CC'ers March 6th SJU

ohmiss

We're in for lunch at the Sheraton as well.

Enjoying the snow FT, zqvol and DJ's DH? If it's any consolation it is raining here in Aruba right now.

FT is like you DJ out of pocket so to speak . . unfortunately hers is for work and not lying in the sun:D

FT is like you DJ out of pocket so to speak . . unfortunately hers is for work and not lying in the sun:D

Brought some sun and warm temperatures home for you zqvol! Oh yeah ... I have a good head start on my tan:p

FT ... what do you need in terms of info for our preboarding gathering other than a few tiaras:D

Brought some sun and warm temperatures home for you zqvol! Oh yeah ... I have a good head start on my tan:p

FT ... what do you need in terms of info for our preboarding gathering other than a few tiaras:D

Greetings from warm and sometimes sunny Curitiba:) Other than a final number count, not aware of any info needed but will let you know when as the date gets closer . . . and it is slowly, but surely . . . :)

FT

Greetings from warm and sometimes sunny Curitiba:) Other than a final number count, not aware of any info needed but will let you know when as the date gets closer . . . and it is slowly, but surely . . . :)

FT

Glad all is well in Brazil!

Far as I know our number has changed.

You got me zqvol ... The number has NOT changed. Call it a blonde moment ... yet again:rolleyes:

time to reactivate this thread . . . . just want to make sure no drop outs . . . any drop ins? got to make sure we have enough luggage carts and bellmen reserved! Please reconfirm your booking at this time:D

FT

time to reactivate this thread . . . . just want to make sure no drop outs . . . any drop ins? got to make sure we have enough luggage carts and bellmen reserved! Please reconfirm your booking at this time:D

FT

DJ's DH and I are still in:D

don't think so ... you and your DH have exceeded your lifetime sarcasm quota . . . invitation withdrawn!!!!:p

FT

Geez ... we were just getting ready to email you and zqvol to see if you wanted to go to Fleming's tomorrow night for a March 6 SD board meeting!

FT

ohmiss's DH and I are still in. We've been off line for a week...tried to escape the weather here by driving down the Pacific coasts of Oregon and CA thru SFO and back...no luck...snow & rain followed us everywhere!! Pretty drive though. March 6th can't come fast enough.:) WHY did we move from Florida??!!:rolleyes:

don't think so ... you and your DH have exceeded your lifetime sarcasm quota . . . invitation withdrawn!!!!:p

FT

See ... he really is the trouble maker!

ohmiss's DH and I are still in. We've been off line for a week...tried to escape the weather here by driving down the Pacific coasts of Oregon and CA thru SFO and back...no luck...snow & rain followed us everywhere!! Pretty drive though. March 6th can't come fast enough.:) WHY did we move from Florida??!!:rolleyes:

Oh my ohmiss!! I read about the winter weather shutting down I-5. Hope you didn't get caught in that horrid situation!

We are so looking forward to seeing you and your DH in a little more than 2 weeks! We will be the ones with our noses pressed against the window looking in since FT is banishing us:p:D:p

FT

OK, that's where you are confused... I wasn't being sarcastic!

But to keep us on topic...

For those of us who are not staying at the Sheraton, what time should we plan to arrive there for lunch?

Glad to see that you are officially joining us:D

Here is the updated list:

So far we are 14 for lunch ...

ohmiss and DH - SD1

elocin1203 and DH - SD1

FT and zqvol - SD2

DJ and DJ's DH - SD2

Mr. and Mrs. MarDav - SD2

Dr. and Mrs. JBCJTC - SD2

The Raysans (Ray and Sandy) - SD2

We have 14 "reconfirmed" for lunch . . . any lurkers out there? . . . the more the merrier . . . I believe a hard core 12 for the luggage transfer . . . I'm hoping for a parade of luggage carts and a procession of tiara wearing princesses (or divas led by DisneyJen) down to the waterfront . . . . but will settle for a van if necessary to avoid hauling my own luggage, dive bag and laptop (or loading up poor ZQ Vol like a pack mule!) :D

FT

We have 14 "reconfirmed" for lunch . . . any lurkers out there? . . . the more the merrier . . . I believe a hard core 12 for the luggage transfer . . . I'm hoping for a parade of luggage carts and a procession of tiara wearing princesses (or divas led by DisneyJen) down to the waterfront . . . . but will settle for a van if necessary to avoid hauling my own luggage, dive bag and laptop (or loading up poor ZQ Vol like a pack mule!) :D

FT

LOL at the image of zqvol loaded down with all that stuff:p Is there room in the dive bag for two more snorkels and masks?

