Solstice Dining Imput

Woobstr112G

We just returned from a cruise on Solstice. We dined in the Tuscan Grille and loved it. Personally, I miss Michael Roux's wonderful menus in the main dining room. I thought the food was ok... but uninspired and not as good as we had come to expect on Celebrity.

I completely agree with you.

We ate in Murano, Tuscan, and Silk Harvest - all were great, and we liked Murano the best. Oh yes, don't miss the Creperie on 5 - excellent crepes, great value ($5/person for all you care to eat).

A suggestion for those who have booked the Solstice well in advance: Book dining in any/all of these restaurants as soon as you can, because apparently the "prime" dinng times are filling up sooner that they were. You can book these online and prepay with your credit card.

Phil

We will be on the Solstice in March. At this point they have lowered the Aqua Class cost for that category.

If you book Aqua Class do you have your own restaurant to eat in? If yes, what kind of food is served there and is it as good as any other restaurant mentioned? Would it be to our advantage to change our reservations?

Thanks for any information!

Sally

With all these positive comments about the Solstice, I can't wait to try her out....>

Bob

Diamond Princess Aus/NZ 01/09

Emerald Princess Med/Trans Atlantic 10/08

Celebrity Constellation British Isles/Norway 07/06

Celebrity Summit Alaska Repositioning 05/05

Celebrity Summit Panama Canal 10/02

Rhapsody Of The Seas Alaska 09/01

Spledour Of The Seas Baltic 09/99

HAL Veendam Eastern Caribbean 07/96

Carnival Holiday Western Carribean 07/93

We are coming back to Celebrity after many years on RSSC. Primarily due to price, and knowing that they have a very good product. We are used to open seating and hope that being in a concierge cabin might help us with reservations in the speciality restaurants. Can they help?

Thanks,

Jim

Just back from 1/25 sailing on Solstice...

Another huge thumbs up for Tuscan Grill..

There were great appetizers & salads. We had the filet mignon. Excellent Tiramisu for dessert, although DH was not so keen on the pistachio creme brulee! great aft views if you go before sunset!!!!!!

one downside of all this specialty dining is that we had a great table for 6 on the railing , top tier & never met our tablemates...the one night they showed up we were at the Tuscan...

many empty seats in the MDR ,so I guess that's why they shifted to pre-paid gratuities-- at least the staff will get something..

We will be on the Solstice in March. At this point they have lowered the Aqua Class cost for that category.

If you book Aqua Class do you have your own restaurant to eat in? If yes, what kind of food is served there and is it as good as any other restaurant mentioned? Would it be to our advantage to change our reservations?

Thanks for any information!

Sally

Yes, if you're in AQ then you have your own restaurant, Blu. It's nice and all, but I preferred the other dining venues. Blu was alright, but nothing to write home about. Our waiter was fantastic though and was very agreeable. :)

I do enjoy the perks of AQ though.

I dined at Silk Harvest, Tuscan Grille and Murano. Silk Harvest was good if you like sushi - i found that their entrees were not as good as if you were to go to a thai, chinese, or mongolian restaurant though. Their fried rice was really tasty though! [Me being chinese....I've tried all sorts of fried rice already! :)]

Tuscan was fantastic!!! Hubby, godparents and I really overdid it that night. We had almost all the appetizers and most of us got the filet [i think?]. YUM! I miss it so much!

Murano is such an experience!!!!! Anyone that is a foodie would LOVE Murano. I got to try a few things that I would never think of ordering [expensive/rare] such as foie gras. They made it so well - it just melts in your mouth! Mario was the maitre'd. He's so great!

Archived