Possible CC Cruise to Alaska??

kellywhitehills

I have only been in touch with Laura from CC...She said we have enough interest just have to wait for pricing...I dont think we can become OFFICIAL until we have the pricing..Least thats my understanding!.SOO we just sit and wait!..:)

yep that's how it works, so I guess we are waiting on Carnival then. okiedokie. I'll put on my waiting cap.

Wow, nice picture! :D

I have never sailed up Tracy Lynn Arm to Sawyer Glacier. From what I have read you were lucky to get that close! Must have been a late season sailing?

Actually that was from our SB cruise we took..We went with Adventure Bound on a small boat..The closer we got to the Glacier the more ice was in the water..They actually had to push ice away from the boat with poles..It looked like we were floating in a big slushie...I think the whole trip was about 8 hours long..It was THE BEST THING WE DID out of both the cruises we took..:)

Kelly

Actually that was from our SB cruise we took..We went with Adventure Bound on a small boat..The closer we got to the Glacier the more ice was in the water..They actually had to push ice away from the boat with poles..It looked like we were floating in a big slushie...I think the whole trip was about 8 hours long..It was THE BEST THING WE DID out of both the cruises we took..:)

Kelly

And I thought you just had a great zoom lens on your camera :p I have heard about Adventure Bound so if I ever get the chance to do that trip I will!!

I would be interested in this too but can't commit just yet. Is there any advantage to being a CC group?? Have you definitely decided on Sept? vs July? We would need 1 cabin for 2 (maybe 3 if dd joins us)

We are looking at Round Trip out of Vancouver in Sept...Its a really scenic cruise!

Kelly

So Carnival has started to release their schedule through April 2011.

Maybe the Alaska schedule is next :D

I wonder why they are so slow releasing the Alaska dates..Maybe they are not slow we are just all anxious..Our group reminds me of the Mervyns commercial with the lady at the window saying OPEN! OPEN! OPEN!...

Kelly

I would be interested in this too but can't commit just yet. Is there any advantage to being a CC group?? Have you definitely decided on Sept? vs July? We would need 1 cabin for 2 (maybe 3 if dd joins us)

I would think the benefits would be a lower deposit and a possible on board credit..Maybe a break in the price..I am just guessing as I have never partcipated in a group cruise before..Maybe some of the more experienced group cruisers could shed some light!

kellywhitehills 2 cabins

Cobraman 3 couples

Luckysll

Maryandlady

CruisefromNY

Deborhjo

Caltexan 3 couples

Nuttycruisegirl

Elaina91801

cruisekwazee

HeidenLauren 2 maybe 3 cabins

Daiseygirl55

Kimmimom

Letue

Idlenote 2 cabins

MexicoVic

MargaritavilleMomma 2 cabins

iamausmcmom

tbtma

JBDigitalPhoto

dafuser

Gizzie (Art)

Nic624

vegasvick

CruisnMom007

Bill and ETA

Crazycath

dl7005 2 cabins

sixgun and chevellet

careyr24

cruisers5 2 cabins

Juscaus

Leelee9878

woodfaerie

wdowns9

cruisinRNfromDenver

medic834 (6-8cabins)

CruiseElf

Morganboys

momtoCCC

BCFD2357 2 cabins

With a group cruise there are several advantages.....

One is usually a lower deposit of $25 per person. For example, if the normal deposit for a cruise is $300, when you call to book the group cruise, you book a guaranteed category, pay $25 and then a couple of months later (and before the final payment date) you make a second payment and pay $275, which is the balance of the deposit. Only if you want a specific cabin at the time you call (or are a solo cruiser) do you pay the full deposit at the beginning.

Another advantage is that the group leader picks some amenities for everyone based on the number of cabins in the group. All sorts of things are available, like an OBC, a private cocktail party or chocolate strawberries and champagne in your cabin, etc. Check out some of the official group cruises out there already to find out what they offer to give you an idea.

Most of the group cruises also organize some group events like a cabin/poker crawl or group excursions.

I have always wanted to do an Alaskan Cruise. Count me in. I can't believe I just found this thread.

YEAH!!!! Welcome to the group!!!

kellywhitehills 2 cabins

Cobraman 3 couples

Luckysll

Maryandlady

CruisefromNY

Deborhjo

Caltexan 3 couples

Nuttycruisegirl

Elaina91801

cruisekwazee

HeidenLauren 2 maybe 3 cabins

Daiseygirl55

Kimmimom

Letue

Idlenote 2 cabins

MexicoVic

MargaritavilleMomma 2 cabins

iamausmcmom

tbtma

JBDigitalPhoto

dafuser

Gizzie (Art)

Nic624

vegasvick

CruisnMom007

Bill and ETA

Crazycath

dl7005 2 cabins

sixgun and chevellet

careyr24

cruisers5 2 cabins

Juscaus

Leelee9878

woodfaerie

wdowns9

cruisinRNfromDenver

medic834 (6-8cabins)

CruiseElf

Morganboys

momtoCCC

BCFD2357 2 cabins

barbmac

DH and I are already planning to go to Alaska 2010. Booked on NCL Star(?) anways so count us in and we may change once the dates/prices come out.

I am hopeing the prices come out soon!...The waiting is killing me!

For you Deadliest Catch Fans...The Sea Star in Ketchikan

2247216330041872668S600x600Q85.jpg

Archived