I have purchased my tiara ... and I know jbcjtc has a tiara or two she will be bringing to wear:D

Thanks for arranging this pre-boarding SD event!

LOL at the image of zqvol loaded down with all that stuff:p Is there room in the dive bag for two more snorkels and masks?

I have purchased my tiara ... and I know jbcjtc has a tiara or two she will be bringing to wear:D

Thanks for arranging this pre-boarding SD event!

I think that we can fit your snorkel gear with ours since I am not taking stuff to dive this time.

Just looking at the wave heights, between SJU and STT looks like 3 - 5 feet and less than 3 everywhere else.

I think that we can fit your snorkel gear with ours since I am not taking stuff to dive this time.

Just looking at the wave heights, between SJU and STT looks like 3 - 5 feet and less than 3 everywhere else.

That would be great if you could fit the snorkel stuff in your dive bag!

Interesting on the wave heights as I was looking at the severe weather alert out of SJU today:

SAN JUAN NEIGHBORHOOD AND NORTH-CENTRAL-NORTHEAST-NORTHWEST -

MAYAGUEZ AND NEIGHBORHOOD-CULEBRA-VIEQUES -

ST THOMAS / SAN JONHN / ADJACENT ISLANDS

645 AM AST WEDNESDAY 18 FEBRUARY 2009

... Rip WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM AST FRIDAY'S ...

A rip STRONG WARNING NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM

AST FRIDAY FOR THE COSTS TO THE NORTHWEST OF THE NORTHEAST

CULEBRA AND PUERTO RICO ... VIEQUES ... ST THOMAS ... ST JOHN AND THE ISLANDS

ADJACENT SMALLER.

Swell LONG PERIOD NORTH continued to develop

THROUGH THE LOCAL ATLANTIC WATERS AND CARIBBEAN PASSAGES TODAY

AND LATER TONIGHT AND CONTINUE UNTIL AT LEAST THURSDAY. THESE

Long period swells will produce WAVE OF 10 TO 16 break

FEET OR HIGHER ALONG THE BANKS CORALS ... BEACHES AND SAND

OF THE NORTHWEST COAST OF THE NORTHEAST OF THE LOCAL ISLANDS.

THESE surf continue to generate FLOWS AND STRONG

DANGEROUS WITHIN THE AREA OF CURRENT CALLS RESACA ...

Submarino. These currents flowing offshore CLOSE CAN

DRAG PEOPLE AND ANIMALS AWAY FROM THE COAST TO THE SEA. BE

TRAPPED IN AN undercurrent ... do not panic.

Quietly ... ... STAY A FLOAT GET YOUR POSITION ON

The beach ... and swim parallel to it. WILL THE POSSIBLE

Grab THIS NARROW CURRENT ... AND WILL SWIM WITH SAFETY

Toward the coast.

FOR THOSE WHO LIKE TO GO TO THE BEACH ... AND WITH LOW

Water sports EXPERIENCE MUST BE OUT

WATER UNTIL THESE HAZARDOUS CONDITIONS swell

Decreased. BEACHES IN THE PEOPLE MUST BE ALERT FOR

BIG surf that hit the coast ... which could

DRAG TO ALL KINDS OF PEOPLE NO MATTER offshore size.

SHOULD AVOID BEING NEAR THE COASTAL LINE AND STAY AWAY FROM

Rock formations.

These waves also has the potential to cause erosion in the

BEACH HOURS DURING HIGH TIDE.

