Possible CC Cruise to Alaska??

kellywhitehills

Hubby and I are planning an Alaska trip for 2010 but we would rather go out of Vancouver. If the itinerary stays in Vancouver, we would be interested as well. We might take our two kids too. We were thinking July since its our 20th anniversary but would go with September as well.

The cruises will be round trip out of Seattle. They won't be able to leave from Seattle and return to Vancouver.

If this is what's happening, then I won't be doing this group cruise. :( I live in Victoria, so I don't want to stop here on a cruise and, secondly, I don't want to cruise along the East coast of Vancouver Island. It is a much better cruise, IMHO, sailing from Vancouver.

I was so hoping it was going to be a second Carnival ship doing an Alaska route. Oh well, guess I'll just have to plan a Carnival cruise somewhere else or an Alaska cruise on another line that does round trips out of Vancouver.

The way I read it the Sept 7 cruise would leave from Seattle and return to Vancouver.

Yes, I was just reading that! I don't like the sound of leaving from Seattle and returning to Vancouver.....:(

Could be a lot of sailing in the outside passage shipping lanes.

I dont like it that they are not cruising Glacier Bay..Tracey Arm just isnt worth cruising by big ship..Only 25% get close enough to see the Sawyer Glaciers..There are better Alaskan itineraries in my opinion..And if this is the choice we wont be going..:(

You can remove us from the list. I think we will be doing an extended family cruise in May/June time frame so we won't be able to do Alaska in Sep 2010. I really want to do Alaska someday... it will stay on my list.

Thanks though. You guys have a great time!

Carnival's announcement has put a major stick in the wheel as we are not interested in sailing out of Seattle and would prefer to go the full distance or B2B. Glacier Bay is a much better option and I'm sure their decision was soley based on $$$. I've sent a letter in regards to their choice but do not expect a response. Time to look at other options for next year. Thanks for the effort as we can also be removed from the list.

"Prior to the start-up of the new program, Carnival Spirit will operate two special voyages – a six-day Inside Passage voyage from Vancouver to Seattle departing May 5, 2010 and a seven-day Glacier Bay cruise from Seattle to Vancouver Sept. 7, 2010. Both voyages include a cruise through the Inside Passage along with port calls at Juneau, Skagway and Ketchikan; and the seven-day cruise also includes a day of cruising in spectacular Glacier Bay."

Looks like the one we want may have Glacier Bay. I read a post earlier that someone was able to book it already through their TA

"Prior to the start-up of the new program, Carnival Spirit will operate two special voyages – a six-day Inside Passage voyage from Vancouver to Seattle departing May 5, 2010 and a seven-day Glacier Bay cruise from Seattle to Vancouver Sept. 7, 2010. Both voyages include a cruise through the Inside Passage along with port calls at Juneau, Skagway and Ketchikan; and the seven-day cruise also includes a day of cruising in spectacular Glacier Bay."

Looks like the one we want may have Glacier Bay. I read a post earlier that someone was able to book it already through their TA

HUMM....Would you all still be interested in the Glacier Bay cruise??Going out of Seattle and retuning to Vancouver??I beliueve it would still be possible to book r/t air out of Seattle...Glacier Bay would be the only cruise we would be interested in...

HUMM....Would you all still be interested in the Glacier Bay cruise??Going out of Seattle and retuning to Vancouver??I beliueve it would still be possible to book r/t air out of Seattle...Glacier Bay would be the only cruise we would be interested in...

I might still be interested, but if the route they take after leaving Seattle is along the East coast of Vancouver Island, I'm not so sure about it (not as scenic IMHO and too much of a chance of rougher seas). Ending in Vancouver would be fine and still going to Glacier Bay would also be good.

Maybe 2 more (1 cabin) though I've become confused by which itinerary is the front runner now:confused:. September is fine, either r/t or 1-way is okay, Vancouver or Seattle is not a deal breaker, BUT we really want an itinerary that includes Sitka -- this will be our 4th Alaska cruise (why yes, we ARE addicted -- thanks for asking!) but we've missed Sitka each time due to weather or port changes.

So here's a definite MAYBE for Becca and Fran!!

Becca

I think I read that Spirit will be doing 17 roundtrips out of Seattle next year. As in 2010. And that is what we were thinking about...mercy, havne't made it there once, and ready to go again. Its CC that has done it to me!! I will subscribe to this thread and see what comes up.

I just booked one of those cruises. ive been waiting for carnival to sail out of seattle. hope you folks end up on the same cruise, ive been on 2 alaskan cruises with ncl and they were very subdued. so we need some partiers on 05/11/10

Tue, Sep 7Seattle, Washington -- 4:00 pm Wed, Sep 8At Sea -- -- Thu, Sep 9Juneau, Alaska 2:00 pm 11:00 pm Fri, Sep 10Cruise Glacier Bay -- -- Sat, Sep 11Skagway, Alaska 7:00 am 4:30 pm Sun, Sep 12Ketchikan, Alaska 11:00 am 7:00 pm Mon, Sep 13Cruise Inside Passage -- -- Tue, Sep 14Vancouver, British Columbia 7:00 am --

Tue, Sep 7Seattle, Washington -- 4:00 pm Wed, Sep 8At Sea -- -- Thu, Sep 9Juneau, Alaska 2:00 pm 11:00 pm Fri, Sep 10Cruise Glacier Bay -- -- Sat, Sep 11Skagway, Alaska 7:00 am 4:30 pm Sun, Sep 12Ketchikan, Alaska 11:00 am 7:00 pm Mon, Sep 13Cruise Inside Passage -- -- Tue, Sep 14Vancouver, British Columbia 7:00 am --

I have emailed Laura and asked her to please look into group pricing for this cruise...Hopefully she will get back to me today or tomorrow..

its a bummer that so many are dismissing a seattle to seattle cruise due to the glacier bay thing. Ive seen it twice, and after the first it became a been there done that experience, but doing an excursion out of one of the ports where you literally fly right over the glacier is priceless. in fact my pilot said for an extra fee he would land up there, I said no way to that. Its a long way back if something went wrong.

is it just me, but that itenerary shows leaving seattle and ending in vancouver. is that really considered a round trip? not in my book

They stated in their announcment that the first and last cruisees would sail out of Seattle and back into Vancouver, sailing Glacier Bay.

Archived