Barcelona (Navigator) Return to Airport

yogimax

We had a return flight at 10:00 am in Barcelona and made it, granted we were running through the airport but we did make it on the flight. Just pay attention to the disembarking times the ship gives you, they tried to give us a 9:00 time and I went to the pursers desk and had it switched to an earlier time. We used the ship's transfers both to and from the ship to Barcelona. Enjoy your cruise! The Navigator is so beautiful and so was the Mediterranean.

If all goes well, is the noon flight doable?

We don't have any recent experience of the RCI airport transfer service but have sailed out of Barcelona many times and have always managed to arrive at the airport by taxi by 8:00 am latest. Would suggest however that you do try to get early disembarkation colour tags for your luggage so that you can be ahead of the crowd. Enjoy your cruise;).

Personally, Barcelona is a city in which it would be a joy to be stuck for a few days. Why the desire to get out of dodge so quick? Other than a small plug for tourism to Barcelona, you should be able to get to the airport with plenty of time. As the airport is not far distant, and RCI I am sure wants to turn the ship around quickly.

jc

Saw 3 disembarkations on the Nav last May as we did 3 b2b's and I have never seen a ship 'emptied' so efficiently. Everyone was off by 9.30 every time, so you'll have no problems. Just so you know its about 30 mins to the airport by taxi and will cost about €30-35.

Simon

We had an 11am flight and had to wait for the check-in to open (they wait til 3 hour prior).

If you are worried, do express debarkation; you have to make sure to sign up early because -supposedly- they limit the amount of passengers that can do it.

Personally, Barcelona is a city in which it would be a joy to be stuck for a few days. Why the desire to get out of dodge so quick?

Actually, we are arriving in Barcelona three days early to enjoy the city in all of its "Gaudi-ness!"

You should be fine. We made an 11am flight when we came off Voyager in September 2007 with hours to spare. We didn't use RC's transfers though. We just took a taxi. There was a long line of them waiting when we got off the ship.

Just do the self-assist disembarkation- hang onto your luggage and take it down yourself at whatever early time you want, then you don't wait for 'colors' to be called. We had a 1030 flight and we could have got the 0930 one if I had only known...

We were on the NOS end of last May (Whitsun holidays), so the boat was packed and it was a nightmare getting a taxi, we got off after 9am and waited for more than an hour in the hot sun (not all the wait area is covered), so were a bit frazzled when we eventually climbed in the cab. Fortunately, we were stopping over a few days so it wasn't a problem regarding the airport, however, I noticed that quite a few people were waiting for the airport bus, which we might do another time.

We are on Brilliance from Barcelona in August and our return flight is 9.45am, but we are not taking any chances, so are getting an afternoon flight. It means having to fill in the morning in Barca (groan :)) but I;d rather that than risk missing the flight back to the UK (which is via Zurich, so we'd miss the connecting flight as well)

It's a personal choice whether or not you risk it, many do with no problem, but if the ship's delayed for any reason you will be stuck

Archived