Possible CC Cruise to Alaska??

kellywhitehills

So, after reading as many of the posts as I thought necessary.

Knowing that your Group was first going out of Vanc. BC, but now out of Seattle.

Do you still have a group going?

I see it is only $35pp to get on Amtrak out of Vanc. to Seattle

Not sure what the Carnival might offer...

And this could be a trip of a life time, with the Glacier Bay included.

The only cruise I have ever been on was the Spirit last Nov.

I only heard other cruisers saying what a beautiful ship she is...I agree

If we go on her, I want my same Cabin guy too! Constantin, He was wonderful!

Only I will be with the hubby, so we will be looking into an Ocean view or Balcony, depending on price.

So, do you still have a group or what?

We would be looking at 2 cabins, as My sister and hubby will be wanting to cruise too.

Hi Koval,

I love traveling by train and definately plan on getting a group together!..I am just waiting to here from Laura about the group pricing!

Hi Koval,

I love traveling by train and definately plan on getting a group together!..I am just waiting to here from Laura about the group pricing!

Me too! Only traveled NB in the past from Seattle to Vancouver and it was an awesome trip!

In the town of White Rock - just over the Canadian border there must have been 100 eagles on the beach feeding (the last week in May).

Me too! Only traveled NB in the past from Seattle to Vancouver and it was an awesome trip!

In the town of White Rock - just over the Canadian border there must have been 100 eagles on the beach feeding (the last week in May).

Traveling by Train is just awesome...When we went to Australia 6 years ago we traveled by Planes Trains and Bus..The train travel was the best!..So I am thinking traveling by train from Vancouver to Seattle would be a big plus!

Traveling by Train is just awesome...When we went to Australia 6 years ago we traveled by Planes Trains and Bus..The train travel was the best!..So I am thinking traveling by train from Vancouver to Seattle would be a big plus!

Wow, I have always wanted to travel to Australia :)

I hope you hear from Laura soon. This is a little later in the season than I would like to travel and the first full day at sea is not great....but it could still be a awesome trip!

Hi Koval,

I love traveling by train and definitely plan on getting a group together!..I am just waiting to here from Laura about the group pricing!

Ok, well I have the thread subscription, and I will be checking in often to see what comes of this group. I am on the boards most days, chating on the Dream Catchers thread. In case anyone is intrested, there is a group cruise being planned going out of Orlando, Feb 20th 2010, and the $25 Deposit has been extended into April now.

Here's the links...

USE THIS LINK TO FIND THE DREAM CATCHERS GROUP PRICING AND BOOKING INFORMATION, DISCOUNTS AND MORE! GO AHEAD! CAPTURE YOUR DREAM!!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=569

USE THIS LINK TO JOIN OUR CHAT THREAD ON THE MAIN CARNIVAL BOARD!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...1#post18020853

Hi Kelly,

I guess I read the same grapevine. If my group is not a go in May, then your group is my next choice, hope that is Ok with you; and you don't mind me reading your thread. I want a group where I can be involved and have a great cruise with some great people. Also since this would be my first trip to Alaska, you have made it sound wonderful, the train also sounds like fun. Marie, I love your signature!

. Marie, I love your signature!

Thanks, the photo of that wonderful little boy looking for the ship, is my Grandson last week at the park, His mom is saving her pennies for a family cruise on the Oasis 2011 (Reunion cruise for those of us who were on the Spirit last Nov.) Anyway, when I saw it, I had to post it in my siggy. If you are talking about the slide show, that is the Carnival Dream, many of us from the Spirit cruise are doing a pre reunion on her, but the people photos are of us on the Spirit. She is a beautiful ship. My only cruise so I might not know any better, but it sure was fun, nice, clean, overwhelming beautiful, the staff wonderful and sweet. THE BEST CRUISE EVER!

Hi Kelly,

I guess I read the same grapevine. If my group is not a go in May, then your group is my next choice, hope that is Ok with you; and you don't mind me reading your thread. I want a group where I can be involved and have a great cruise with some great people. Also since this would be my first trip to Alaska, you have made it sound wonderful, the train also sounds like fun. Marie, I love your signature!

Both of my previous Alaska cruises have been the last of May into early June. It is a great time to sail. Early May might be a bit too soon though - are you looking at the May 10 sailing?

Yes, I put in a group listing with Laura about 2 weeks ago for May 11, 2010 but like all of us I am still waiting to hear. I notices the reates are better in May and Sept. Also a lot I have read says that May is a great time to see animals and nature.

My husband and I are interested in this cruise. I've posted on Dennis' thread too. No one has pricing yet and it's killing me. I'd like to book this as a surprise for my husband. I can't even look for airfare until I have a date in mind. We live in FL so driving to Seattle will not be an option. We'll keep hanging on....:o

My husband and I are interested in this cruise. I've posted on Dennis' thread too. No one has pricing yet and it's killing me. I'd like to book this as a surprise for my husband. I can't even look for airfare until I have a date in mind. We live in FL so driving to Seattle will not be an option. We'll keep hanging on....:o

The thread has been quiet and maybe Kelly will hear something today.