HOURS OF THE NEXT HIGH TIDE IN SOME PLACES ARE

FOLLOWING:

SAN JUAN HARBOR: 3:07 PM AST TODAY TO 0.7 FEET

5:32 AM AST Thursday morning A 1.2 FEET

Magens BAY ST THOMAS: 6:36 a.m. Thursday morning A 1.0 FEET

Stay tuned RELEASES FOR POSSIBLE ADDITIONAL OR

Surveillance or WARNINGS FROM YOUR SERVICE FORECAST OFFICE

NATIONAL WEATHER IN SAN JUAN.

I had to use Google translator as this was in Spanish.

Here is the link off the NOAA page which includes an outlook for the week:

http://forecast.weather.gov/showsigwx.php?warnzone=PRZ001&warncounty=PRC031&firewxzone=PRZ001&local_place1=3+Miles+E+Trujillo+Alto+PR&product1=Hazardous+Weather+Outlook

Hopefully these swells will be long gone before we board!!

That would be great if you could fit the snorkel stuff in your dive bag!

Interesting on the wave heights as I was looking at the severe weather alert out of SJU today:

Hopefully these swells will be long gone before we board!!

Don't forget your ear patches. Parked on Deck 6 with horrible seasickness is no way to start your vacation (I know firsthand!) :(

See ... he really is the trouble maker!

Oh my ohmiss!! I read about the winter weather shutting down I-5. Hope you didn't get caught in that horrid situation!

We are so looking forward to seeing you and your DH in a little more than 2 weeks! We will be the ones with our noses pressed against the window looking in since FT is banishing us:p:D:p

Thank you Disney Jen!! That I-5 shutdown was a month ago. Terrible stuff! We stayed off I-5 and went down the Coast Hwy 101. Needed an ocean fix! Chilly, but beautiful. Only one jack-knifed tractor trailor the whole trip!! So far our dog has pooped in 29 states!!:D Going for 50!! Can't wait to meet you guys, you are so much fun! Wishn' we were on SD2, but either one will be GREAT:p 16 DAYS!!!!

Yesterday in Bermuda we had Gales with wind gusts up to 90 mph, this is eqivalent to a category 2 hurricane. That sort of weather will cause high seas over a very widespead area and we have more gales forecast for tomorrow

Yikes Ray!! Is this sort of weather common in Bermuda at this time of the year?

Hopefully Mother Nature and Mother Ocean will work all of this out before our voyage!

Thank you Disney Jen!! That I-5 shutdown was a month ago. Terrible stuff! We stayed off I-5 and went down the Coast Hwy 101. Needed an ocean fix! Chilly, but beautiful. Only one jack-knifed tractor trailor the whole trip!! So far our dog has pooped in 29 states!!:D Going for 50!! Can't wait to meet you guys, you are so much fun! Wishn' we were on SD2, but either one will be GREAT:p 16 DAYS!!!!

I laughed so hard that my two goldens thought I needed help when I read your comment about your doggie!!

We look forward to seeing everyone real soon!

We get gales in winter, with winter storms, but up to that wind speed is not very usual. In fact I got the speed wrong it was gusts of 92 knots which is about 105 mph. We also have another storm forecast for this evening but only up to 50 mph winds. Whenever we go on a cruise from here, espicially in winter I always fly out from here 2-3 days early in case there is bad weather here or on the east coast affecting flights. 9 days until we fly out of Bermuda.:p

We get gales in winter, with winter storms, but up to that wind speed is not very usual. In fact I got the speed wrong it was gusts of 92 knots which is about 105 mph. We also have another storm forecast for this evening but only up to 50 mph winds. Whenever we go on a cruise from here, espicially in winter I always fly out from here 2-3 days early in case there is bad weather here or on the east coast affecting flights. 9 days until we fly out of Bermuda.:p

Thanks for the info Ray! Can't imagine winds that high:eek:

I guess I never thought about winter storms in Bermuda or the Caribbean until we encountered those incredible swells last year. I have been checking the wave height prediction section of the NOAA page. Looks like the storms/swells should settle down in the next few days.

Are you packed yet:p

Archived