Possible CC Cruise to Alaska??

kellywhitehills

DH & I are interested. Been looking at Alaska but haven't had the time to do the research to see which is the best itinerary/time to go.

Wendy,

Do you plan on doing a land portion??Or just a cruise??Are Glaciers a priority??

This cruise we are hopeing to book here will be a R/T out of Vancover, BC..It will be cheaper for airfare and towards the end of the cruise season in Alaska so we should see better cruise fares..It will be more scenic cruising and will include the Inside Passage and Glacier Bay..Ports will be Juneau, Ketchikan and Skagway. The whales will be there in abundance, bears will still be out, salmon will still be running..Shopping was fantastic! Lots of steals and deals..The weather will probably be a mixture of clouds and rain though you never know what its going to be..Last year in Sept we had lots of sunshine and just a smattering of drizzle..

If you were planning on doing a pre or post land tour you should consider a NB or SB cruise..on Carnival that would include College Fjords, inside passage, Juneau, Sitka, Ketchikan and Skagway..

You can put me in for 2 people if you do the Sept. R/T.

Excellent!

kellywhitehills 2 cabins

Cobraman 3 couples

Luckysll

Maryandlady

CruisefromNY

Deborhjo

Caltexan 3 couples

Nuttycruisegirl

Elaina91801

cruisekwazee

HeidenLauren 2 maybe 3 cabins

Daiseygirl55

Kimmimom

Letue

Idlenote 2 cabins

MexicoVic

MargaritavilleMomma 2 cabins

iamausmcmom

tbtma

JBDigitalPhoto

dafuser

Gizzie (Art)

Nic624

vegasvick

CruisnMom007

Bill and ETA

Crazycath

dl7005 2 cabins

sixgun and chevellet

careyr24

cruisers5 2 cabins

Juscaus

Leelee9878

woodfaerie

wdowns9

cruisinRNfromDenver

medic834 (6-8cabins)

CruiseElf

Morganboys

momtoCCC

BCFD2357 2 cabins

barbmac

Scanner219

WendyVF

Kelly- I think for our first Alaska trip we want to do a round trip to get the feel of it. We'd love to do a one way with the land but think we will wait until we don't need to find a 2 week babysitter for the kids. September is find with us. I'd really like to be able to do a balcony cabin since I'm guessing there will be much more scenery than on a Caribbean trip.

I'd done some research awhile back and at that time it seemed cheapear to fly into Seattle and take the train to Vancouver. Since we'd be coming cross country, we'd come a few days early anyway. Any insight on this?

Kelly- I think for our first Alaska trip we want to do a round trip to get the feel of it. We'd love to do a one way with the land but think we will wait until we don't need to find a 2 week babysitter for the kids. September is find with us. I'd really like to be able to do a balcony cabin since I'm guessing there will be much more scenery than on a Caribbean trip.

I'd done some research awhile back and at that time it seemed cheapear to fly into Seattle and take the train to Vancouver. Since we'd be coming cross country, we'd come a few days early anyway. Any insight on this?

A RT Alaska itinerary from Vancouver provides non-stop awesome views :D Especially around midnight when you pass through Seymore Narrows!

Flying into Seattle is a lot cheaper from FL too so I will no doubt do the train to Vancouver again. It is a beautiful ride along the coast. Some people take the bus transfers but I really liked the train. Last time that I sailed from Vancouver it was a NB cruise to Whittier so I guess I better check into the best way back to Seattle post cruise.....

Did you guys see the thread today about Carnival using Seattle instead of Vancouver starting in 2010? That will change things a little bit.

Yes, I was just reading that! I don't like the sound of leaving from Seattle and returning to Vancouver.....:(

Could be a lot of sailing in the outside passage shipping lanes.

Yes, I was just reading that! I don't like the sound of leaving from Seattle and returning to Vancouver.....:(

Could be a lot of sailing in the outside passage shipping lanes.

The cruises will be round trip out of Seattle. They won't be able to leave from Seattle and return to Vancouver.

If this is what's happening, then I won't be doing this group cruise. :( I live in Victoria, so I don't want to stop here on a cruise and, secondly, I don't want to cruise along the East coast of Vancouver Island. It is a much better cruise, IMHO, sailing from Vancouver.

I was so hoping it was going to be a second Carnival ship doing an Alaska route. Oh well, guess I'll just have to plan a Carnival cruise somewhere else or an Alaska cruise on another line that does round trips out of Vancouver.

Archived