CC'ers March 6th SJU

ohmiss

An update on lunch plan

The courteous restauran manager, Dennis followed up with me today inquiring as to our luncheon preferences - here's what I advised.

lunch from 12:30 to 2, perhaps a bit longer, but most of us would be toddling off to SD as soon as we were allowed on board.

separate checks for each couple are preferred, but since we are a party of 14, we understood a fixed gratuity would be added.

yes, we definitely wanted cocktails and/or wine or beer, but individual choices

we preferred an la carte menu, but if due to size/capacity/timing, set menu was recommended, we were flexible

preferred tables of 4 to 6 and would mingle - but not one big table (hate feeling like I'm at my great aunt's)

we'd love local ingredients and local dishes to be featured.

so if I've missed something or misspoke, speak now or just don't show up for lunch. :rolleyes:

FT

This sounds great to us as well. Thanks for making these arrangements.

P.S. We're having a heat wave today.......15 degrees and sunny! Although still very cold, this is certainly better than the -40 wind chills we've had recently.

As my 14 year old nephew would say, "You are awsome, FT!" Thank you, the plans sound wonderful.

Here's a funny footnote....My "I'm not goin'' DH disappeared for a little bit this morning. When I found him he was packing his suitcase with his summer things!:D What are you doing, says I....."Just want to be ready" ...I haven't laughed that hard in a while! :p

Sounds great to me FT!

Thanks for taking control ... er I mean making the arrangements:D:p:D

Will the Sheraton arrange for luggage transfer for us?

Before I attempt to make arrangements -- is anyone else interested in luggage transfers? (can't you just envision the parade of luggage carts and bellman trolling down to SD, accompanied by our merry band of travelers after a few cocktails -- something like a la Eloise and the Plaza!:D)

FT

Before I attempt to make arrangements -- is anyone else interested in luggage transfers? (can't you just envision the parade of luggage carts and bellman trolling down to SD, accompanied by our merry band of travelers after a few cocktails -- something like a la Eloise and the Plaza!:D)

FT

I strongly suggest you all use a luggage transfer. While the Sheraton is close to where SD docks, it was such a pain for us to drag our luggage across the street, then down the sidewalk. Well, it was probably more of a pain for me than it was for DH. I don't do physical labor. :p:) I couldn't get that onboard glass of champagne soon enough. LOL

We left the Sheraton at 1:20 because I couldn't handle it anymore. Since embarkation wasn't until 2pm, the "officials" at the pier wouldn't let us in. So, sit back on the terrace & enjoy each other's company, timing your exit so you get to the pier a few minutes prior to embarkation. Then, once you finally get onboard & get settled on a sunbed w/ a glass of champagne, you can all toast me. :D And, if someone can please send me a bar of Bvlgari soap (the white one), I'd really appreciate it. My current one is the width of a dime. LOL

We would most definitely be interested in the luggage transfer. It would not be much difference for Sandy but as I am the one would be dragging two suitcases down the street in the blazing sun !!!!!!!!!!! Please help me

DJ's DH sure can relate Ray!!

FT

You know how I love a parade:D

But your favorite parades involve mice!

The mouse and princesses ... so unless I can talk DJ's DH into wearing his mouse-eared top hat this will be a parade of princesses:D Now where did I leave my tiara?:p

We are also interested in the luggage transfer. Thanks.

Can we join the luggage parade too?? Transfers would be great!

Are you keeping score FT or do you need me to do the math ... which should scare all of you:eek:

This time in 5 weeks we will in SJU!! Where is that "woo hoo" smilie when I need it??

I wish I could say I'd join you but, alas, I haven't even been home a week yet! I'm just poking my head in to say if you were interested in meeting up at a more authentic establishment in San Juan, try Otra Cosa which is close by El Convento...actually, even El Convento would be a nice place to meet--nice courtyard bar/restaurant.

Back to Otra Cosa, it's in a small courtyard that feels as though you're dining/drinking in someone's backyard. Very casual, with the greatest limeade/rum house drink! And the food isn't bad either.

Just a suggestion.

/jc

The mouse and princesses ... so unless I can talk DJ's DH into wearing his mouse-eared top hat this will be a parade of princesses:D Now where did I leave my tiara?:p

Are you keeping score FT or do you need me to do the math ... which should scare all of you:eek:

This time in 5 weeks we will in SJU!! Where is that "woo hoo" smilie when I need it??

I think tiaras would definitely make the parade . . . bring an extra if you can. . . and please keep track of the math for me. . .

No hard feelings if others want to move to a different location, but I'm luggage lazy and ZQ Vol and I will stay at the Sheration for lunch. :D Just post your plans here and stay in touch.

If I don't post any updates in the next two weeks, its due to total tech cluelessness and my inability to ask for assistance with wireless connections in Spanish or Portuguese during some business travel . . . but the countdown continues.

FT

We would prefer to keep lunch plans at the Sheraton as well, due to closeness to the pier.

That is great! Of course FT and I will be there and I suspect DJ and her DH will be with us too. I am not much inclined to go wandering over Old Town San Juan with luggage, it it too hilly for me.

I think we would prefer the Sheraton also because of the view of the ships, sorry Yachts, also we are staying there and the luggage transfer if it successful

oh, don't worry, luggage transfer will be successful (of course, there might be a slight charge, but I will post well in advance), I just don't want to go up and down with the numbers. . . there's more room for error the more times we change the numbers. I'm not a control freak . . . oops, long term planner. . for nothing :rolleyes:

FT

Hello Friends

Due to Ray and Sandy's (RAYSAN11) suggestion, we have re-booked at the Sheraton for the 5th. Please keep us in on the count for lunch, Palio, sounds great. I will wear my tiara!!:D We look forward to meeting everyone. DH is already packed....That little blue folder did it!;)

Robin & DH Berry :p

.... I'm not a control freak . . . oops, long term planner. . for nothing :rolleyes:

FT

FT, I think we have a gender communication issue here. What I consider "blonde haired, blue eyed, and bossy", DJ considers "demonstrating leadership capabilities".

What you and DJ both consider "long term planners..." ZQVOL and I KNOW is control freakism at it's best... to which we respond (respectfully) "yes, dear!."

We're in for lunch at the Sheraton as well.

Enjoying the snow FT, zqvol and DJ's DH? If it's any consolation it is raining here in Aruba right now.

As DD and I drove back from CLT last night, in less that perfect conditions (at least the cold white stuff wasn't sticking to the ground), I'm reminded of 4 sunny days in Aruba (Playing golf with DJ's ...uh, oh...DF??? (Dear Father)) , which are the tip of the iceburg compared with our March 6th sailing...and looking forward to it that much more.

Archived