Bathroom Ammenities on the Solstice

pandabebe

Sorry for this very silly question...:p

DH and I will be cruising on the Solstice in 2 weeks (can't wait!). I was just wondering if someone could tell me if Celebrity provides shampoo and condition. I was on the Summit a year ago and can't remember for the life of me (and from what I recall from my previous RCL cruises is that they only provide 2 in 1, which I can't stand). I'm just starting to put together my list of things to pack and would like to eliminate the need to having to bring both shampoo and conditioner if the cruise line provides it.

And if they do provide those 2 items, would you happen to know what brand?

TIA!

Just off the Solstice Sunday and we had shampoo, conditioner, body wash and lotion. Don't know what brand, something with lemongrass, nice mild fragrance. Didn't need to use the conditioner, loved the body lotion. We had a regular balcony cabin.

Hi,

We just did a two week trip on the magnificent Solstice. Truly lots of WOW factor there! :D

We were in Concierge Class and Aqua Class, and had four small bottles on the bathroom counter, in the tray:

• Hydro-Minerale - Lemongrass Body Wash (Rejuvenate)
  • Hydro-Minerale - Lemongrass Conditioning Cream (Relax)
  • Hydro-Minerale - Lemongrass Hydrating Shampoo (Renew)
  • Hydro-Minerale - Lemongrass Moisture Lotion (Replenish)

These are all marked "Created Exclusively for Celebrity Cruises."

In addition to these four were three smaller items:

• Hydro-Minerale - Lemongrass Facial Mist (Rehydrate)
  • Hydro-Minerale - Lemongrass Foot Spray (Refresh)
  • Hydro-Minerale - Lemongrass Lip Balm (Restore)

We liked all of the products, didn't find their mild scent at all unpleasant, and thought they were a step above what we'd been seeing on other Celebrity ships, and at least as good as the very small "Rosemary Infusion" products at our pre-cruise 'luxury' hotel in Ft. Lauderdale.

Have a great cruise!! I hope you enjoy the Solstice as much as we did!

CM

IMG_4079.jpg.7af25e2b03544e7ecff042c20c5b9b45.jpg

Hi,

...well, dang, I forgot about the teeth-whitening sample. I tried that, too, and thought it was quite good. Not good enough for me to spend the money on the whole package (eeeeek!!!), but I did enjoy the sample.

The foot spray and the face spray were very nice. I took the face spray on a couple of shore excursions and loved the refreshening mist. The foot spray was nice, using it out on the veranda with feet up on the ottoman.

CM

Hi,

...well, dang, I forgot about the teeth-whitening sample. I tried that, too, and thought it was quite good. Not good enough for me to spend the money on the whole package (eeeeek!!!), but I did enjoy the sample.

The foot spray and the face spray were very nice. I took the face spray on a couple of shore excursions and loved the refreshening mist. The foot spray was nice, using it out on the veranda with feet up on the ottoman.

CM

I still miss hte foot spray. I was on for 14 days and never saw it. seems we all got hte same nice products no matter what cabin you were in. I just had the ritzy shower.:D

In our balcony cabin they had mini soaps, & lemongrass cream, shampoo & conditioner...Did not like its scent at all --

Anyhow, glad we brought our own...

Was just on Mille, had same 5 products, 2 types of bar soap, Body wash, Shampoo, Cond, & lotion in The lemongrass scent. Guess we didn't deserve the extra products (CC cabin) I for one really LOVED the scent and the shampoo & Conditioner were better than any I had at home (including Steiner products I bought last cruise). Wondering if anyone knows if these are Elemis Spa products??

• 4 years later...
Sorry for this very silly question...:p

DH and I will be cruising on the Solstice in 2 weeks (can't wait!). I was just wondering if someone could tell me if Celebrity provides shampoo and condition. I was on the Summit a year ago and can't remember for the life of me (and from what I recall from my previous RCL cruises is that they only provide 2 in 1, which I can't stand). I'm just starting to put together my list of things to pack and would like to eliminate the need to having to bring both shampoo and conditioner if the cruise line provides it.

And if they do provide those 2 items, would you happen to know what brand?

TIA!

The following pictures are from the May 17th Alaska sailing of Solstice.

DSC_0064_zpsad2acf16.jpg

DSC_0065_zps1379182f.jpg

DSC_0063_zps782b1a38.jpg

On our March Equinox cruise, we had "premium" Bulgari suite toiletries --- YUCK! Way over-perfumed, and they left behind what could only be described as an oil slick. :eek: Fortunately, when we asked our room steward, he was able to provide the basic "lemongrass" amenities -- shampoo, conditioner, and bar soap. No face mist, body wash, or lip balm -- those must have been the old suite amenity toiletries. Hoping that X goes back to those, for the suites! :cool:

I personally do not like the lemongrass shampoo & conditioner.

We generally fly to the port city a day or so early. For longer cruises (12+ days) we don't pack shampoo, conditioner, mousse, spray, deodorant , shower gel, toothpaste, etc. when we arrive at the port city we hit the drugstore and $ store and buy the smallest (not trial) of these products.

There generally is very little left at the end of a cruise so we just leave it.

Saves weight & space in luggage both ways.

Last year, we booked a Sky Suite on Century, and they were promoting the fact that suite passengers get BULGARI products. They were awesome. Now it looks like that promotion has disappeared.

Let me guess....another Celebrity "cost cutting" maneuver??!!

They had shampoo..lemongrass sent. no conditioner. i forgot who makes it. loved the body wash. one little bottle lasted hte cruise.

Really? I haven't cruised in standard cabin before, but I am pretty sure that my daughter and sister, who were in standard balcony cabin last year on Millie, had shampoo AND conditioner, separate, in the lemongrass scent. We had the same lemongrass products in our suite on Millie and Solstice (shampoo, conditioner, body wash, soap, and lip balm) and LOVED it. I actually don't like the Bulgari products they have in the suites now. They are too perfume-y. I liked the fresh lemongrass scented stuff a lot more.

On our March Equinox cruise, we had "premium" Bulgari suite toiletries --- YUCK! Way over-perfumed, and they left behind what could only be described as an oil slick. :eek: Fortunately, when we asked our room steward, he was able to provide the basic "lemongrass" amenities -- shampoo, conditioner, and bar soap. No face mist, body wash, or lip balm -- those must have been the old suite amenity toiletries. Hoping that X goes back to those, for the suites! :cool:

On Reflection this past April, in a suite, we had the stinky, perfume-y Bulgari products, and I agree that the previous lemongrass products still offered in standard cabins were much nicer. If I were a man, I would be pretty mad that I had to use bath products that made me smell like a French Whore. (no offense intended at all, to either the French, or ladies of the evening, it is just a figure of speech.) However, we did get the lip balm in the same brand as the lemongrass products, and it is my favorite lip balm in the world. I have always said I would buy it if I knew were to get it, but as far as I can tell it is only available on X cruises! I even asked for extra this year on Reflection, I love it so much, so that I would have enough lip balm left over to last me at home until my next X cruise! :)

Bulgari is apparently still in the Suites. I had thought it had disappeared, as the website says different things depending on the page you are on.

For those posters on this board that hate the stuff, I'm sure your steward can get you the cheapie in-house alternatives.

I found the Bulgari stuff to be quite good, in fact the shampoo was the best I've ever had. I tried ordering some on-line when we returned. Turns out it is at least $60 a bottle, so I thought differently. Bulgari beats the heck out of Suave however !! :p

It's nice to be pampered every once in a while.

Archived