Airfare for the June option won't be available until July and for this one we will be waiting until October....so, who knows what deals will be out there :confused:

The thread has been quiet and maybe Kelly will hear something today.

Airfare for the June option won't be available until July and for this one we will be waiting until October....so, who knows what deals will be out there :confused:

OK here it is..

Here are the rates for the Carnival Spirit sailing September 7, 2010

Inside 4B $630 per person

Balcony 8B $1,000 per person

Suite 11 $1,745 per person

Please call for any other category of interest that is not listed here

Third and Fourth passenger rates SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME UNTIL SECURED

WITH DEPOSIT

Inside 4B $380 per person

Balcony 8B $440 per person

Suite 11 $570 per person

A reduced deposit of $25 per person is available for double occupancy,

guarantee cabins. The full per person deposit of $350 is required for all

single, triple, quad and suite categories. The second deposit of $325 per

person is due for those who book at the reduced deposit on March 12, 2010.

The final payment for the group is due May 28, 2010. There is a $50

cancellation penalty per cabin.

Amenities

$100 OBC

Champagne and Chocolates

Cruise Critic Lanyards (or similar) One Per Person

Cruise Critic Magnets (or similar) One Per Stateroom

Additonal 15% discount on other Cruise Critic Logo Items

I am still aiting for the info on where to book??

SOOOOO....WHO IS GOING??..OH and we need a name!

Kelly

Wow, Kelly this is great! I'm booking :D

I assume we should be contacting Johna???

HI LINDA!

Yup Johna...There are a few problems with our CC home page...We need a catchy name..i was thinking something like Spirited Away to Glacier Bay...I liked your Spirited away suggestion...:)

But we now need a group name..Since this in the only Carnival Glacial sailing for 2010...Maybe the name should incorporate that??

heres a link to the group page http://www.cruisecritic.com/interests/groups.cfm?ID=189

We have cabin 4228 booked..Covered corner aft wrap!

Kelly

HI LINDA!

Yup Johna...There are a few problems with our CC home page...We need a catchy name..i was thinking something like Spirited Away to Glacier Bay...I liked your Spirited away suggestion...:)

But we now need a group name..Since this in the only Carnival Glacial sailing for 2010...Maybe the name should incorporate that??

heres a link to the group page http://www.cruisecritic.com/interests/groups.cfm?ID=189

We have cabin 4228 booked..Covered corner aft wrap!

Kelly

Okay, I sent Johna an email and I will follow up by phone tomorrow (I work from home on Fridays). This is so exciting :D

Spirited Away to Glacier Bay is a great theme! Or maybe Spiriting Away To Glacier Bay is the right way to say that????

A group name may be a bit harder. I'll start thinking about that.....

Congrats on the corner wrap! I'll going to book an 8B guarantee :)

Okay, I sent Johna an email and I will follow up by phone tomorrow (I work from home on Fridays). This is so exciting :D

Spirited Away to Glacier Bay is a great theme! Or maybe Spiriting Away To Glacier Bay is the right way to say that????

A group name may be a bit harder. I'll start thinking about that.....

Congrats on the corner wrap! I'll going to book an 8B guarantee :)

Yeah Spiriting Away is better..

We had a few names..Passage Posse, Glacier Gawkers, Glacier Gliders...Just a few to throw out there..:)

OK here it is..

Here are the rates for the Carnival Spirit sailing September 7, 2010

Inside 4B $630 per person

Balcony 8B $1,000 per person

Suite 11 $1,745 per person

Please call for any other category of interest that is not listed here

Third and Fourth passenger rates SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME UNTIL SECURED

WITH DEPOSIT

Inside 4B $380 per person

Balcony 8B $440 per person

Suite 11 $570 per person

A reduced deposit of $25 per person is available for double occupancy,

guarantee cabins. The full per person deposit of $350 is required for all

single, triple, quad and suite categories. The second deposit of $325 per

person is due for those who book at the reduced deposit on March 12, 2010.

The final payment for the group is due May 28, 2010. There is a $50

cancellation penalty per cabin.

Amenities

$100 OBC

Champagne and Chocolates

Cruise Critic Lanyards (or similar) One Per Person

Cruise Critic Magnets (or similar) One Per Stateroom

Additonal 15% discount on other Cruise Critic Logo Items

I am still aiting for the info on where to book??

SOOOOO....WHO IS GOING??..OH and we need a name!

Kelly

That is great Kelly, now just to make sure I still have a job. (it was twicked yesterday) I now have to wait and see what is going on. How long did Johna give you for the $25 deposit? and did I read that right, is this an 8 day cruise?

and we did not get pricing for an oceanview huh, well, that is just a phone call to find out right. Once I know what is going on with my job, I will look into finding out that answer. Thanks for your hard work in trying to get this going. I love the theme, and will get back to you all as soon as I know something, or before, cause I like to chat on the boards too.

Archived