Poll: What would you pay extra for?

Which of the following would you pay extra for (all are currently free)? Choose one.  

769 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following would you pay extra for (all are currently free)? Choose one.

• All-day lounge chair rental by the pool
    • Reserved front row seats in the show lounge
    • Priority room service delivery
    • Table for two in the main dining room
    • Priority disembarkation on port days
    • Multiple entrees or desserts at dinner
    • Late disembarkation on the last day of the cruise
    • In-room toiletry products
    • Something else -- I'll post below

Of course, photography is just one example. There are many others ... music, art, acting, crafts ... you name it. Sailings could have "themes" and passengers could either just attend the free lectures, or could choose to more thoroughly explore the topic via the enhanced program for an extra charge.

On recent RCCL cruises the following have been offered (FREE)

1. Piano lessons (admittedly, it would have to be very basic).:)

2. Adult ice skating lessons.

3. Acting (improv).

Besides, like at least one other poster on this thread has mentioned, I'm already paying for some items that I rarely use and some I never use.

Interesting comment to use AGAINST so-called "nickle & diming" since this is the very argument I and others make against so-called "all-inclusive" pricing. We can't have it both ways, folks.

Edited by petesweet

We just completed our 23rd cruise. We have cruised RCCL, Celebrity, Holland, Princess, NCL, and Renaissance. RCCL lost us forever when their dining room fare became a shared table salad, no more veal... RCCL cannot compete when they change the nature of cruising.

:confused: We thought the table salad was very nice--served up by our wait staff. What makes that a step down? And we had veal last month.

Princess has an adults-only-on-deck retreat called the Sanctuary. It cost about $20/day and you get your own chaise lounge and wellness cuisine. Its near a pool on a quiet part of the ship. Apparently, it is quite popular.

Pearl

Edited by Pearlbill

I would be willing to pay an extra fee for permission to have a set/limited/pre-approved amount of alcohol in my cabin for my consumption there, even if I had to purchase the alcohol from RCCL...

NCL does offer a bar set up-it is like $60 and you need to order before the last week before your cruise. So as long as you order it 8 days before, you can do it.

The only thing I would or do pay extra for is the coke card for the kids, dinner at Portofinos If they offered it I would buy some type of drink of the day card. Just maybe one a day?

My husband lets the kids do Ben and Jerrys multiple times (I don'tunderstand when there is IC in the windjammer.)

• 2 months later...

I read in my Celebrity Captain's Club newsletter that they may be offering alcohol packages such as house wines, frozen drinks, or beer much like they do for the soda packages. It didn't list the price but it sounds interesting. I might pay extra for the convenience of having a glass of wine whenever I want it without having to justify paying for it on a per glass basis. Would anyone else be interested in such a package?

None of the Above for me too. I would NOT pay extra for any of these things and will probably leave cruising behind if they start charging for such things.

Let's don't give the cruise lines any encouragement to add more charges!

I wouldn't pay extra for any of those choices. We cruise because we feel it is the best value in a vacation. If the lines continue adding surcharges, it may no longer be the same value for us. That would be a very sad day!

I wouldn't pay extra for any of those choices. We cruise because we feel it is the best value in a vacation. If the lines continue adding surcharges, it may no longer be the same value for us. That would be a very sad day!

I agree.

Our family used to regularly stay at island and mountain resorts, which were all inclusive (meals and activities). We stopped frequenting these resorts once they made them, b&b or room only, with food and most activities extra, as we prefer all inclusive costs.

Like most of the others, I would not pay extra for anything either. Although cruising has become more affordable, it is not by any means cheap. Especially if you have a large family. Let's not talk about the price of the excursions. For the price that we pay for the cruise and the excursions, a few free toiletries and letting me stay on the ship a little longer if I need to is the least the cruise line can do.

I voted for the Pool Side Lounge Chairs. I think that if people had to pay say $2.00 an hour for a poolside lounger then there would be less of these Chair Hog Freaks who go out at 6am to "reserve" a whole line of chairs that they may never actually use.

Here's how it could work:

The loungers directly in front of the pool are $2.00 per hour to use. The rest are still free. All you have to do is sign in with a pool attendant and they assign you a chair. So, by paying you get the best spot at the pool. When you are done you sign out with the pool attendant and get a receipt of your time there.

I think less people would be willing to just leave there stuff there and go do whatever for however long if they knew they were paying for it.

I'm the one who will give up my chair if I'm going to be in the pool! I watch all those others who leave the one poor person there to guard the chairs and never use them all day long...........amazing! I feel sorry for the pool police too.......How bout video cameras!!!! Maybe then they won't hog if there's proof of non-use! LOL Tho a little bigger pool area would be great too since the ships are getting bigger and better......SIGH What to do,

What to do! Maybe a $2.00 fee would not be bad..................IMHO to.

• 5 years later...