Teens Want to bring PS3 Game Console

Cardancer4

I am just throwing in my 2 sense here.

We all have different ways of relaxing, mine happens to be by the pool with a drink in my hand, talking to as many people as possible.

My husband on the other hand, not a big fan of the pool and chatting it up with everyone he meets. This does not make him gulity of not wanting to spend time with me and our son on the cruise.

He fully intends to bring his XBOX, and with NO responsibility and the freedom to relax the way HE likes to relax, who am I to tell him no.

He will by all means be at the pool and at ports and not miss a beat of excitement, but at night or at "nap" time, why not let him chill the way he wants.

This will be our 4th cruise, and the first year he will be "allowed" to bring his XBOX. I am sure that I will save money in the long run without his frequent visits to the roulette wheel.

Flame Away........

My almost 13 year old son always cruises with a system, and we always bring a portable monitor/DVD unit just in case the tv in the cabin gives us trouble, but so far it has always worked.

We are on Splendor in a few weeks and he's bringing his PS3...I fully expect other kids to wind up in his cabin playing. Just remember your own cables and you should be ok.

Here's a pic of the underside of a flat screen TV on the Splendor. The connections are pretty easy to get to:

IMG_2533.jpg

I am just throwing in my 2 sense here.

We all have different ways of relaxing, mine happens to be by the pool with a drink in my hand, talking to as many people as possible.

My husband on the other hand, not a big fan of the pool and chatting it up with everyone he meets. This does not make him gulity of not wanting to spend time with me and our son on the cruise.

He fully intends to bring his XBOX, and with NO responsibility and the freedom to relax the way HE likes to relax, who am I to tell him no.

He will by all means be at the pool and at ports and not miss a beat of excitement, but at night or at "nap" time, why not let him chill the way he wants.

This will be our 4th cruise, and the first year he will be "allowed" to bring his XBOX. I am sure that I will save money in the long run without his frequent visits to the roulette wheel.

Flame Away........

There should be no flaming. It's your cruise... spend it in whatever method makes you and your husband happy.

I understand that we all have opinions but vilifying folks because their idea of what to do on board makes no sense.

Some people get drunk, some people read books, some people stare at the sea and some people play video games... To each their own...

Just my $.02...

:)

Thanks Mach, always so darn helpful!! My son will be happy this one looks to be a pretty easy install...a few years back we were on RCCL's Vision, one of the older ships...he almost ripped his hand off trying to reach the connection, but he got it.:eek:

I will tell him this one is easy...thanks for the pic.:D:)

Mach

Since you are the man with so much knowledge, do you know if the tv's on the Triumph have the same type of connections as the photo you showed for the Splendor?

The Triumph went through dry dock last September and into October so I suspect that she will have one of the types of ViewSonic flat screen TVs...

:)

• 8 years later...

Hi all

After seeing the replies to this thread I understand some of the reasons for not taking games consuls But

we are taking our disabled 28 year old son on Britannia for a 12 day cruise, he has asked if he can take his PS3 with him he is confined to a wheelchair so there is limits to what he can do onboard

Hi all

After seeing the replies to this thread I understand some of the reasons for not taking games consuls But

we are taking our disabled 28 year old son on Britannia for a 12 day cruise, he has asked if he can take his PS3 with him he is confined to a wheelchair so there is limits to what he can do onboard

Could you of found an older thread? This one is only 9 years old...

Hi all

You could look into something like this:

https://gaemspge.com/black-edition-vanguard.html

Hi all

Carnival does not allow passengers to attach anything to their cabin TVs.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2789/~/stateroom-television-programming

"Connecting Personal Devices to Stateroom TV's

Guests are not permitted to connect Digital Cameras/Camcorders, DVDs/VCRs, USB sticks, iPods, Nintendo/X-Box Play units with the television in the staterooms; all connection ports are disabled."

P&O's website states the following about it:

"

Type of connections

Smart Devices (iPods | iPads | Tablets | Smartphones )

Azura, Britannia & Ventura

These ships have interactive televisions therefore the connection sockets are used to enable the use of the interactive systems. We therefore request that these connection points are not altered."

https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/fleet/tv_channels

It sounds like you might be better off finding a stand-alone hand-held gaming device. I hope this helps.

Thanks for the replies only registered on here today didn’t look at the date just the subject line sorry for being a plank

No worries.

Some people on here just like to complain. If you really do something wrong the moderators will take care of it. Otherwise, don't worry about it and have fun! :)

I see no problem with using an existing thread to get information. I guess the only drawback would be that the older info given could be outdated. I wish our TV could be used to watch our videos from our day in port & view our pics. It would be nice to see them a bit larger.

Thanks for the replies only registered on here today didn’t look at the date just the subject line sorry for being a plank

We were on the Splendor last month. Our TV had NO inputs.

Bring along a stand alone system, like a Switch.

We were on the Splendor last month. Our TV had NO inputs.

Bring along a stand alone system, like a Switch.

Thats what my grandson is bringing. Between that and the systems in the kids clubs...that should occupy his gaming urges

Don't fash yourself... the only reason I noticed the date was the posts from Mach, God rest his soul- he passed last year. So unless it was divine intervention, I figured it was an older post... mind you, knowing how much Mach loved cruising, you never know!!!

My kids wanted me to bring ours because other families are also bringing theirs but based on what some said here, I didn't think it would work. But some good friends here suggested to check out YouTube on this subject and there are clips for almost every cruise line and ship in their fleet!

People use it to edit photos and videos to send to family and friends, to watch movies on their laptops and yes, gulp, to play video games. It can be easily done. And if you watch some of the videos, you may pick up something I did that I found amazing and maybe a way to keep in touch with those at home. Listen and watch closely to some of the clips and you will see what I mean..............

For those that think there is no reason to bring it, there are lots of 18-21 year olds that are kind of lost in the shuffle. My kids were in that age group a couple of years ago and it was tough. They were too young for the bars, but too old for the kids clubs. I think this is a great idea to get them past this icky stage. JMHO~