Scrubs

Angie8264

On the casual dress for Norweigan Sky does anyone ever wear scrubs? I am seriously thinking about packing mine, they are lightweight and oh so comfortable, wont take up much room at all. Just not sure as this is my first cruise. Any comments appreicated

For dinner?! Not unless you need to pick up some extra shifts in the infirmary.

No, not for dinner. Just around the ship. Was just an idea since they dont take up a lot of room and are comfortable to wear.

There are other styles of clothing that are comfortable and light to pack that would be more appropriate for a cruise than scrubs, I think. I personally have never seen them on a cruise I've been on (and that's just fine with me because I see more than enough people in scrubs on a daily basis....)

I would say scrubs probably wouldn't be the best idea for a cruise. You'll end up looking like you work there instead of a cruiser.

Daytime dress is definitly casual, but If you're looking for a pair of comfy pants/capris, I would recommend a nice pair of yoga pants or maybe cargo capris. They can be just as comfy without looking like a "costume".

On the casual dress for Norweigan Sky does anyone ever wear scrubs?

No!

I am seriously thinking about packing mine, they are lightweight and oh so comfortable, wont take up much room at all. Just not sure as this is my first cruise. Any comments appreicated

Leave them at home for work.

I'm sure your jammies are comfy too but I wouldn't suggest them for onboard wear either. ;)

I agree with everyone else. Scrubs and pajamas should not be worn out in public. Not on a cruise ship, not to the grocery store, not even to Walmart.

I don't understand what this "but their so comfortable" thing is. All of my clothes are comfortable. I would not buy something that was not.

Kelly

I don't understand what this "but their so comfortable" thing is. All of my clothes are comfortable. I would not buy something that was not.

Kelly

YES!

I really can't remember anyone whining....."ohhhh, these clothes are sooooo uncomfortable".:D Well, maybe some guy in a tux even though I don't get that one either.:p

Scrubs are NOT to be worn when you're not working...it's one thing to wear them to the grocery store after you've gotten off work, but to deliberatly bring them on vacation???NO!

Get some shorts and some soft tees...

want to deliberately look that "SCHLUMPY"...OMG.............abso noooooo

LOL I guess I should explain this a little better. I AM NOT talking about for a formal night. I was thinking more along the lines if I get burned they would come in handy. The ones I have fit so no I dont think I would look SCHLUMPY at all.(also the ones I have are colorful with designs, not white nurses uniforms!) Above all else I was thinking of not "weighting" down my suitcase. And it was a thought just wanted to get a few opinions on the subject(to me they are about the same as a jogging outfit)

Thank you all for your comments.:)

On the casual dress for Norweigan Sky does anyone ever wear scrubs? I am seriously thinking about packing mine, they are lightweight and oh so comfortable, wont take up much room at all. Just not sure as this is my first cruise. Any comments appreicated

Scrubs????

Only if you are on duty.

Does not matter.....NO!!!! BTW...scrubs are no way near or considered a jogging outfit. And did you say they have prints?? Like ducks, flowers, fish....? OMGosh! Scrubs are for work only. When you’re home or on vacation you don't want to be wearing something that reminds you of work.

Just my opinion, I hope you have a wonderful trip!

LOL I guess I should explain this a little better. I AM NOT talking about for a formal night.

I don't think anyone here thought you were. I think we all expressed opinions about them for non-formal evenings.

I was thinking more along the lines if I get burned they would come in handy.

Why get burned? Bring sunblock, don't bake in the sun and don't ruin your skin or your vacation. But if you are silly enough to let yourself burn, bring some other soft clothing. A lightweight skirt and a soft tee or tank top is just an comfy as work scrubs.

The ones I have fit so no I dont think I would look SCHLUMPY at all.(also the ones I have are colorful with designs, not white nurses uniforms!) Above all else I was thinking of not "weighting" down my suitcase. And it was a thought just wanted to get a few opinions on the subject(to me they are about the same as a jogging outfit)

Thank you all for your comments.:)

My mail carrier looks cute in her post office outfit and not schlumpy at all. It fits her well, and her hair and makeup are always nice. However, I'm sure she doesn't wear her uniform out to dinner or on vacation. A work uniform is just that.

I've never seen white scrubs, the ones I see in my doctors office are always colorful and pleasant looking.

You're welcome for all our opinions. Have a wonderful cruise!:)

Another vote for no scrubs.

I think they would look really out of place.

There are so many cute comfortable clothes. I just bought several cute comfy items at JC Penney and Macy's for my cruise next month.

Last year on What Not to Wear they profiled a woman who wore nothing but scrubs. Definitely a don't outside the workplace.

YES!

I really can't remember anyone whining....."ohhhh, these clothes are sooooo uncomfortable".:D Well, maybe some guy in a tux even though I don't get that one either.:p

The guy was probably wearing the wrong size :)

My husband hated wearing a tie on cruises, until I measured his neck and bought him a new shirt that fit. The old one had been purchased years before.

Edit to add, I'll also vote no on scrubs. I don't wear scrubs ever, but I also don't wear the same clothing I wear to work on a cruise. I generally wear jeans to work, with sneakers....not a great look but functional for what I do all day. On a cruise I want to look nicer than I do in my work clothes.

I truly apologize in advance for sounding snarky, but if you want to be "comfortable" and wear scrubs, why are you bothering to go on a cruise? Why not stay home? I like to dress nicer on a cruise than I do in my everyday life. I wouldn't dream of bringing my "house" clothes on a cruise. And like everyone else said, my clothes are already comfortable.

Archived