Dave Chapman's Top Ten

Meh ... Dave is enthusiastic, I admit, but the whole act is still directly out of the cruise director entertainment handbook.

Well, aren't you just a ray of sunshine this morning. I guess this is one of those things where if you've seen it enough times the funny wears off. For me, this is all still new.

Well, aren't you just a ray of sunshine this morning. I guess this is one of those things where if you've seen it enough times the funny wears off. For me, this is all still new.

Sorry ... wasn't trying to be a downer. :o I've seen this same routine on Carnival, so it's not just RCCL. I know it's new to a lot of people, but sometimes I do wish that they'd change things up a bit, and not just this "list" ... I mean, when I see people rehearsing for the Love and Marriage gameshow, perhaps things have become too predictable.

Sorry ... wasn't trying to be a downer. :o I've seen this same routine on Carnival, so it's not just RCCL. I know it's new to a lot of people, but sometimes I do wish that they'd change things up a bit, and not just this "list" ... I mean, when I see people rehearsing for the Love and Marriage gameshow, perhaps things have become too predictable.

Ya know, I feel you here. I was a lover of all things Disney until I did, saw, and learned too much. It sucked all of the fun out of it. I still love Disney, but for the first time in 4 years I did not renew my annual pass :(

I bet it would be the same with cruising for people. You can only see the same show or gag so many times before it just sucks the life out of it.

The top ten list is like old vaudeville jokes, you may have heard them a thousand times, but it is all in the timing and delivery. Dave's expressions are also priceless. The microwave and salt water in the toilets were new ones for us and we've been on about 15 cruises.

Bon Voyage

The top ten list is like old vaudeville jokes, you may have heard them a thousand times, but it is all in the timing and delivery. Dave's expressions are also priceless. The microwave and salt water in the toilets were new ones for us and we've been on about 15 cruises.

Bon Voyage

We were on the Explorer with Dave back in June. It was the exact same show. I agree they do get old after a while but every so often they do throw a new one in. Have to say Dave's version was one of the best we have seen. Thanks for the link it brought back some great memories!

Bon Voyage

Talk about old vaudeville routines, I still miss "If I were not upon the sea". Are any lines still doing that chestnut?

I taped some in the '90s and should check with my son the TV engineer about putting them up on YouTube.

Archived