Solstice Dining Imput

Woobstr112G

Anyone out there that could comment on the specialty dining venues? Was curious how they have changed since Michael Roux is no longer associated with the line?

Bob

Diamond Princess Aus/NZ 01/09

Emerald Princess Med/Trans Atlantic 10/08

Celebrity Constellation British Isles/Norway 07/06

Celebrity Summit Alaska Repositioning 05/05

Celebrity Summit Panama Canal 10/02

Rhapsody Of The Seas Alaska 09/01

Spledour Of The Seas Baltic 09/99

HAL Veendam Eastern Caribbean 07/96

Carnival Holiday Western Carribean 07/93

Tuscan is wonderful, and Murano is great.

Thanks for the imput. DW and I are looking at fall 2010 for our next cruise. Trying to decide if we want to go back to Cleebrity or stay with princess.

Bob

Bob ~ we're on Crown Princess on March 8th and Solstice on March 15th. I'll give you a comparison. I can tell you that we were on Solstice in November and dined in Murano, Tuscan Grille and Silk Harvest. All three were wonderful. I enjoyed Tuscan most but everyone in our group thought all three were great! We've always enjoyed our Princess cruises but I have to admit that as ships go, we much prefer Solstice to current Princess ships. I'll report back in March to see if that still holds true.

Anyone out there that could comment on the specialty dining venues? Was curious how they have changed since Michael Roux is no longer associated with the line?

Bob

Hi Bob !

We thought Tuscan was outstanding. I didnt have a chance to eat in Murano's on Solstice, but I dined there on past sailings, and it was excellent. I recommend both restaurants. Enjoy your Cruise !

Bob ~ we're on Crown Princess on March 8th and Solstice on March 15th. I'll give you a comparison. I can tell you that we were on Solstice in November and dined in Murano, Tuscan Grille and Silk Harvest. All three were wonderful. I enjoyed Tuscan most but everyone in our group thought all three were great! We've always enjoyed our Princess cruises but I have to admit that as ships go, we much prefer Solstice to current Princess ships. I'll report back in March to see if that still holds true.

Thanks Host Anne. I look forward to your reports. You can email everything to woobstr112G@roadrunner.com

Thanks Again

Bob

We just returned from a cruise on Solstice. We dined in the Tuscan Grille and loved it. Personally, I miss Michael Roux's wonderful menus in the main dining room. I thought the food was ok... but uninspired and not as good as we had come to expect on Celebrity.

I looked into on-line reservations for Tuscan Grille on Solstice and 9pm is the earliest on all nights as of last night. Will I be able to locate other earlier times if I call Captain's Club do you think?

Phoned Captains Club over 3 weeks ago for reservation in Murano's. Best they could do is email the ship with my detail...then I should go to the restaurant when I board to find out "if" they can accommodate us. Many posters report they had no problem making their reservation if they went right to the restaurant once they boarded. Later in the week...not so much! Hope this helps.

Phoned Captains Club over 3 weeks ago for reservation in Murano's. Best they could do is email the ship with my detail...then I should go to the restaurant when I board to find out "if" they can accommodate us. Many posters report they had no problem making their reservation if they went right to the restaurant once they boarded. Later in the week...not so much! Hope this helps.

Hi Oceangoer !

As I have mentioned in numerous threads, Celebrity has told me they do not fill up all of the available bookings in advance, so there is availability when you board the ship. The key is to make reservations as soon as you board the ship. For those that wait a day or 2, you run the risk of being shut out.

I hope this helps. Enjoy your Cruise !

Hi Oceangoer !

As I have mentioned in numerous threads, Celebrity has told me they do not fill up all of the available bookings in advance, so there is availability when you board the ship. The key is to make reservations as soon as you board the ship. For those that wait a day or 2, you run the risk of being shut out.

I hope this helps. Enjoy your Cruise !

Thanks Host Andy.....both you and Anne are to be commended for your thoughtful, kind and quick responses. Sometimes threads aren't referred to until near to one's cruise and the questions become redundant and also might not be posed in the most straightforward way, but you both somehow weed through and get to the crux of it with an understandable response.

Regards,

Thanks Host Andy.....both you and Anne are to be commended for your thoughtful, kind and quick responses. Sometimes threads aren't referred to until near to one's cruise and the questions become redundant and also might not be posed in the most straightforward way, but you both somehow weed through and get to the crux of it with an understandable response.

Regards,

Hi Oceangoer !

Thank you for your very nice comments. I truly take pleasure in helping others. I am glad that Hosts Anne & Walt, and My past experiences can help our Cruise Critic friends in some way.

Please dont worry about the reservation on Solstice.... if you get there very early, you should be fine ! Make sure to try Tuscan. They had a Crab appetizer that was rich, but fantastic. Same for the Onion Soup. Rich, but wonderful. The steak had great taste, and was melt in your mouth. I thought it was the 2nd best meal I ever had on a Cruise. The best meal was at Prime C on Azamara Quest. I am so missing those restaurants right now. I'm also missing the heavenly Chocolate Croissants, but that's another story !

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. We had a wonderful time on Solstice, and I hope you do too !

OK. I am taking my Flintstone feet to see the maitre'd as soon as I board. Thanks!:)

Hi Finely !

Yabba Dabba Doo :) Have a wonderful Cruise on Solstice !

Hi Oceangoer !

Thank you for your very nice comments. I truly take pleasure in helping others. I am glad that Hosts Anne & Walt, and My past experiences can help our Cruise Critic friends in some way.

Please dont worry about the reservation on Solstice.... if you get there very early, you should be fine ! Make sure to try Tuscan. They had a Crab appetizer that was rich, but fantastic. Same for the Onion Soup. Rich, but wonderful. The steak had great taste, and was melt in your mouth. I thought it was the 2nd best meal I ever had on a Cruise. The best meal was at Prime C on Azamara Quest. I am so missing those restaurants right now. I'm also missing the heavenly Chocolate Croissants, but that's another story !

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. We had a wonderful time on Solstice, and I hope you do too !

You're quite welcome! Good to hear the TG is great...we DO have a reservation there (booked online quote a while ago), but heard so much about Murano we thought it a shame to miss....soooooo...we'll take your suggestion and hotfoot it there after boarding...maybe even before lunch!! We may have to bowl over Ms Flintstone Feet! Ooops....just read you're on another cruise, so we'll have the front of the line to ourselves.

ENJOY YOUR CRUISE..!

You're quite welcome! Good to hear the TG is great...we DO have a reservation there (booked online quote a while ago), but heard so much about Murano we thought it a shame to miss....soooooo...we'll take your suggestion and hotfoot it there after boarding...maybe even before lunch!! We may have to bowl over Mr Flintstone Feet!

We should have been on the same cruise and shared a table for our reservations!!!:D

We just returned from a cruise on Solstice. We dined in the Tuscan Grille and loved it. Personally, I miss Michael Roux's wonderful menus in the main dining room. I thought the food was ok... but uninspired and not as good as we had come to expect on Celebrity.

On our prior sailings, we liked the main dining room food. The food in the specialty venues was out of this world.

Bob

Archived