Swimsuits in the off-season

newcruiser30

Hi!

We live in Michigan and are planning a cruise to the Caribbean in mid-march. Obviously, you can't find any swimsuits around this state this time of year. Do any of you have any good website recommendations for purchasing swimwear?

Thanks!:)

Target.com Go to the clearance section. I purchased 3 2-piece bikinis at under 20 bucks. And then 2 weeks later I purchased 4 dresses, 2 shirts, and 1 clutch in under 50. If anything, I'm glad its the off-season. You wouldn't be able to get the things in such ridiculously low prices otherwise :)

Wear last years! No one has seen them! If you shop for swimwear online, leave yourself plenty of time for returns....not all will fit on the 1st try! Swimsuits really have to be "tried on"..

Isn't there a mall near you that has a swimwear store? (Sand and Surf, Sea and Sand....something like that?) Those stores carry swimwear all year round.

Try Everything But Water. They are a swimsuit store that has several locations in Michigan. You can also shop online. They carry quite a large selection of different swimsuits lines. They are a top quality store and their swimsuits are fabulous. Some of the lines they carry: Becca, Betsy Johnson, Ed Hardy, Jantzen, Michael Kors, Miraclesuit, Tommy Bahama, and Trina Turk.

They also have suits for fuller figured women. It's really a very nice store. I should know...I have 14 suits from them! :) My local store knows me personally!:eek::D

I live in Florida so we always have swimsuits. But theres usually a store in the mall that someone stated earlier, think they nationwide, Everything but water... but they very pricey. You might also check any surf shops you have in your area. Pac Sun and such, they usually always have some available.

I buy from Lands End. Only suits I can find that fit me reasonably well. And if they don't, I can return them to Sears and not have to pay the return shipping.

Ditto. I also like that I can order multiple sizes, try them at home, and then return the extras at our local Sears. Because I've worn their suits for so many years, I also know which of their styles is likely to fit well and look decent on me. (Although I've been disappointed the past 2 years that they haven't had many choices in my favorite styles and colors. I really look lousy in brown, olive, orange, and yellow, which seemed to be the primary colors last season.)

beachchick

Hi!

We live in Michigan and are planning a cruise to the Caribbean in mid-march. Obviously, you can't find any swimsuits around this state this time of year. Do any of you have any good website recommendations for purchasing swimwear?

Thanks!:)

I had this problem last year. We were cruising in March and I had lost some weight and was desperate! Needless to say, bathing suits are hard to find in WV in the middle of January. However, I discovered that come the first of February, they were in all of the stores, including Penneys, Macys, Target, etc. If you wait just a couple of weeks, I'll bet you can find one locally and not have to order on line. I would never dream of buying a bathing suit without trying it on :eek:

I see you live in mid-Michigan, but I live in the Detroit area and all the Targets around here have had their swimsuits out for weeks and they have good selection of bikinis, tankinis, and one-pieces. I know, I was desperate too, needing a new suit for our Feb. cruise--and I scored at Target. Target's are the best prices I've found of the other stores mentioned that already have their suits out. They've also had the most suits out of all the stores I've been too (and I've been to Kohl's, Macy's, Sears, Parisian, A&E, H&M, Old Navy, ok I could go on but like I said, I was desperate too!) Good luck!

Archived