Spanx, what size

henepup

I was at Lane Bryant the other day looking at the Spanx. I tried to ask the sales lady what size to get, she was too busy. So I will ask you: Do you go with the size it states on the back of the package, or do you get one size smaller or larger?

Thanks

Henepup

Try them on (over underwear, of course!) before you buy them! You don't want to smooth one area, and have the excess "pop up" somewhere else!

Do you think that the store would let you try them on? I guess that I never thought about it because they are in a package, that sounds like a great idea!!

Thanks

Henepup

Do you think that the store would let you try them on? I guess that I never thought about it because they are in a package, that sounds like a great idea!!

Thanks

Henepup

I don't see why they wouldn't. You'd try them on the same way you do a swimsuit (over your panties.) I got mine from a kiosk in the mall and the saleslady told me to take them home and try them on over my underwear. If I needed a different size or would prefer a different style, she said I could bring them back and she would exchange them. I got the "Hide and Sleek" panty, which offers lighter control than some of the others (I want to be comfortable!), and I purchased it according to their size scale. It was perfect! It just gives you a smoother look but is not too restricting. It's made of moisture wicking material as well, so it feels cool and comfortable, which will be important in the Caribbean! :D

Good luck and let us know how you do!

I always size up one sizefrom what the package says. My friend does the same. We get a good fit (comfortable, no bulges) but still have plenty of control.

Thats what a girl at work said. Thanks

Henepup

With Spanx I always size up - OTOH, the Assets brand which is the cheaper label made by the same manufacturer and sold through Target runs true to size - go figure. I do find that Spanx holds up better though.

I also sized up - tried on the size the package said I should wear and it was WAYYYYYYYYY too tight and very uncomfortable. Tried the next size up and it was fine -they really work but I don't find them comfortable - of course I bought the one that goes from right above my knee up to the bra - it actually fastens on to your bra. I wore mine once under a gown and never again so in effect, I wasted my money. But they DO work - at my age I guess I am more into comfort than fashion! (Lordy, I think that is a REAL sign that I am getting old!)

I would advise you to go to the Spanx website, get their customer service phone number and call them. Ask for a person who can help you with fit advice.

This is a board with people who buy various styles of the product because of different body issues. So, for example, if your concern is hips, and someone else's is their waist, then their advice may not be relevant or helpful for you.

I bought mine on eBay - unopened package. I bought panties only - I just wanted what a control-top pantyhose would do, without the hose.

But never I wore them because the dresses I wound up taking were full enough around the hips that the control/contrictiveness weren't necessary. So, I was glad I had only paid a fraction of retail. We have another cruise scheduled & a wedding later this year. I'm sure I'll use them at some point.

I had based sizing on the chart at Spanx's website; I think I bought true size or maybe 1 up. I know I didn't go smaller. Better to be able to get into it than not. :D

I just bought mine yesterday (I haven't tried them on yet), but the sales lady told me that they would be very tight the first time I put them on, but they will stretch out a little to fit your body correctly. She said you shouldn't buy a larger size because they may not fit properly once they have stretched out a little.

Thanks

Henepup

They should have some that are not in the package to try on. Do go with the bigger rather than the smaller! Those babies are snug!

I finally tried on the ones I bought last weekend and I ended up taking them back for a smaller size. I was on the edge of 2 sizes and went with the larger - I needed to smaller. I don't feel like it is too tight, in fact it was fairly comfortable...

Archived