays have been absolutely fantastic; my favorite was a singing reindeer that started singing when someone walked by the door. Of course, they turned it off at night. :D

As someone else said, the spa is just OK. They do not pressure you to buy stuff at all, but I have had much better massages at home. That said, my husband threw his back out on the plane last year before the start of our cruise, and he had several massages aboard the ship. It was the only thing that kept him moving.

In over 40 nights on board, I have never seen a decorated door. But I have never been on board at Christmas. That would be the only time when I would consider decorating a door.

Linda, we have had our suite door decorated as part of small group (NC Cruz Queen made

them for all of us)...you're precisely right...does help you locate your suite door...I say go for it and decorate your suite door to your heart's delight...ps..believe on the WC they put bronze plates with WC'rs names on each door..r/wes

You can decorate your door. We have seen lots of them and

have had our door done.

Lots of times we are with a "group" and give a acronym to the cruise.

We can do that as long as we don't do any form of advertising for our

TA or travel company. Really helps in locating our fellow "groupies" LOL

Archived